Bangladesh Armed Forces-Pictures & Videos

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well, pretty optimistic. I don't hate India. I just hate the act of your govt. Like, you guys claiming a part of our water, and BSF killing our civilians almost every week. Kinda makes us feel bad. There are some issues that need to solved. You know that.
Do you seriously think that Bangladeshi government would keep quiet if it was "every week"? The BSF is stationed there to shoot any illegal immigrants entering our country which is already packed with a lot of Bangladeshis who easily move into West Bengal due to common language and appearance and blend in the crowd. It is not a cut throat bandit organization to simply kill people for the heck of it. Anyone attempting to breach into our border illegally is given protocols: 2 verbal warnings, 3 visual warnings and then firing.

As I said, Bangladesh is your country and your government's responsibility is to provide for your public--not ours. If that is not happening, do something about it in elections. BSF is doing what it is trained and told to do--shoot anyone attempting to infiltrate illegally.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Would they buy Mig-21 if we restart the production line?
Why MiG-21? That's not even ours. I think Tejas would be a good option but it is unlikely that anything Indian would be bought under pressure from Opposition. Besides, Tejas @ $ 21-24 million apiece is expensive for BAF to buy as compared to the Chinese FC-1 which can go as low as $ 12-15 million if purchased en masse. Besides, Bangladesh already buys weapons from China due to its good manufacturing skills and cost effectiveness. Indian weapons may not be on cards.

Maybe Dhruv unarmed version for light transport and surveillance; but certainly not offensive weapons.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
We need to hurry up and complete the border fence. The illegal immigrants from Bananadesh are a serious strain on India's economy and security, and they stretch our already scarce resouces even thinner.

As for the BSF firing on immigrants, they are only doing their job. What are the Bangladeshis doing trying to enter India in the first place?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Do you seriously think that Bangladeshi government would keep quiet if it was "every week"? The BSF is stationed there to shoot any illegal immigrants entering our country which is already packed with a lot of Bangladeshis who easily move into West Bengal due to common language and appearance and blend in the crowd. It is not a cut throat bandit organization to simply kill people for the heck of it. Anyone attempting to breach into our border illegally is given protocols: 2 verbal warnings, 3 visual warnings and then firing.

As I said, Bangladesh is your country and your government's responsibility is to provide for your public--not ours. If that is not happening, do something about it in elections. BSF is doing what it is trained and told to do--shoot anyone attempting to infiltrate illegally.
Just a small correction.

The language is common in many ways, but the accent and sometimes sentence construction is different.

Bengali dialect is typically divided into eight major dialect groups: Western, Southwestern, Central (or West-Central), Northern, Bahe, Eastern, Ganda, and Vanga. Often Chittagonian is added to this list as well.

During standardization of Bengali in the late 19th and early 20th century, the cultural elite was mostly from West Bengal, especially Kolkata (formerly Calcutta). To this day, the accepted standard language in both West Bengal and Bangladesh is based on the West-Central dialect of the 19th century Kolkata elite.

This has helped create a state of diglossia (The use of two markedly different varieties of a language in different social situations, such as a formal variety at work and an informal variety at home) in most of Bangladesh, with many speakers familiar with or fluent in both the regional dialect of their community and the standard West-Central dialect used in the media.

There are marked dialectal differences in terms of phonological variations between the speech of Bengalis living on the Poshchim (western) side and Purbo (eastern) side of the Padma River.

The third major factor in dialectical difference, specifically between the dialects of West Bengal and Bangladesh, is a lexical one. Even in Standard Bengali, vocabulary items often divide along the split between the predominantly Muslim Bangladeshi populace and largely Hindu West Bengali populace. Due to their cultural and religious traditions, Muslims occasionally utilize Perso-Arabic words instead of the Sanskrit-derived forms.

Some examples of lexical alternation between standard West Bengali forms (or commonly called Hindu forms) and their corresponding standard Bangladeshi forms (or commonly called Muslim forms) are as follows:

1. hello: namoshkar corresponds to assalamualaikum/slamalikum
2. invitation: nimontron/nimontonno corresponds to daoat
3. water: jal corresponds to pani
4. meat: mangsho corresponds to gosh/goshto/gosto
5. prayer: prarthona corresponds to doa
6. God: Bhagoban, Ishshor corresponds to Allah, Khoda
7. salt: nun corresponds to lobon
8. turmeric: holdi corresponds to holud
9. chili pepper: longka corresponds to morich.
10. uncle: kaka corresponds to chacha.
11. maternal aunt: mashi corresponds to khala.
12. cloud: megh corresponds to badal.

The Bengali dialects are so different that I could not understand when my father's family spoke in the dialect of their region!

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Just a small correction.

The language is common in many ways, but the accent and sometimes sentence construction is different.

Bengali dialect is typically divided into eight major dialect groups: Western, Southwestern, Central (or West-Central), Northern, Bahe, Eastern, Ganda, and Vanga. Often Chittagonian is added to this list as well.

During standardization of Bengali in the late 19th and early 20th century, the cultural elite was mostly from West Bengal, especially Kolkata (formerly Calcutta). To this day, the accepted standard language in both West Bengal and Bangladesh is based on the West-Central dialect of the 19th century Kolkata elite.

This has helped create a state of diglossia (The use of two markedly different varieties of a language in different social situations, such as a formal variety at work and an informal variety at home) in most of Bangladesh, with many speakers familiar with or fluent in both the regional dialect of their community and the standard West-Central dialect used in the media.

There are marked dialectal differences in terms of phonological variations between the speech of Bengalis living on the Poshchim (western) side and Purbo (eastern) side of the Padma River.

The third major factor in dialectical difference, specifically between the dialects of West Bengal and Bangladesh, is a lexical one. Even in Standard Bengali, vocabulary items often divide along the split between the predominantly Muslim Bangladeshi populace and largely Hindu West Bengali populace. Due to their cultural and religious traditions, Muslims occasionally utilize Perso-Arabic words instead of the Sanskrit-derived forms.

Some examples of lexical alternation between standard West Bengali forms (or commonly called Hindu forms) and their corresponding standard Bangladeshi forms (or commonly called Muslim forms) are as follows:

1. hello: namoshkar corresponds to assalamualaikum/slamalikum
2. invitation: nimontron/nimontonno corresponds to daoat
3. water: jal corresponds to pani
4. meat: mangsho corresponds to gosh/goshto/gosto
5. prayer: prarthona corresponds to doa
6. God: Bhagoban, Ishshor corresponds to Allah, Khoda
7. salt: nun corresponds to lobon
8. turmeric: holdi corresponds to holud
9. chili pepper: longka corresponds to morich.
10. uncle: kaka corresponds to chacha.
11. maternal aunt: mashi corresponds to khala.
12. cloud: megh corresponds to badal.

The Bengali dialects are so different that I could not understand when my father's family spoke in the dialect of their region!
I mean dialect in general sense since I am not familiar with fine details of Bengali language. Apart from the Arab-wannabe choice of words, I am referring to general language. For example, during one of my recent trips to Delhi, I was able to spot a vegetable seller who was Bangladeshi quite well. Despite the fact that he claimed he was from Kolkata, something about him didn't make him feel "Indian".

However in a crowded country like ours, how many people like me especially from relevant authorities take notice? I doubt anyone else.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles