Air China to buy 31 Boeing aircrafts for $4.8 billion

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Air China Ltd will buy 31 aircrafts from Boeing Company to expand its fleet capacity, the firm said in an announcement filed with the Hong Kong stock exchange on Friday.

The company has agreed to purchase 2 Boeing 747-8I aircrafts, 1 Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and 20 Boeing 737-800 aircrafts at a cost about of about $2.6 billion and is expecting to take delivery in stages between 2014 and 2015.

Air China Cargo will purchase 8 Boeing 777-F aircrafts for about $2.23 billion, the company said, adding the delivery is expected between 2013 and 2015.

Air China to buy 31 Boeing aircrafts for $4.8 billion | NDTV.com
+++++++++

I wonder what happened to China's indigenous passenger aircraft.

J20!

Country flag
Air China Ltd will buy 31 aircrafts from Boeing Company to expand its fleet capacity, the firm said in an announcement filed with the Hong Kong stock exchange on Friday.

I wonder what happened to China's indigenous passenger aircraft.
Please specify exactly which Chinese production "indigenous passenger aircraft" can satisfy the same consumer needs as 747-8I or 777 or the really nifty 737-800...

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I don't know, you guys are the one who come here and and 'tom tom' about Chinese indigenous products.

Was it C919?.

nimo_cn

Country flag
DD is very unhappy with China developing C919!

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

huaxia rox

owing to very simple reasons:

1 just like india on the one hand claims they ve got PSLV working but on the other hand keeps putting indian settallites (be it homemade or not) like GSAT-10 into Ariane 5 for launching....why on earth??? because your PSLV can only send some very light payloads into the space.......any comments here from indians??

2 chinese companies have money and chinese companies are free to choose which ever products they want to buy (be it hommade or not) so long as its legal..... how hard to understand???

J20!

Country flag
I don't know, you guys are the one who come here and and 'tom tom' about Chinese indigenous products.

Was it C919?.
C919 may have over 50 orders already, but it in no way competes with 747-8I's or 777's in size or passenger carrying capacity. C919 isn't even past development yet.

Your attempt at baiting a response is a bit tame though considering India doesn't even have an ARJ21 equivalent, let alone C919 equivalent.. Do you have a 787 or 747-8I hiding somewhere deep in the bowels of HAL?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I'm neither happy or unhappy but only making observation of Chinese posters and their posts. You guys come around here and tom tom about your military might & civilian might and then yet you have to buy engines from russia and Boeing passenger aircrafts from US. It only shows that most of your guys are here to bluster with little matter that actually materializes into something formidable.

J20!

Country flag
I'm neither happy or unhappy but only making observation of Chinese posters and their posts. You guys come around here and tom tom about your military might & civilian might and then yet you have to buy engines from russia and Boeing passenger aircrafts from US. It only shows that most of your guys are here to bluster with little matter that actually materializes into something formidable.
And when has a Chinese poster said we have 747 class aircraft? Or even 737? 777? Name one poster who said Chinese aerospace companies can compete with Boeing or even Airbus in the civilian market? Sour grapes much?

Forget the 31 Boeing's, Chinese airlines operate thousands of Boeing jets, maybe you should start a feel good thread about them too.

Russian engines? is that the only consolation you have? That sounds a little hypocritical considering India imports entire warplanes with ZERO indigenous content (ala Rafale), Do you have Indian engines powering MKI? Or Mig29K? or Mig29? Or LCA?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
And when has a Chinese poster said we have 747 class aircraft? Or even 737? 777? Name one poster who said Chinese aerospace companies can compete with Boeing or even Airbus in the civilian market? Sour grapes much?

Forget the 31 Boeing's, Chinese airlines operate thousands of Boeing jets, maybe you should start a feel good thread about them too.

Russian engines? is that the only consolation you have? That sounds a little hypocritical considering India imports entire warplanes with ZERO indigenous content (ala Rafale), Do you have Indian engines powering MKI? Or Mig29K? or Mig29? Or LCA?
I know how you guys come here and do the trumpeting of Chinese ware. This c919 was no different. Here is a thread started by a Chinese not so long ago abt C919 challenging Airbus and Boeing. (there are more threads if you use search feature)

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/china/8569-chinese-planes-challenge-boeing-airbus.html

No on denied that China doesn't operate Boeings. Its the fact that you guys (CCP 50 cent posters mainly) come here and trumpet here about Chinese passenger jets challenging Boeing and Airbus but yet you keep buying Boeing jets. Same with Russian engines. You keep claiming and trumpeting about J-10, J-11,J-15, J-20 and J-what not being a competitor of Russian jets but yet keep buying russian engines. India never claimed of making fighters which is going to compete with other jet fighters for international market. So, there is nothing hypocritical to call bluff on Chinese trumpeting in this forum.

shiphone

Country flag
some member always show the ignorant and childish...that new is from BBC WORLD ... LOL

--------------
Let's see what china National News Agency said...China's COMAC gets 50 more new orders for C919 - Xinhua | English.news.cn

BEIJING, Nov. 14 (Xinhuanet) -- The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, or COMAC, a would-be rival to Airbus and Boeing, inked deals with four clients on Tuesday to sell 50 of its C919 jetliners.

The deal brings the total orders of China's home grown commercial jetliner to 380. COMAC says it expects the first batch of the aircraft to be delivered in 2016.

Reporter: "The single-aisle aircraft is designed by Comac to rival against other commercial passenger jet. The short and medium range jet is to carry around 168 passengers."

The Shanghai-based state-owned aircraft manufacturer sold 20 C919 passenger aircrafts to two Chinese airlines each and 10 jetliners to a unit of the US electric giant GE.

Tian Min, CFO of COMAC, said, "We received orders for 50 C919 jetliners. It's a certain sign of market recognition for our aircrafts. In the first batch, we got orders for 100 C919 aircrafts from back in the year of 2010. And most of our clients back then were big airlines such as AirChina, China Eastern, and China Southern airlines. But right now, more and more small airlines are taking interest in our products."

COMAC says it expects its first C919 aircraft to be completed in 2014, while it aims to start the aircrafts delivery in 2016.

GE Capital Aviation Services, COMAC's only foreign client so far, had ordered 10 C919 aircrafts previously. In total, it has ordered 20 C919 jetliners.

Liu Li, CEO of GE Capital Aviation Services, China, said, "We're confident about the aircraft. And it's normal in the industry to order aircrafts without seeing the real model."

The new model certainly attracts lots of airlines from home and abroad. But apparently for international giant Airbus, C919 has not yet threatened Airbus' market share.

Laurence Barron, president of Airbus China, said, "Airbus is not afraid of competition. Competition is always good for the industry. And we thrived from competition."

China earlier unveiled it wants to develop domestic aircraft manufacturers as a strategic priority.

But few home grown aircraft makers were so far able to threaten the market shares of aircraft makers such as Boeing, Airbus or Bombardier.
some simple facts:

1 the total order has been 380
2 C919 is at the same class as B737 A320
3 the maiden flight is planed in 2014 , delivery would start in 2016(but I doubt it...LOL)
4 one American firm ordered 10 C919...so....LOL, your word is?
5 only power respect power...some member from a empty-talke country would never understand it .

---------------
BTW, all China Airlines are operating around 580 B737 serials including 140 of the 2nd Gen B737(B737-300,400,500) which have a average service life of around 15 years...every month china imports around 3-4 new gen B737 NG serail(B737-700,800,900) to replace the early Generation and expand the fleet. meanwhile these Airlines are also accepting the 3-4 A320s every month, 2 of which are from the Assembly line in Tianjing ,china.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
I know how you guys come here and do the trumpeting of Chinese ware. This c919 was no different. Here is a thread started by a Chinese not so long ago abt C919 challenging Airbus and Boeing. (there are more threads if you use search feature)

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/china/8569-chinese-planes-challenge-boeing-airbus.html

No on denied that China doesn't operate Boeings. Its the fact that you guys (CCP 50 cent posters mainly) come here and trumpet here about Chinese passenger jets challenging Boeing and Airbus but yet you keep buying Boeing jets. Same with Russian engines. You keep claiming and trumpeting about J-10, J-11,J-15, J-20 and J-what not being a competitor of Russian jets but yet keep buying russian engines. India never claimed of making fighters which is going to compete with other jet fighters for international market. So, there is nothing hypocritical to call bluff on Chinese trumpeting in this forum.
Your problem is you mistake statement of fact for boasting. Every piece of Chinese defense-ware info I have posted here has been what I know to be fact or my interpretation of it. You being jealous is no one's fault but your own.

J10 J11 J15 J20 all have been, or are powered by Russian engines. congratulations. That doesn't detract from the fact that they are all high performance 21st century fighters all designed and manufactured in China. Or that all of the fighters you've mentioned or their newer, generation variants have Chinese developed jet engines for them in the pipe-line or flying with them already.

India is still a long while away from an aerospace industry and technology base as developed as China's. That is a fact my friend, trying to mock us for it really wont change anything.

huaxia rox

the funny parts are these:

1 buying boeing filight jets is a very common thing....why do EU nations buy boeing after they can make A380???are you telling me they ve stopped doing that?? vice vasar do american airline companies not buy planes from EU??? not just for civil use.....we do know how AV8 came about do we?? can that mean the US is so shit???

2 more importantly do you know the timeline sechduel set for C919??? delivered in 2016....when is now my indian friend???be a bit patient....you can wait for some crap tejas for 3 decades and you can spend 2 billion above and ertra 5 years above for some garbage russian AC and you are not used to enjoying some project right according to the plan???be it happily or unhappily......

3 can we stop what the west wants to write???they have their rights to make those news titles....China's challenge for air supremacy - CNN.com

Global Defence

New threads

Articles