Beef exports and trafficking of Cattle

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The sale and export of beef should be outlawed.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Love for cows should be extended to the buffalos also. They are being discriminated because of their skin colour despite being more productive than the cows. It is racism.

mayfair

Love for cows should be extended to the buffalos also. They are being discriminated because of their skin colour despite being more productive than the cows. It is racism.
Sigh..weep for humanity..

Those look like buffaloes to you?

Oracle

/\/\/\ They look like food to me. Cows are smuggled by the 1000s daily into Bangladesh, thus depriving India of millions of dollars in revenue. Making beef exports legal and earning billions is the way to go.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indian cattle is not bred and reared for the table.

They are the animals which are put to pasture after their useful life.

It has no appeal to the palate of the real beef eaters.

It is consumed by the poor and downtrodden in India, looking for cheap proteins.

Dalit students have been demanding that beef should also be served on the non-vegetarian menu that includes chicken, mutton and eggs but so far the University has listened to only upper-castes, ignoring the demands of a majority student community at the campus. 'Beef is a basic Dalit food," Kancha Ilaiah, a Dalit ideologue who teaches at the university said, as was quoted by Dalit News.
Kancha Ilaiah, who is a top Schedule Caste leader has clearly indicated that Beef is the staple of Scheduled Caste people.

I am surprised that in a country that goes to town about creulty to animals should turn a blind eye to the cruelty to the Scheduled Caste people, and I believe to some lower caste and Muslims, to deny them of their basic staple, even if they like half dead cows to devour!

Last edited:

Oracle

/\/\/\ That is true. Cows bred for meat are very healthy. I've seen it myself.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
:)

No, cows milk can be consumed by infants.

Buffaloes milk is not digestible as far as infants are concerned.

Cows milk is the closest to Mother's milk is what is said!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
/\/\/\ That is true. Cows bred for meat are very healthy. I've seen it myself.
Are you aware how beef for the table is bred?

Do let us know how it is done in India and where?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Just to let the beef eating public know some facts of the beef industry

The so-called 'pink slime' has been prominently highlighted in the media for a couple of months now as outraged consumers react to the news they have been eating the lean finely textured beef (LFTB) for years, unaware of what's exactly in their ground beef.

Read more: Op-Ed: Why the beef industry should've been up front about 'pink slime'

mayfair

Kancha Ilaiah, who is a top Schedule Caste leader has clearly indicated that Beef is the staple of Scheduled Caste people
The "learned" professor is being tad economical with the truth. He makes it out as if Beef is "THE" staple of Dalit food. It may be "one of the staples", but most certaonly not "THE" staple. Pork is one of the chief staples of many belonging to the scheduled castes in many parts of the country. In large tracts of Northern India, these groups rear pigs for their meat both for consumption and commerce. Most of the dalit-owned meat outlets in theese cities sell Pork not beef- not even buffalo meat.

That said, people should be free to choose what they wish to eat.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
/\/\/\ They look like food to me. Cows are smuggled by the 1000s daily into Bangladesh, thus depriving India of millions of dollars in revenue. Making beef exports legal and earning billions is the way to go.
Materialism to hurt someone's sentiments is wrong. There is something called values and respect as well. You need to understand that.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The "learned" professor is being tad economical with the truth. He makes it out as if Beef is "THE" staple of Dalit food. It may be "one of the staples", but most certaonly not "THE" staple. Pork is one of the chief staples of many belonging to the scheduled castes in many parts of the country. In large tracts of Northern India, these groups rear pigs for their meat both for consumption and commerce. Most of the dalit-owned meat outlets in theese cities sell Pork not beef- not even buffalo meat.

That said, people should be free to choose what they wish to eat.
The freedom should then extend to people actions and what they want to read as well then. Perhaps then there will be true freedom. But that won't happen. Let's not create inter-community tensions just because of someone wanting something.

Freedom is not to be taken for granted.

Oracle

Materialism to hurt someone's sentiments is wrong. There is something called values and respect as well. You need to understand that.
Subjugating other communities, or supporting bad economic decisions based upon primitive thinking is not my panacea. You too need to understand that.

mayfair

The freedom should then extend to people actions and what they want to read as well then. Perhaps then there will be true freedom. But that won't happen. Let's not create inter-community tensions just because of someone wanting something.

Freedom is not to be taken for granted.
Of course, it is not for nothing that it is said that with freedom and power, come responsibility.

Unsurprisingly, many who are keen to offend others sensibilities on the pretext of free speech are exceptionally thin-skinned when the shoe's on the other foot.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles