Britain's Queen Elizabeth II caught on camera calling Chinese officials 'very rude'

amoy

Yes, we all got an opportunity to see the levelheadedness during Tienanmen square.
Many events could often be examined / judged more thoroughly with hindsight incl. the Tienanmen. Nobody shall (pretend to) be naive regardless of "ideology". Just google yourself what GoI is doing to dissidents/minority.

It's similar to u Indians evaluating Nehru's legacy posthumously. At the moment of making the decision, he and his "advisors" might be thinking that was the right choice under his circumstances. Most Indian commoners probably agreed at that time too, given their limited access to info. But afterwards, more and more docs have been declassified like Henderson Brooks Reports. Then people either felt that proved their doubts before, or started to question justification of Nehru's ill-prepared aggressions, and the China "back-stabbing" myth that had been fed to the Indian audience.

Now back to Tienanmen those dissident leaders who are mostly in US now have shown what could have been the scenario otherwise in the event of being at the helm of China.

Last edited:

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Many events could often be examined / judged more thoroughly with hindsight incl. the Tienanmen. Nobody shall (pretend to) be naive regardless of "ideology". Just google yourself what GoI is doing to dissidents/minority.
I agree with you on that. I, just like many other Indians, am certainly displeased with how GOI is dealing with its dissidents. The government has my vote of support to shoot all the dissidents in their ass, but GOI keeps disappointing me by allowing these people to live.

It's similar to u Indians evaluating Nehru's legacy posthumously. At the moment of making the decision, he and his "advisors" might be thinking that was the right choice under his circumstances. Most Indian commoners probably agreed at that time too, given their limited access to info. But afterwards, more and more docs have been declassified like Henderson Brooks Reports. Then people either felt that proved their doubts before, or started to question justification of Nehru's ill-prepared aggressions, and the China "back-stabbing" myth that had been fed to the Indian audience.
True that. No one believes the backstabbing story here. Everyone is convinced that the 1962 debacle was a result of lack of wisdom on Nehru's part. This naive pest was the one who first recommended the disbanding of the Indian army claiming that the police are enough to take care of the nation's interests and then pretended to be surprised when India got thrashed by China. One can't blame others for not being equally naive. Nehru is definitely a dark and undeserving blot on the history of our glorious civilization.

fooLIam

I agree with you on that. I, just like many other Indians, am certainly displeased with how GOI is dealing with its dissidents. The government has my vote of support to shoot all the dissidents in their ass, but GOI keeps disappointing me by allowing these people to live.

True that. No one believes the backstabbing story here. Everyone is convinced that the 1962 debacle was a result of lack of wisdom on Nehru's part. This naive pest was the one who first recommended the disbanding of the Indian army claiming that the police are enough to take care of the nation's interests and then pretended to be surprised when India got thrashed by China. One can't blame others for not being equally naive. Nehru is definitely a dark and undeserving blot on the history of our glorious civilization.
A person with wisdom would never allowed tibet to occupied by other nation(on top of having hostile and expansionist ideology ) in the first place and hence elimination of century old buffer zone but despite repeated warnings,he simply ignored them. he was only qualified to be chaprasi but as they say people gets what they deserve.I am glad mao attacked.

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's letter to Jawaharlal Nehru:
http://www.friendsoftibet.org/main/sardar.html

hindu chini bhai bhai :pound:

Last edited:

amoy

hmmmm, when u invaded another country on basis of assumptions the victim wouldn't resist provocations / retaliate ah ha, waiting for getting slayed like sitting ducks??

Henderson Brooks report lists the guilty men of 1962
'It appears that the DIB was of the opinion that the 'Chinese would not react to our establishing of new posts and that they were not likely to use force against any of our posts even if they were in a position to do so.' The IB slept through Chinese preparedness on the border.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
A person with wisdom would never allowed tibet to occupied by other nation(on top of having hostile and expansionist ideology ) in the first place and hence elimination of century old buffer zone but despite repeated warnings,he simply ignored them. he was only qualified to be chaprasi but as they say people gets what they deserve.I am glad mao attacked.

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's letter to Jawaharlal Nehru:
http://www.friendsoftibet.org/main/sardar.html

hindu chini bhai bhai :pound:
Yup. The security architecture that the British had created for India was the best. We had a sort of Monroe doctrine for Indian sub-continent. Tibet as a buffer between India and China, and they had Afghanistan ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakhan_Corridor ) as a buffer against USSR. We haven't managed to rebuild those since our independence. At the time of independence our airforce even had force projection capabilities but at the time of leaving, the British broke the planes to make sure India didn't have access to those assets. It's been decades and we are only beginning to have projection capabilities, still not enough to mount a mission in the SCS or Afghanistan.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
chinise are like tennagers but think like world power, lolol, tey scared to fight the philipes. and chinise tourist do their children shit in other country in road and mall. and wen america come to china sea, tey complain and cry. idiot country and stupid ccp.
Enough is enough, you are noe in a big problem man. :mad:
Get ready to e civil or banned.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
When I visited some 3rd world countries.
  1. Second World: Alignment with Soviet block in Cold War(both India and China)
  2. Third World: Exploited and poor countries who mainly established in 40s and 50s(both India and China).
  3. Western Definition: Neutral as third world and communist as second world.(China fits in second world here but not so with India in third world).
You tried to use Western definition even after being Chinese but failed miserably. :p

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
  1. Second World: Alignment with Soviet block in Cold War(both India and China)
  2. Third World: Exploited and poor countries who mainly established in 40s and 50s(both India and China).
  3. Western Definition: Neutral as third world and communist as second world.(China fits in second world here but not so with India in third world).
You tried to use Western definition even after being Chinese but failed miserably. :p
What can we say?
They worked very hard to achieve for what they are now.
And they want to show it to the world.
Only Chinese level headedness can forget their past and mock other poor countries.

Some Chinese are bitter people.

Forget not, Indians can heal any thing like they did during Bodhidharma time.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
What can we say?
They worked very hard to achieve for what they are now.
And they want to show it to the world.
Only Chinese level headedness can forget their past and mock other poor countries.

Some Chinese are bitter people.

Forget not, Indians can heal any thing like they did during Bodhidharma time.
I'm talking about definition, not demeaning them.

sorcerer

Country flag
And Indians like u need "God save your queen" to get high on.

Pathetic.

Stand up. Wipe off your tears for the queen due to rude Chinese.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk
No...We kicked them out...those Brits.
And we have kamasutra to get high on.

Your diplomats should learn to REALLY STAND UP to the standards of international diplomacy.
Pathetic...is your diplomats :D..Seriously pathetic.

sorcerer

Country flag
That dude is calling you third world guy.
Third world is a term chinese use to describe the situation in their chinese mainland where people eat rats and live like cattles with the cattles.

The internet talked about this when the Iphone Factory Issue came in .
pathetic them..they cant even raise voice being ruled by a party who works for workers :D :D

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Third world is a term chinese use to describe the situation in their chinese mainland where people eat rats and live like cattles with the cattles.

The internet talked about this when the Iphone Factory Issue came in .
pathetic them..they cant even raise voice being ruled by a party who works for workers :D :D
Shhhhh!
Don't mock them, bro.
@amoy will do hundred flower dance on our face with cold facts coupled with levelheadedness which is ingrained by their culture.

sorcerer

Country flag
Shhhhh!
Don't mock them, bro.
@amoy will do hundred flower dance on our face with cold facts coupled with levelheadedness which is ingrained by their culture.
:D
As long as they are commies they will never get their facts right and they lie.
And..
On the topic
we are not claiming our land to be the land of milk sugar and honey unlike them on their third world chinese mainland.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@amoy I am just curious,so pardon me for this question.

How many posts do you have to write before getting 50 cents from CCP?????

amoy

@amoy I am just curious,so pardon me for this question.

How many posts do you have to write before getting 50 cents from CCP?????
Hmmm Peter, Do u have to go to that low?

One thing I have to assure u I'm richer than many of u. But that's not what I am proud of. My posts carry more substance than yours, Peter.

Fyi 1 United States Dollar = 66.709 Indian Rupee

Any more questions? Obviousy u're at your wit's end so that u have to resort to 50cent slurs. Nah, Indian, :biggrin2: or u'll stick to Queen Eliz won't u, which is more classy, Peter :bplease:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Cents or Yuans? :lol:
Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.
5 mao Party. :pft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party#Terms

Also check an interesting interview below for some ideas on modus operandi

Commentators are hired by the Chinese government or the Communist Party of China to post comments favourable towards party policies and to shape public opinion on internet message boards and forums. The commentators are known as the 50-Cent Party, as they are said to be paid 50 cents for every post that steers a discussion away from anti-party content or that advances the Communist Party line.

Below is the transcript of Ai’s weiwei interview with an online commentator. As requested, an iPad was given as compensation for the interview. To protect the interviewee, relevant personal information has been concealed in this script.

Question: What’s your name, age, city of residence and online username?

Answer: I cannot make my name public. I’m 26. I have too many usernames. If I want to use one, I just register it. I won’t mention them here.

What do you call the work you do now?

It doesn’t matter what you call it: online commentator, public opinion guide, or even “the 50-Cent Party” that everyone’s heard of.

What is your level of education and work experience? How did you begin the work of guiding public opinion?

I graduated from university and studied media. I once worked for a TV channel, then in online media. I’ve always been in the news media industry, for four or five years now.Over a year ago, a friend asked me if I wanted to be an online commentator, to earn some extra money. I said I’d give it a try. Later, I discovered it was very easy.

When and from where will you receive directives for work?

Almost every morning at 9am I receive an email from my superiors – the internet publicity office of the local government – telling me about the news we’re to comment on for the day. Sometimes it specifies the website to comment on, but most of the time it’s not limited to certain websites: you just find relevant news and comment on it.

Can you describe your work in detail?

The process has three steps – receive task, search for topic, post comments to guide public opinion. Receiving a task mainly involves ensuring you open your email box every day. Usually after an event has happened, or even before the news has come out, we’ll receive an email telling us what the event is, then instructions on which direction to guide the netizens’ thoughts, to blur their focus, or to fan their enthusiasm for certain ideas. After we’ve found the relevant articles or news on a website, according to the overall direction given by our superiors we start to write articles, post or reply to comments. This requires a lot of skill. You can’t write in a very official manner, you must conceal your identity, write articles in many different styles, sometimes even have a dialogue with yourself, argue, debate. In sum, you want to create illusions to attract the attention and comments of netizens.

In a forum, there are three roles for you to play: the leader, the follower, the onlooker or unsuspecting member of the public. The leader is the relatively authoritative speaker, who usually appears after a controversy and speaks with powerful evidence. The public usually finds such users very convincing. There are two opposing groups of followers. The role they play is to continuously debate, argue, or even swear on the forum. This will attract attention from observers. At the end of the argument, the leader appears, brings out some powerful evidence, makes public opinion align with him and the objective is achieved. The third type is the onlookers, the netizens. They are our true target “clients”. We influence the third group mainly through role-playing between the other two kinds of identity. You could say we’re like directors, influencing the audience through our own writing, directing and acting. Sometimes I feel like I have a split personality.

Regarding the three roles that you play, is that a common tactic? Or are there other ways?

There are too many ways. It’s kind of psychological. Netizens nowadays are more thoughtful than before. We have many ways. You can make a bad thing sound even worse, make an elaborate account, and make people think it’s nonsense when they see it. In fact, it’s like two negatives make a positive. When it’s reached a certain degree of mediocrity, they’ll think it might not be all that bad.

What is the guiding principle of your work?

The principle is to understand the guiding thought of superiors, the direction of public opinion desired, then to start your own work.

Can you reveal the content of a “task” email?

For example, “Don’t spread rumours, don’t believe in rumours”, or “Influence public understanding of X event”, “Promote the correct direction of public opinion on XXXX”, “Explain and clarify XX event; avoid the appearance of untrue or illegal remarks”, “For the detrimental social effect created by the recent XX event, focus on guiding the thoughts of netizens in the correct direction of XXXX”.

What are the categories of information that you usually receive?

They are mainly local events. They cover over 60 to 70 per cent of local instructions – for example, people who are filing complaints or petitioning.

For countrywide events, such as the Jasmine Revolution [the pro-democracy protests that took place across the country in 2011], do you get involved?

For popular online events like the Jasmine Revolution, we have never received a related task. I also thought it was quite strange. Perhaps we aren’t senior enough.

Can you tell us the content of the commentary you usually write?

The netizens are used to seeing unskilled comments that simply say the government is great or so and so is a traitor. They know what is behind it at a glance. The principle I observe is: don’t directly praise the government or criticise negative news. Moreover, the tone of speech, identity and stance of speech must look as if it’s an unsuspecting member of public; only then can it resonate with netizens. To sum up, you want to guide netizens obliquely and let them change their focus without realising it.

Can you go off the topic?

Of course you can go off the topic. When transferring the attention of netizens and

blurring the public focus, going off the topic is very effective. For example, during the census, everyone will be talking about its truthfulness or necessity; then I’ll post jokes that appeared in the census. Or, in other instances, I would publish adverts to take up space on political news reports.

Can you tell us a specific, typical process of “guiding public opinion”?

For example, each time the oil price is about to go up, we’ll receive a notification to “stabilise the emotions of netizens and divert public attention”. The next day, when news of the rise comes out, netizens will definitely be condemning the state, CNPC and Sinopec. At this point, I register an ID and post a comment: “Rise, rise however you want, I don’t care. Best if it rises to 50 yuan per litre: it serves you right if you’re too poor to drive. Only those with money should be allowed to drive on the roads . . .”

This sounds like I’m inviting attacks but the aim is to anger netizens and divert the anger and attention on oil prices to me. I would then change my identity several times and start to condemn myself. This will attract more attention. After many people have seen it, they start to attack me directly. Slowly, the content of the whole page has also changed from oil price to what I’ve said. It is very effective.

What’s your area of work? Which websites do you comment on? Which netizens do you target?

There’s no limit on which websites I visit. I mainly deal with local websites, or work on Tencent. There are too many commentators on Sohu, Sina, etc. As far as I know, these websites have dedicated internal departments for commenting.

How do your superiors inspect and assess your work?

The superiors will arrange dedicated auditors who do random checks according to the links we provide. Auditors usually don’t assess, because they always make work requirements very clear. We just have to do as they say and there won’t be any mistakes.

How is your compensation decided?

It’s calculated on a monthly basis, according to quantity and quality. It’s basically calculated at 50 yuan per 100 comments. When there’s an unexpected event, the compensation might be higher. If you work together to guide public opinion on a hot topic and several dozen people are posting, the compensation for those days counts for more. Basically, the compensation is very low. I work part-time. On average, the monthly pay is about 500-600 yuan. There are people who work full-time on this. It’s possible they could earn thousands of yuan a month.

Do you like your work?

I wouldn’t say I like it or hate it. It’s just a bit more to do each day. A bit more pocket money each month, that’s all.

What’s the biggest difficulty in the work?

Perhaps it’s that you have to guess the psychology of netizens. You have to learn a lot of writing skills. You have to know how to imitate another person’s writing style. You need to understand how to gain the trust of the public and influence their thoughts.

Why can’t you reveal your identity? Why do you think it’s sensitive?

Do you want me to lose my job? Whatever form or name we use to post on any forums or blogs is absolutely confidential. We can’t reveal our identity, and I definitely wouldn’t reveal that I’m a professional online commentator.

If we do, what would be the purpose of our existence? Exposure would affect not just me, it would create an even greater negative effect on our “superiors”.

What do you mean by “superiors”?

Our superior leaders – above that should be the propaganda department.

Is your identity known to your family? Your friends?

No. I haven’t revealed it to my family or friends. If people knew I was doing this, it might have a negative effect on my reputation.

You say: “If I reveal inside information, without exaggeration this could lead to fatality.” Do you think that the consequence would be so serious?

With my identity, I’m involved in the media and also the internet. If I really reveal my identity or let something slip, it could have an incalculable effect on me.

If you say you want to quit, will there be resistance? Are there any strings attached?

Not at all. This industry is already very transparent. For me, it’s just a part-time job. It’s like any other job. It’s not as dark as you think.

How many hours do you go online each day and on which sites? Do you rest at the weekend?

I go online for six to eight hours nearly every day. I’m mainly active on our local BBS and some large mainstream internet media and microblogs. I don’t work over weekends, but I’ll sign in to my email account and see if there’s any important instruction.

In daily life, will you still be thinking about your online work?

Now and then. For example, when I see a piece of news, I’ll think about which direction the superiors will request it to be guided in and how I would go about it. It’s a bit of an occupational hazard.

Do you watch CCTV News and read the People’s Daily?

I usually follow all the news, particularly the local news. But I generally don’t watch CCTV News, because it’s too much about harmony.

Do you go on Twitter? Who do you follow?

Yes. I follow a few interesting people, including Ai Weiwei. But I don’t speak on Twitter, just read and learn.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/politics/2012/10/china’s-paid-trolls-meet-50-cent-party

Global Defence

New threads

Articles