#BackOffIndia trending on Twitter after India's statement on Nepal's constitution

Arun Krishnan

I think this Farcry guy is a aman ka asha placard"we can't act like big brother to Nepal"LOL.I have been reading and researching politics on Internet,the people who says"Big Brother"mostly are Paki sympathisers it kinda indoctrinated into their DNA.Regarding Nepal,India should act explicitly and/or covertly in the interests of our allies in Nepal who are being indiscriminated by the constitution,its not big brothering in any way,its just what friends do.Another Tibet can't happen

DingDong

Country flag
Finally India has put her foot down, this is called behaving like a Regional Power :

Make seven changes to your Constitution, address Madhesi concerns: India to Nepal

These “amendments” have been conveyed to Nepal’s leadership by the Indian government through official channels Ranjit Rae, India’s ambassador to Nepal.

Former Indian ambassador to Nepal Jayant Prasad told The Indian Express Tuesday: “The situation seems quite difficult in Nepal. The triumvirate of the political parties should realise the enormity of the mistake committed by them. They, simply, will have to address the concerns of Madhesis and Janjatis.”

The proposed amendments are:

* Article 63 (3) of the Interim Constitution provided electoral constituencies based on population, geography and special characteristics, “and in the case of Madhes on the basis of percentage of population”. Under this provision, Madhes, with more than 50 per cent of the population, got 50 per cent of seats in Parliament. The latter phrase has been omitted in Article 84 of the new Constitution. “It needs to be re-inserted so that Madhes continues to have electoral constituencies in proportion to its population,” a government source told The Indian Express.

* In Article 21 of the Interim Constitution, it was mentioned that various groups would have “the right to participate in state structures on the basis of principles of proportional inclusion”. In the new Constitution (Article 42), the word “proportional” has been dropped — Delhi wants it re-inserted.

* Article 283 of the Constitution states that only citizens by descent will be entitled to hold the posts of President, Vice-President, Prime Minister, Chief Justice, Speaker of Parliament, Chairperson of National Assembly, Head of Province, Chief Minister, Speaker of Provincial Assembly and Chief of Security Bodies. This clause is seen as discriminatory for the large number of Madhesis who have acquired citizenship by birth or naturalisation. Delhi says this should be amended to include citizenship by birth or naturalisation.

* Article 86 of the new Constitution states that National Assembly will comprise 8 members from each of 7 States and 3 nominated members. Madhesi parties want representation in National Assembly to be based on population of the Provinces. This, Delhi says, should be done to address concerns.

* Five disputed districts of Kanchanpur, Kailali, Sunsari, Jhapa and Morang: Based on the majority of the population, these districts or parts of them may be included in the neighbouring Madhes Provinces.

* Article 154 of the Interim Constitution provided for delineation of electoral constituencies every 10 years. This has been increased to 20 years in Article 281 of the new Constitution. Echoing the Madhesi parties, India wants this restored to 10 years.

* Article 11(6) states that a foreign woman married to a Nepali citizen may acquire naturalised citizenship of Nepal as provided for in a federal law. Madhesi parties want acquisition of naturalised citizenship to be automatic on application. This also finds favour with Delhi.

FRYCRY

Country flag
I think this Farcry guy is a aman ka asha placard"we can't act like big brother to Nepal"LOL.I have been reading and researching politics on Internet,the people who says"Big Brother"mostly are Paki sympathisers it kinda indoctrinated into their DNA.Regarding Nepal,India should act explicitly and/or covertly in the interests of our allies in Nepal who are being indiscriminated by the constitution,its not big brothering in any way,its just what friends do.Another Tibet can't happen
If there are 2 people unhappy then on a positive side 20 people are also happy with the decision

DingDong

Country flag
If there are 2 people unhappy then on a positive side 20 people are also happy with the decision
Hey Jamal why don't you display your true allegiance. For starters please post pic of your suicide jacket. Or are you an illegal immigrant enjoying our hospitality?

BTW, your stats do not make any sense, only thing that matters is India's national interest and if that interest is served by siding with the 2 against 20 then so be it.

Arun Krishnan

I don't know what 2/20 number he is getting at and foreign policy analysis based on twitter trends,we are talking about large section of people that are getting discriminated and who would always stand up for India.I am happy we have grown out Nehru's foreign policy legacy fails this guy is preaching us into

I_PLAY_BAD

India shouldn't have given statements like this and have acted behind the scenes.
We must have given the Marxist s(cum)s a hard slap to the face and kept them where they belong.
India is suffering because of a secular constitution. We should have made it clear to Nepal and pursued them to Hindu state. They would have listened.
Giving a statement like this invoked media and leftists who are making a big propaganda of this as if India is poking its nose in Nepal's day-to-day affairs as is Pakistan doing with Afghanistan.

Arun Krishnan

Lets be clear its the leftist media of India that went street like bragging about Nepal aid maybe on purpose,my relative who lives in Nepal says the Nepalese do appreciate our effort and they respect Modi

Immanuel

Country flag
All this cock & bull aside, best for India to work through back channels, a handshake here, a gesture of support there, a peaceful nudge here. Also, go ahead and approve formation of Gorkhaland, allow Nepali Hindus, Gurkhas to peacefully relocate here just like Israel starts to allow Jews around the world to have the possibility to relocate to Israel, sort of a Hindu birth right. We and Nepal go way back and best to keep them close without being seen as being too intrusive.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I see nothing wrong with the MEA statements and I commend the directives to Nepal establishment via their ambassador here. Retards on twitter or AdarshLiberals are of no consequence.

Nepal is too little and too dependent on India to really go against us. The real problem in China and like in SL, they'll keep trying to undermine Indian interests. Just as we have another front for the Pakis - not implying we created that; however, we need open up a front in Tibet on top of whatever we do in SCS.

DFI_COAS

@Yusuf @pmaitra Say something guys! Time's running out! Be active on social media or give it to someone who can counter these propaganda with hard hitting facts!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I'm all for naming and shaming BBC and brit-fucks but we could at least ensure that we have facts on our side. The anger in Nepal is very real.
Only a certain section of Nepal which is inherently anti India is angry at us., which we should not give a damn about anyway. We should protect the pro India nepalese there. India cant afford to lose Nepal

The enlightened

Only a certain section of Nepal which is inherently anti India is angry at us., which we should not give a damn about anyway. We should protect the pro India nepalese there. India cant afford to lose Nepal
There grievances are real and factual. Just today there was a thread on PDF by what was a very pro-India Nepali. You should check that.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
So it starts......commies are reacting to the influence of India over Nepal.....however, things are moving fast in Nepal......At present, 50-60% of Nepal i.e Madhesis, Tharus and other clans do not give a hoot to this constitution. Commies are getting weaker day by day asChina is occupied with its own mess......hence, India reigns supreme and commies / leftists who are being abhorred in Nepal, fear a total rout!! :D

Sylex21

I think there might be a little something to this. Nepal has a history of anti-India sentiment and the people from Nepal I have spoken to seem to be concerned about India exerting influence on them and their independence. There might be some historical reasons most Indians are not adequately aware of, or this might be a cultural thing with the Nepali people being overly sensitive to such issues.

Either way, India has at times felt that countries like America haven't shown enough respect or have tried to meddle in India's affairs and gotten pretty upset. Might be a good idea to manage the perception and media here better and make sure Nepal understands that we respect their autonomy and do not plan to overly meddle in their affairs.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
There grievances are real and factual. Just today there was a thread on PDF by what was a very pro-India Nepali. You should check that.
Isn't that what I said too? That we must protect the interest of the pro India nepalis? If India can't protect its supporters, then India does not deserve any respect any where, forget UNSC

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Either way, India has at times felt that countries like America haven't shown enough respect or have tried to meddle in India's affairs and gotten pretty upset. Might be a good idea to manage the perception and media here better and make sure Nepal understands that we respect their autonomy and do not plan to overly meddle in their affairs.
This is a very simplistic take on this whole issue which is much more complicated.

Long story short, if i understand this issue correctly, Pro India nepalis are angry that India is not doing enough to protect them and their interests and anti India Nepalis are angry that we are meddling too much.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
yar more than half of nepalis have relatives in India. It is a political drama , no one gives a damn. Just a matter of days and we will convince them.

rohit.gr77

IMO another Crimea needs to be done in Nepal. :cruisin2:
Not the whole of it, but in Terai region.

DingDong

Country flag
Winning hearts and minds is not the goal, protecting Indian Interests is the goal. If Plan A (Carrot) doesn't work then we must switch to Plan B (Stick). Social and Electronic Media do not dictate India's foreign policy, only our national interest does.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles