Avtar Kishen Hangal (A.K) Hengal Died

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
No, but bikram singh,JJ singh and me are

BTW hangal was punjabi
I would like you to prove your allegation with links. And show me where he critiqued you and them for being Sikhs. Otherwise get ready to spend some time away.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, but bikram singh,JJ singh and me are

BTW hangal was punjabi
Born into a Kashmiri Pandit family,

Shows the communal mentality!

From Sikh to Punjabi!

Wonder how far the net will go to prove the impossible!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
:facepalm:

Hangal was drawn to Indian People's Theatre Association (IPTA) in India. He started working with Balraj Sahni and Kaifi Azmi in IPTA.

In his late 40s, Hangal was offered the part of Raj Kapoor's brother in 1966 film "Teesri Kasam" by director Basu Bhattacharya but his scenes were removed from the film.

There was no looking back for him after that. He starred in over 200 films. His mostly played roles of father, uncle, grandfather or that of a meek and harassed old man, an image he could never get rid off.

The veteran actor suffered a political backlash in 1993 when he applied for visa to visit his birthplace in Pakistan. He was invited and attended the Pakistan day celebrations by the consulate in Mumbai thereby incurring the wrath of the Shiv Sena.

Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray took offence and called him a traitor. A call to boycott his films was made, his effigies were burnt and his scenes were deleted from films.

He bounced back after two years with character roles in Amitabh Bachchan's home production "Tere Mere Sapne" and Aamir Khan's "Lagaan". He last shot for Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Paheli" in 2005.

He was awarded Padma Bhushan for his contribution to Hindi cinema in 2006.

The actor was in news last year for living a life in penury. His son Vijay, a retired still cameraman in Bollywood, appealed for help after failing to meet Hangal's medical expenses. Several Bollywood celebrities like the Bachchans, producer-director Vipul Shah, and actors Mithun Chakraborty, Aamir Khan and Salman Khan came forward to help him.

He returned to face the studio lights again recently after a gap of seven years for TV show 'Madhubala'.

Having reached the sets on wheelchair, Hangal was not sure if he would be able to handle it physically. But he came in his elements once the cameras started rolling.

He has a 74-year-old son Vijay with late wife Manorama.

AK Hangal: Bal Thackeray once called him a traitor - The Times of India

Tronic

Brigadier, why generalize?

Amritdhari?

I have seen enough of these foreign domiciled Sardars.

They are not Khalsas!

Mostly are all Gas and no go!
You're wrong in your generalization.

People may claim to be Sikhs, but to be a Khalsa is the challenge that in the modern world is very, very difficult!
And according to you, impractical.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
RAY is known for his ANTI -SIKH VIEWS:lol::lol::lol:
Following is the post I posted on August 25-2012 in the "Who is the best PM till now in India?

I had to post it here since in my judgement you have crossed the line by making the statement in this thread. I have nothing to to add to what I have stated. I hope in time you will withdraw it and not launch personal attacks without the proof to support your allegations.

We have some of the best debaters on this forum and you along with Messiah are one of the non partisan and express your views on in a very straight forward manner. Your POV is always based on the merit of the given situation. Now coming to topic under discussion you have once again hit the nail on the head. I hope lots of people follow into your foot steps and bring about the ultimate change that is required to cleanse the muck from our Bharatvarsh.

Founding Member of Bhartiya Sudharwadi and Pragatisheel Dal. (Just want to spread the name of new political party under formation)

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is the dialog that is the most famous of AK Hangal.

When Shout Box was first put up on DFI and when i didnt find anyone on it, I first used this dialog here. Ever since, most people have used it on SB.

RIP AK Hangal. 200 films in your career. Bollywood sure will feel the "sannata"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Brigadier, why generalize?

You're wrong in your generalization.

And according to you, impractical.
Valid point.

I was interpreting the comments of the Sikh portal.

Having worked in the Punjab, these issues, I found were taken seriously by certain sections.

But then, not being a Sikh, I only listened to what they had to say.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles