BBC panorama - Muslim first British second

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
There is no doubt extremist pakistani and bangladeshi muslims in the UK are a massive problem.

Let's look at the Muslim prison population in various European countries, to see which country fares the worst.

France - General Muslim population is approx 10%. Approx 70% of the prison population are Muslims.

Belgium - Approx 45% of the total prison population are Muslims, breaking this figure down a bit, Muslims from Morocco and Turkey make up at least 16% of the prison population, compared with 2% of the general populace

Netherlands - Muslims are approx 5.5% of the country's population. 20 percent of adult prisoners and 26 percent of all juvenile offenders are Muslim.

UK - Muslims are approx 4.5% of the country's population. 13% of the prison population are Muslims.

Italy - Approx 2% of the country's population are Muslims. 35% of Italian prison inmates are Muslims.

Spain - Well over 50% of the prison population are Muslims.

Denmark - 20% of the prison population are Muslims.

Norway - Over 30% of the prison population are Muslims.
Please provide the source???

BangersAndMash

Please provide the source???
These stats were sent to me in an email years ago, I've only changed the UK's, cos new stats were recently revealed in the media.

Quick google search comes up with a couple of links.

Number of Muslims in prison doubles in decade to 12,000 - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

In France, Prisons Filled With Muslims

Italy: 13,000 prison inmates from Muslim countries - General news - ANSAMed.it

It may be difficult to post sources from mainstream media, probably because they don't want to cause alarm and come across as anti-muslim/islam.

Blackwater

There is no doubt extremist pakistani and bangladeshi muslims in the UK are a massive problem.

Let's look at the Muslim prison population in various European countries, to see which country fares the worst.

France - General Muslim population is approx 10%. Approx 70% of the prison population are Muslims.

Belgium - Approx 45% of the total prison population are Muslims, breaking this figure down a bit, Muslims from Morocco and Turkey make up at least 16% of the prison population, compared with 2% of the general populace

Netherlands - Muslims are approx 5.5% of the country's population. 20 percent of adult prisoners and 26 percent of all juvenile offenders are Muslim.

UK - Muslims are approx 4.5% of the country's population. 13% of the prison population are Muslims.

Italy - Approx 2% of the country's population are Muslims. 35% of Italian prison inmates are Muslims.

Spain - Well over 50% of the prison population are Muslims.

Denmark - 20% of the prison population are Muslims.

Norway - Over 30% of the prison population are Muslims.
No offence but if they (Muslim)produce 4 to 5 kids average, these things will happen

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let me ask you a question : Have you heard of the phrase 'For God and Country'? or Does is go 'For Country and God'?

Every Abrahamic relegion puts God above country. For Muslims it is Islam first Country next, for Christians its Church first Country next. It is because of this inherent trait that the concept of separation of Church and state became worth discussing.

So Dont blame Muslims. It is the same for Chritians and Muslims and Jews. Was it no Tony Blair who said Britain is a Christian country?

P.s. I am aware of Socrates, but the real relevance of this started only after the spread of Christianity.
God and country slogan has evolved beyond;

it was not Blair but Cameron. Good reasons too. Too much of demand on UK, which otherwise has a very liberal view towards religion, by Islamists to allow them their way. A backlash actually.

Why do you conveniently forget what Prince Charles advocated?

Prince Charles advocated that Défenseur de la Foi (Defender of the Faith), a subsidiary title of the English and later British monarchs since it was granted on October 11, 1521, by Pope Leo X to King Henry VIII of England and later enacted by the English Parliament, be dropped, even though the Monarch is the Head of the Anglican Church. Google this, if you will.

Therefore, God is no longer taken above all else.

If God was paramount in Christian countries, then secular laws would not be feasible or separation of the Church and State.

In Islamic country, not only is Sharia paramount, but it applies to even non Muslims!

So Islam first and then everything else.

Last edited:

Glint

Country flag
Most insurgencies, wars, terrorism, etc are caused by Muslims. Not the normal ones but the Muslims from Asia and North east Africa.

"Don't try to prevent it every time, Kill the snake once and for all"

trackwhack

God and country slogan has evolved beyond;

it was not Blair but Cameron. Good reasons too. Too much of demand on UK, which otherwise has a very liberal view towards religion, by Islamists to allow them their way. A backlash actually.

Why do you conveniently forget what Prince Charles advocated?

Prince Charles advocated that Défenseur de la Foi (Defender of the Faith), a subsidiary title of the English and later British monarchs since it was granted on October 11, 1521, by Pope Leo X to King Henry VIII of England and later enacted by the English Parliament, be dropped, even though the Monarch is the Head of the Anglican Church. Google this, if you will.

Therefore, God is no longer taken above all else.

If God was paramount in Christian countries, then secular laws would not be feasible or separation of the Church and State.

In Islamic country, not only is Sharia paramount, but it applies to even non Muslims!

So Islam first and then everything else.

You logic is convinient at best. Just because Islam is currently the most rabid of the abrahamic sects, it stands out. Every Western country is a Christian country. When there is a threat to Christianity, there are repurcursions, be it the war on terror or the war on internal terrorists. Please note, I am not defending Islamic extremism, only pointing out that Religion Above country is applicable to all abrahamic sects.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You logic is convinient at best. Just because Islam is currently the most rabid of the abrahamic sects, it stands out. Every Western country is a Christian country. When there is a threat to Christianity, there are repurcursions, be it the war on terror or the war on internal terrorists. Please note, I am not defending Islamic extremism, only pointing out that Religion Above country is applicable to all abrahamic sects.

I would like to state that that geopolitics and geostrategy is the raison détre for foreign policy.

The War on Terror was not spurred by any threat to Christianity. It was sheer self interest of the US.

One has to peruse the 1992 draft Defence Planning Guidance (DPG) to realise what the strategic goals were and why the Middle East and Iraq was important to the same.

Internal terrorists are not any threat to any religion. It is a threat to life and limb and to general law and order. Even in India the country is wary of terrorists and it is not because of any religious reasons.

I might add that in the West, the Church is very concerned about the slow decline in numbers of their flock since it appears that God is not the prime concern of quite a few.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Most insurgencies, wars, terrorism, etc are caused by Muslims. Not the normal ones but the Muslims from Asia and North east Africa.
You mean the converted lot?
I had read somewhere that in abrahmic religions the (comparatively recently) converted ones have more zeal. :hmm:

Every Abrahamic relegion puts God above country. For Muslims it is Islam first Country next, for Christians its Church first Country next. It is because of this inherent trait that the concept of separation of Church and state became worth discussing.
I believe the Americans struck the right chords while drafting their Constitution.
Don't know what will happen in the coming decades though.

Regards,
Virendra

Glint

Country flag
I had read somewhere that in abrahmic religions the (comparatively recently) converted ones have more zeal. :hmm:
I actually find most of them aggressive, mean and intolerant in nature.
I pointed out some countries and ignored the rest cause i didn't wanted to sound like an as$hole

But i couldn't just accuse a whole religion of being that. I know there are good Muslims too but the ones who do stupid stuff like this really bring there religion's reputation down.

In my honest opinion, I've found Indian Muslims to be more friendly, tolerant and Intellectual then others. Maybe cause they've been taught to live together with others in peace.

Blackwater

I actually find most of them aggressive, mean and intolerant in nature.
I pointed out some countries and ignored the rest cause i didn't wanted to sound like an as$hole

But i couldn't just accuse a whole religion of being that. I know there are good Muslims too but the ones who do stupid stuff like this really bring there religion's reputation down.

In my honest opinion, I've found Indian Muslims to be more friendly, tolerant and Intellectual then others. Maybe cause they've been taught to live together with others in peace.
i agree with u

trackwhack

I believe the Americans struck the right chords while drafting their Constitution.
Don't know what will happen in the coming decades though.

Regards,
Virendra
True, but back then there was no religion except Christianity and hence no threat. By default, the US was a Christian country. Remember, the founding fathers were descedents of the Pilgrim Fathers.

@Ray, you are sidestepping the main point I am making, i.e. Religion above country is a trait of all Abrahamic sects and hence all Abrahamic sect majority countries.

In May 2011, the phrase "For God and country" was used as a confirmation signal by U.S. Navy SEALs during the Death of Osama bin Laden in Abottabad, Pakistan. On his radio, the U.S. Navy SEAL responsible for killing bin Laden reported over a radio, "For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo." After a pause, he added, "Geronimo EKIA" (enemy killed in action). Go Figure. Or just dismiss it as a military code.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo."
Same as Indian Army war cries invoking God and it need not be that the person is from that religion.

Just a form that is accepted.

As far as Geronimo goes, it is exclamation or cheer, with suicidal tendencies; like: banzai. US Paratroopers usually cry this before jumping from great heights.

It is the name of a Chiricahua Apache leader who resisted the U.S. government policy to consolidate his people on reservations by leading a series of raids against Mexican and American settlements in the Southwest

@Ray, you are sidestepping the main point I am making, i.e. Religion above country is a trait of all Abrahamic sects and hence all Abrahamic sect majority countries.
Used to be.

Now merely a form of usage.

People still say Bloody. It actually mean swearing by invoking the Virgin Mary = By My Lady (Virgin Mary). Or Oh Lawk (meaning by the Lord i.e. Jesus). Corruptions since one cannot take the name of the Lord in Vain.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles