Brace For Darker Days Ahead

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Maybe your definition of a "communal riot" is different than mine. The incidents I listed also fall under the gambit of the term and no, that list is not comprehensive, I've left out the 2008 Karnataka and 1997 Gujarat attacks against Christians plus the numerous small scale acts of violence that do not appear in the headlines.

It is extremely simplistic and absurd to say that economic progress = decrease in communal rioting. Riots have occurred in China, US, Australia, UK, France, some of the most developed and economically advanced countries in the world. Riots occur due to underlying social tension between different groups, and until this tension is removed by proactive efforts of a socially conscious government, no amount of economic progress can fix it. Part of these efforts is affirmative action (which unfortunately, the Congress has taken to extreme lengths in the Indian case), and the other part is the promotion of equality, liberalism, egalitarianism, and suppression of all groups which oppose these values.

As for your assertion of there being "no indication that riots decrease when party X or Y is in power", look at the statistics honestly and tell me whether you don't think that both the scale of the violence as well as the number of headline incidents haven't jumped since the "Hindutva" movement surfaced in the early 1990's.

In fact, I challenge you to provide a comparable list to the one I have provided for the preceding two decades, i.e. 1970's and 1980's. Let us see if you can find any evidence of large scale persecution of minorities (or even of the majority) in that period. I can think of one such incident, the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, that's all.
Why is there a THATS ALL against anti-sikh riot? Sikhs serve the Indian army at the battle front. Why are you demeaning their lives by saying that's all?
Whole of the hollier than THOU Gandhi dynasty was sitting tight along with die hard secular CONGRESS netas right in india's capital DELHI when thousands of Sikhs were butchered at the capital. How many protesters the Delhi police shot dead compared to 150 arsonists by Gujarath police under the communal terror named MODI?

Do you know what the hollier than thou RAJIV said when asked about anti -sikh riots? He said candidly ,"EARTH SHAKES, WHEN A BIG TREE FALLS."

if it is not for the sagacity of P.V. Narashima Rao(who incidentally is the architect of the all economic reforms braving political minefields, while Manmohan singh was his light weight instrument) whole of Punjab would have been landed in the lap of ISI.

Compared to that who is SHORABBUDIN? Why should cops who killed this slime of earth who was jointly hunted by three states' police force lodged in Jail?

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Bhagalpur was orchestrated by the leaders of the Hindutva movement during their Ram Janmabhoomi agitation!

1989 Bhagalpur violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is exactly my point! The rise of the Hindutva movement/Hindu extremism co-incides with the rise of minority persecution in India! Thanks for making my case for me! :)
What was the congress government of the time doing during the riot is the question.If that government there is secular ,how come MODI alone is communal.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
That is a false comparison and one that is pushed by right-wingers to whitewash their crimes. The question is not which party comprised the state government when the riots occurred-that is quite irrelevant, the question is, who is responsible for the riots. Who instigated the riot, who led the charge and who benefited from the results.

If BJP/VHP/BD/RSS terrorists start a riot in a state governed by the Congress, it would be foolish to blame the state government in a knee jerk fashion. Similarly, if Congress workers rioted under a BJP government, it would be idiotic to blame the BJP. The BJP has nothing to gain and everything to lose if they allowed Congress workers to riot, in and same goes for a Cong govt. The only time a government can be blamed for a riot would be if the riot was carried out by its own party workers, as in 2002/BJP or 1984/Congress.
Now coming back to all the examples I provided as well as some of the examples you provided, the instigators and perpetrators were Hindutva fanatics, regardless of which party formed the state government. In the past two decades, these extremists have been able to inflict ever greater violence and bloodshed because of their growing numbers as well as state patronage in some cases such as 2002.

This is all glaringly obvious to anyone who reads the daily news. Only those with an ideological agenda will tend to ignore the facts.
Who burnt the railway compartment at Godhra? BJP/Bajarng DAL?
Do you accept the LALU's factsheet that karsevaks locked themselves up in the compartment while it was burning from a fire from cooking stove?
More than 2000 strong muslim mob was standing around the compartment in Godhra. Where the y helping the passengers?try to be objective.

Who killed the Sikhs in DELHI? ---BJP/ BAJRANG DAL ?
Do you accept the Rajiv gandhi argument that "THE GROUND SHAKES A WHEN A BIG TREE FALLS"

No one wants to justify riots here. They are shit on the face of rule of law. But you should always be objective in trying to form a pattern about who is responsible for what.

The only refuge the UPA finds to hide against MODI is this riot 10 year back. Modi ruled gujarath with no riots after that has become such an inconvenient fact for them.

UPA is a free for all corruption government whose main aim is to debase the office of prime minister by setting up shadowy power centers and looting and parceling money into secret foreign bank accounts, throwing crumbs at the poor ,which will finish off the Indian economy once for all.

Every defence deal under these corrupt guys will hang fire and defence modernization will stall. No senoir officer of the central govt will sign a file without a fear of landing in the jail and become the butt of national ridicule,so that all crucial decisions deciding the fate of economy will stay stalled.This government is against the rule of law. When BJP asked KALAM to stand for president , why did Sonia refuse? Love of Muslim perhaps.

Look at his replacement Prathiba Patil. Are you proud of her?her prime qualification for the job was cooking for Indira Gandhi when she comes to Maharastra and cleaning her room . Her husband was questioned in Rastapathi Bhawan in a murder case and her relatives were accused in co-op bank default case.

Putting her there is Sonia's brazen effort at demeaning another pillar of our democracy. Same with Vigilance commisioner appointment. If not for supreme court nation would have robbed billions and billions in 2G case and Coal mines allotment case.

When economic ruin comes back riots will start once again, whether BJP or Congress or there in power.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles