An Otherworldly Discovery: Billions of Other Planets

Param

There is no economic incentive to develop many of our wastelands on Earth while there are plenty for developing Mars. Even before Mars Moon should be first.
What incentives are there in Mars that are not in the Sahara or Antarctica?
and how do we expect people to live in planet that experiences unimaginable wind speeds for weeks?

Nagraj

waste lands of earth aren,t exactly waste lands. there are tremendous life forms that live there.
There is no economic incentive to develop many of our wastelands on Earth while there are plenty for developing Mars. Even before Mars Moon should be first.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
What incentives are there in Mars that are not in the Sahara or Antarctica?
and how do we expect people to live in planet that experiences unimaginable wind speeds for weeks?
First and foremost, when an asteroid hits the Earth, Sahara and Antarctica would below up along with the rest of the planet, further Sahara and Antarctica are not large enough to accommodate the expanding population, we will have to think about colonizing space sooner or later, better to start now :cool:

Param

Maybe a more advanced civilization can be contacted or discovered in the future that can help us out??

why do we think that an advanced alien civiisation will help us out?
When the Europeans first arrived in America in their big ships, the natives thought they might "help then out"
Did the civilised folks of EUROPE help out the natives of America?

If we come across a a powerful civilization our freedom will be in Danger

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
When the Europeans first arrived in America in their big ships, the natives thought they might "help then out"

So, we go into a cocoon and hope we pass under the radar or we strive to become a strong civilization ourselves?

Country flag

Lol maybe they will feel sorry for us for being so primitive?? Or maybe they will put us in their zoos or dinner plate?

Param

So, we go into a cocoon and hope we pass under the radar or we strive to become a strong civilization ourselves?
Actually I think some famous theoritical physicist has recommended we do that.

I think he has even warned SETI

Just think about it.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Actually I think some famous theoritical physicist has recommended we do that.

I think he has even warned SETI

Just think about it.
I know who you're talking about, but other physicists argue that if a civilization has managed to reach type 1, they wouldn't actually be looking for new lifeforms...
Secondly,by the time we are actually able to colonize other planets/galaxies we'd be pretty advance technologically ourselves, and it would take hundreds of thousands of years for aliens to reach us after we make first contact.
If they already know we are here they could have already wiped us out.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles