Afghans infuriated by shelling from Pakistan

pmaitra

These are just a few of the guns i took pics of i own more..lol.... so what do u think bro...aint chinese..
As I said, better than the plastic G.I.Joe stuff I have. :D

Jokes apart, impressive, I must say.

I've never fired or even held a gun in my life.
I have always wanted to shoot the 7.62mm NATO RFI SMLE (wrongly called .303 in India). Plenty have been surplussed and many US gun collectors have them. I am scouting for one who will kindly let me shoot his. :)

Last edited:

Dinku

I have always wanted to shoot the 7.62mm NATO RFI SMLE (wrongly called .303 in India). Plenty have been surplussed and many US gun collectors have them. I am scouting for one who will kindly let me shoot his. :)
How Indian call 7.62 rifle .303.

Weapon known calibre. Calibre different.

Who call? Soldier call?

Lee Enfield Bolt Action .303.

No chance /303 bold action same 7.62.

Last edited:

Dinku

Why stick ur finger in a bee hive when ur not prepared............Limited resources,lesser available troops....let the drones do the dirty work.....Beside you fight another group when americans themselves are negotiating with them?
Stick finger beehive get honey.

Bee bite, no honey.

But little on finger. Lick. Consolation.

Not worry.

Try again.

pmaitra

How Indian call 7.62 rifle .303.

Weapon known calibre. Calibre different.

Who call? Soldier call?

Lee Enfield Bolt Action .303.

No chance /303 bold action same 7.62.
Here is your response:

Kindly allow me to intercede here for a minor technical detail.

.303 or .308?

The last one mentioned as '.303' is not used in India any more. The name of that rifle is SMLE (Short Magazine Lee Enfield) and they are wrongly referred to as .303.

The term .303 implies .303" = 7.696mm, i.e. the diameter of the bullet. The RFI (Rifle Factory Ishapore) made SMLEs were built for 7.62mm NATO (= .308") rounds and used better steel than the original SMLEs of British origin. Hence, it would be appropriate to call them .308, but the name is still SMLE. Another difference from the British SMLEs is that the RFI SMLEs had 12 round and more squarish magazines as compared to 10 round magazines for the British ones. Yet another difference is that the RFI SMLEs used stronger steel for 7.62mm NATO rounds as compared to the original British ones. There are many other subtle differences. India has been making these rifles as RFI 2A and RFI 2A1 since after the Sino-Indian War in 1962 (guess: 1963-1975).

Note: RFI SMLEs were not conversions, but were specifically made for 7.62mm NATO rounds.

Comparison:

RFI SMLE

British SMLE Mark III

The following video gives a very accurate description of this great rifle:

P.S.: Let us all at DFI set high standards for accuracy. Hence, while commoners might refer to this rifle as .303, let us call it RFI SMLE instead. Just a humble request.

References:
Lee-Enfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ishapore 2A1 rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinku

Me know rifle difference.

Sheik, forgive. Handle rifle, know difference.

Surprise call 7.62mm = .303

That my point.

Rifle making cheap changing to 7.62 from .303. Furniture same. Calibre different. So furniture not make. Save money. Then side by side set assembly new weapon. In between, no gap rifle require.

Dinku

I told Afghan both side border.

Pakistan love Afghan. Brother.

Want kill American. American raid Pakistan and also Drone. Pakistan not like. Pakistan Govt military not do anything. They paid money. Require money survival need.

But kill Afghan, they (Afghan) not like.

Natural.

Pakistan confused. Support terrorist. Now cry. Poor Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles