Ashdoc's movie review---Bahubali

anupamsurey

Country flag
story line is like a weak point but the graphics. animations and the sound effects are like class apart. suggest watching it in pvr.

anupamsurey

Country flag
i watched bajrangi today it was like worst than the minions which i watched yesterdag

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
MADURAI: Activists of a dalit outfit on Wednesday hurled petrol bombs at a theatre in Madurai screening the Tamil version of the Telugu movie "Baahubali." The activists of the outfit -- Puratchi Pulikal Iyakkam- were opposed to a few dialogues in the movie which allegedly presented the dalits in a derogatory manner. The activists of the outfit, who arrived at the spot on two- wheelers, hurled several petrol bombs (bottles filled with petrol) at Tamil Jeya Cinemas. One of the bottles hit the wall of the theatre and caused a minor fire. The attack happened when several people were watching "Baahuabli" at the theatre. A large number of police personnel, led by deputy commissioner of police A G Babu, rushed to the spot and conducted investigations. Meanwhile, a group of seven activists of the outfit surrendered before the Tallakulam police claiming responsibility for the attack. Police said they had beefed up security for all theaters in the city which screened the movie.

Activists of dalit outfit attack Madurai theatre screening Baahubali

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
India's 'Baahubali' Blasts Past 500 Crore / $78 Million Worldwide

In its fourth week of worldwide release, Hyderabad-based Arka Media Works’ action epic Baahubali: The Beginning has continued to fend off new competition to surpass the vaunted 5 billion rupees (US$78 million) mark in theatrical box office revenue.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain...i-blasts-past-500-crore-78-million-worldwide/
I think baahubali has a chance to hit 1000 crores before the end of the calendar year. International cut is expected to be ready by end of this month.

A chauhan

Country flag
I think baahubali has a chance to hit 1000 crores before the end of the calendar year. International cut is expected to be ready by end of this month.
It can be watched 4-5 times without getting bored, it's evergreen like hollywood sci-fi I think.

TrueSpirit2

Finally, 1 mega-movie from India to be really proud of.

Despite the generously-borrowed & overt visual inspirations from "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Avatar, LOTR & MI:2, the movie is Indian in spirit & Indian in execution. So, I am more than willing to ignore these minor influences.

Especially, the second-half is just too exhilarating.

The movie "300" now appears to me as mini-Bahubali.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Few of the reviews on youtube of the Baahubali trailer from Non-Desi chaps :

This seems to be a trend now, "Trailer reactions" ....

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Few of the reviews on youtube of the Baahubali trailer from Non-Desi chaps :

Here the guy says
"Indian movie....yeah yeah Bollywood movie"
Is that guy serious? Baahubali isn't bollywood.

Also he said Sword swinging... 300; helmet.... troy; jumping, waterfall.... avatar...
If this is the case nobody can make any movie w/o people saying copy copy :D :D

Also I doubt the hindi dub could actually capture the beauty and depth of the songs/dialogue.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Here the guy says
"Indian movie....yeah yeah Bollywood movie"
Is that guy serious? Baahubali isn't bollywood.

Also he said Sword swinging... 300; helmet.... troy; jumping, waterfall.... avatar...
If this is the case nobody can make any movie w/o people saying copy copy :D :D

Also I doubt the hindi dub could actually capture the beauty and depth of the songs/dialogue.
I saw the hindi dub and it was $hit.
Additionally the story was a little weak but I guess production quality and uniqueness factor came on top.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I saw the hindi dub and it was $hit.
Additionally the story was a little weak but I guess production quality and uniqueness factor came on top.
:lol:Story is weak? Dude, the story is not even over/fully out.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Rowdy @saty and as usual, the bongs I know/have seen are dissing this movie in comparison with movies like haider to prove their intellectualism:lol:

Is there anyway we can get rid of the bongs? these guys are becoming an embarassment frankly and I think India would do better without the bong/mallu filth....

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
@Rowdy @saty and as usual, the bongs I know/have seen are dissing this movie in comparison with movies like haider to prove their intellectualism:lol:

Is there anyway we can get rid of the bongs? these guys are becoming an embarassment frankly and I think India would do better without the bong/mallu filth....
Hahahaha the problem is that these guys are coasting along ... I met a mallu once who was lecturing me on "secularism". I told him first solve the extremist problems of IUML & PFI in Kerala and then go on lecturing people.
That shut him up.

A chauhan

Country flag
:lol:Story is weak? Dude, the story is not even over/fully out.
Story seems to be inspired from Mahabharata in the first part, however the the most attractive features of the movie were in the following order (IMO)
1. Direction,
2. Background Music,
3. Special effects.
4. Story.

I really liked Ramya Krishnan in this movie, what a grandeur !! one of the most strong female characters of the Indian movies. (otherwise I took her as a second class actress)

bahubali 2 songs

The costliest and biggest film ever to be made in India is finally here....promising special effects that even Hollywood would envy....

And it does live upto it's mighty name....producing an extravaganza of war and legend on celluloid like never before....

A roaring waterfall is beautifully shown falling from a height that is ten times that of naigara , with waters which cascade like milk over a slippery mountain that seems to head endlessly upwards...

And for the hero ( played by Prabhas ) who manages to climb the slippery heights of the waterfall to the roof of the world among snowy hills lies the ultimate prize---the kingdom of mahishmati , which is a wonder on earth with mighty bastions and magnificent palaces and superbly crafted temples....

And also waiting for him in the high heights beyond the waterfall is the beautiful Tammanah , a damsel with pink skin and smooth belly with a deep navel that would be dream to explore....

And it is Tammanah who eggs him on to invade Mahishmati alone...

But waiting for him in Mahishmati is another secret---that he is the one who has been chosen by destiny to lead the people of the kingdom towards liberation from the evil clutches of the villain ( played by Rana Daggubati ) ,who has kept many in the chains of slavery and unleashed tyranny upon the rest....

Yes , he is Bahubali---the ultimate warrior and the rightful heir to the throne of the kingdom....for he was whisked away as a child from the kingdom after his father who was king was killed by the villain....

And he then hears the story of how his father fought an epic battle to save the kingdom of Mahishmati from a horde of barbarians---a battle that is brought alive on celluloid like no battle has been ever before....

He hears how his father tamed a giant bull---a huge bull with massive size and built , and a scene filmed with such spectacular skill....you really feel that bull's angry snorts as his attack is brought to a grinding halt by the hero's father ( Prabhas in a double role )....

And he sees really tall statue of gold being raised in the city---another superb effort of photography....

But the piece de resistance of the film is the epic battle fought with cruel savages who are crude enough to dream of violating the women of Mahishmati....

Precise battle plans are brought to perfection on the battlefield ; soldiers armed with gleaming pikes and shields form a impenetrable wall of steel....

Giant balls of stone are thrown by gigantic catapults onto the enemy , and a storm of fire is unleashed in the enemy's ranks....

Dramatic cavalry charges are made onto the plains filled with enemy soldiers , and sharp arrows are fired by huge bows....

Shining swords strike enemy bodies drawing red blood from them....

Hundreds of thousands of soldiers are shown cramming the plains of battle like a dark cloud of locusts....

And all of this is filmed with magnificent special effects the kind of which India has never seen before....a literal splurge of money....

The music is pleasant too---all melodious songs and soothing instrumentation that pleases the senses....

Prabhas looks good too---muscled and leader like ; a true Bahubali....
Rana Dagubatti looks strong and beefy ; a strong contender for the throne that he wants....

But at the end of it all comes the real disappointment---that the film has not ended at all ; it has been left incomplete....the second part will complete the film in 2016 , a part named as 'Bahubali the conclusion'....
Some in the audience were swearing to themselves in sheer disappointment....for the first part of the film had raided the bar of entertainment high , but the incomplete ending had left audience feeling high and dry....
Many will return in 2016 however , hoping to watch another epic battle filmed in the second part like never before....
I will return too...

Verdict---spectacular entertainment .
Four stars .
yes sir what you said that right and same in that movie having good songs now all people are searching for the bahubali 2 movie details and some people looking for bahubali 2 songs the people who want songs they need the details sir if you can then provide the song details

Vilander

Country flag
They could have reduced the hero worshiping shots a bit and mellowed down and made the hero less super human and more courageous as a result. But its clear the target audience would like long sequences where the male and female lead, their grand dad grand mom and villain etc gesticulate with no end and where applicable stand stiff trying to look ripped. Its a bit crass, high quality visuals but a bit less quality in story telling. For example in a 3rd rate mainstream big budget Hollywood movie like Hercules, you can see Dwayne Johnson almost dying trying to trip the statue in the final scene, it comes out as a super natural effort to end the final big boss fight, they try the whole movie to make Hercules look like a con and in this scene the audience is made to believe for a moment that he is super human indeed. In bahubali Prahabas walks around with a grin carrying a big statue to impress the ladies in an initial scene, makes it worthless.

lots of inspired scenes lifted from other hollywood pics. Why would they do this, they have spent so much money and there is a lot of originality and skill in display they should have been more attentive to certain aspects to make it truly remarkable.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
They could have reduced the hero worshiping shots a bit and mellowed down and made the hero less super human and more courageous as a result. But its clear the target audience would like long sequences where the male and female lead, their grand dad grand mom and villain etc gesticulate with no end and where applicable stand stiff trying to look ripped. Its a bit crass, high quality visuals but a bit less quality in story telling. For example in a 3rd rate mainstream big budget Hollywood movie like Hercules, you can see Dwayne Johnson almost dying trying to trip the statue in the final scene, it comes out as a super natural effort to end the final big boss fight, they try the whole movie to make Hercules look like a con and in this scene the audience is made to believe for a moment that he is super human indeed. In bahubali Prahabas walks around with a grin carrying a big statue to impress the ladies in an initial scene, makes it worthless.

lots of inspired scenes lifted from other hollywood pics. Why would they do this, they have spent so much money and there is a lot of originality and skill in display they should have been more attentive to certain aspects to make it truly remarkable.
Big saar, you are spending too much time with hollywood people and asking for something.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles