27% Reservation for OBCs in Allotment of Retail Outlets (Petrol Pumps)

ejazr

Ambassador
Reservations in petrol pump allotments as well? I am assuming that this is because the petrol pumps are govt. owned/managed. Another reason why fuel distribution should be deregulated so that private players can come in.

Press Information Bureau English Releases
The selection process of Retail Outlet (RO) i.e. Petrol Pump dealership has been revised. The major changes proposed pertain to application of the reservation policy as per constitutional provisions. It has now been decided to give 27% reservation to OBC candidates in allotment of RO dealership. Further, with a view to improve transparency and remove discretion in the selection process, the allotment of RO dealership will henceforth be made by draw of lots. These changes are expected to make the RO allotment in tune with our social objectives and higher standards of transparency.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
:wtf:Govt should keep its shit out of the Private firm's business:frusty::frusty:

Its not doing any one any favour

---By an OBC

Predator

Another reason why fuel distribution should be deregulated so that private players can come in.
Then the demand for reservations in private sector will resurface.

Reservation policy is flawed and discriminatory, time to rethink it.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Then the demand for reservations in private sector will resurface

Yep. Thats stupid.The govt should not meddle with private affairs

Reservation policy is flawed and discriminatory, time to rethink it.
Not so fast. And Reservation is not entirely flawed nor is it entirely discriminatory:nono:

You know what is actually flawed and discriminatory? The two thousand years of head start which the FCs enjoy over the other caste wrt to society.

Now that aside, the discrimination which the lower castes face even now is more flawed and unfair. Remove it, and then we can talk about removing the reservation since the reservation's original purpose was that!!!

Predator

.Not so fast. And Reservation is not entirely flawed nor is it entirely discriminatory:nono:

You know what is actually flawed and discriminatory? The two thousand years of head start which the FCs enjoy over the other caste wrt to society.
There are no FC or BC, these are political constructs used to divide and rule.

Now that aside, the discrimination which the lower castes face even now is more flawed and unfair. Remove it, and then we can talk about removing the reservation since the reservation's original purpose was that!!!
Discrimination today is based more on the person's economic status not on caste. So-called lower castes are economically more richer than the so-called upper castes. Once the economy built paper money blows up you will see the real rulers.

amitkriit

Attempt to create an internal rift by the heirs of the British Indian Empire.

Divided Hindu Community= No Saffron Terrorists.
Siculars must be so happy because this is a master-stroke.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
There are no FC or BC, these are political constructs used to divide and rule.
Yep there is no dalit discrimination:thumb:

Discrimination today is based more on the person's economic status not on caste. So-called lower castes are economically more richer than the so-called upper castes. Once the economy built paper money blows up you will see the real rulers.
Yeah right, I am pretty sure you will marry your daughter to a dalit working in IT.:rolleyes:

Stop talking non-sense. we all know thats not the case

Galaxy

Country flag
SC/ST needs reservation. There is no doubt on that. It's not only because of economical status but social discrimination.

OBC - Most of the time i feel, They don't need. Majority of OBC (except few MBC caste) are par with UC. It's politics.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Divided Hindu Community= No Saffron Terrorists.
Siculars must be so happy because this is a master-stroke.
Dint Singh Try to speak up for the rights of the Dalits among Hindus in the RWE extremism army bull shit thread:laugh:???

Predator

Yep there is no dalit discrimination:thumb:
and yet dalits manage to hold constitutional and political high posts inspite of the perceived discrimination. A case can be made that there is discrimination against FC too, why cant a FC become a chief of party like BSP. Isn't that discrimination too?

Yeah right, I am pretty sure you will marry your daughter to a dalit working in IT.:rolleyes:
I will not marry her to anybody, she will choose her own partner.

Stop talking non-sense. we all know thats not the case
Dude the economy is running on money created out of thin money, sooner or later it will crash, when that happens as i said earlier you will see who the real rulers are.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
and yet dalits manage to hold constitutional and political high posts inspite of the perceived discrimination. A case can be made that there is discrimination against FC too, why cant a FC become a chief of party like BSP. Isn't that discrimination too?
Strawman argument. Lets see if you can answer my question honestly. This is it

Who has more respect in the society a Dalit Corporation worker earning ten thousand per month, or the Poor Brahmin priest who is terribly poor.?

Dude the economy is running on money created out of thin money, sooner or later it will crash, when that happens as i said earlier you will see who the real rulers are.
:confused:Seriously dude, you are going way off tangent to substantiate your points

I will not marry her to anybody, she will choose her own partner.
One among the few FCs with this attitude. But I know what majority are like(Both OBC and FC).

There are several "educated" people who I know off who engage in Castism. So dont talk nonsense. May be you are different but the ground reality is something else. For further info herehttp://defenceforumindia.com/forum/politics-society/39255-dead-man-runs-indias-presidency.html

Galaxy

Country flag
Dint Singh Try to speak up for the rights of the Dalits among Hindus in the RWE extremism army bull shit laugh:???
My personal observation :-

Many secularist emphasize on Dalit, Adivasi, Poor Hindus, Regions, Linguistic, Ethnic and so on. Their main purpose is to project Hinduism as group of 1000's caste and most divided religion. They won't talk about Caste + Sectarian in Islam/Christianity. Those secularist (Mostly minority / Marxist ) talk about theoretical rule of Non-Hindus but practical rule for Hindus. How many post/thread have you seen when those people talk that One sect of Muslims have different mosque and other Muslims are not permitted ? They even blow mosque of others OR when catholic Christian are targeting protestant Christian to convert into Catholic Christianity? If Hindus have caste system, Others have caste system + Sectarian.

Theoretically or Practically, Hinduism despite of caste system is doing fine and better compare with any other Abrahamic religion in India. However, Unity among Hindus will thwart their nefarious design as i said many times. For them only solution, Divide Hindus and Rule!!

:truestory:

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
^^^ The marxists and their apologists elsewhere dont consider Harijans as Hindus...when they refer to Hindus it is only pointing at the OBCs and Upper castes..

British policy of divide and rule.

Caste Hindus are also to be blamed for that..for not treating the Harijans as their co-religionists which these scumbags are so happy to exploit...Thankfully the situation is changing...

Please use the word Harijans [the people of Hari, another name for Lord Vishnu] rather than Dalits.

Last edited:

amitkriit

Let us not bury our heads under sand like Ostrich, let us eat the bitter pill like any brave person would. Division in the Hindu community on the basis of Caste is a reality, and the gap is too huge to be bridged so quickly. In fact the gap is so big that Non-Hindu siculars try to take advantage of it from time-to-time to further their own agenda.

We have let us get exploited by the power hungry people because caste system exists in our society. This divide cannot be bridged by economic measures alone, what we need is a radical change in our thought process. Now one question remains, suppose we manage to get united and start treating each others as equals, will not that destroy the career of the Dalit activists? Will not that hurt the political prospect of our shrewd politicians?

Had caste system been a myth, Rahul G could not find himself on the front-page of the English Newspapers just by eating and staying the house of a Dalit.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Let us not bury our heads under sand like Ostrich, let us eat the bitter pill like any brave person would. Division in the Hindu community on the basis of Caste is a reality, and the gap is too huge to be bridged so quickly. In fact the gap is so big that Non-Hindu siculars try to take advantage of it from time-to-time to further their own agenda.

We have let us get exploited by the power hungry people because caste system exists in our society. This divide cannot be bridged by economic measures alone, what we need is a radical change in our thought process. Now one question remains, suppose we manage to get united and start treating each others as equals, will not that destroy the career of the Dalit activists? Will not that hurt the political prospect of our shrewd politicians?

Had caste system been a myth, Rahul G could not find himself on the front-page of the English Newspapers just by eating and staying the house of a Dalit.
As far as I can see, the only way to remove this caste divide is to provide reservations/incentives and other such things for inter-caste marriages.

And then education education and lots of education:truestory:

Predator

Strawman argument. Lets see if you can answer my question honestly. This is it

Who has more respect in the society a Dalit Corporation worker earning ten thousand per month, or the Poor Brahmin priest who is terribly poor.?
you are confusing nature of work with economic status. How about changing the equation and asking who is more respected, a brahmin corporation worker or a dalit priest?

:confused:Seriously dude, you are going way off tangent to substantiate your points
No sir by the end of this year most paper currencies will lose their value, you can quote me on it.

One among the few FCs with this attitude. But I know what majority are like(Both OBC and FC).

There are several "educated" people who I know off who engage in Castism. So dont talk nonsense. May be you are different but the ground reality is something else.
most people prefer to marry among their caste, it's not they purposely discriminate against dalits but they prefer their own.

Declared dead by the UP govt, man files nomination for the race to Raisina Hill to show he's alive : North, News - India Today
Singh waged a battle to get back his 12.1 acre-land in Chittoni village, Varanasi district, of UP that was allegedly usurped by his cousins after they claimed he had died.

There is the real problem, would the marriage be a problem if he was from a town or city? Think about it.

Galaxy

Country flag

True. There is no denial.

However, Caste System exist in Abrahmic religion also. Some influential Muslims from so called UC are in politics and rest are nowhere. But you won't read anywhere because Muslims are Muslims because they are minority.

In addition, Sectarian division. Even their Religious places are different.

Caste system among Hindus are more visible and makes headline because Hindus are majority. Generally, Minority are more united but that doesn't mean division doesn't exist.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Appeasement vote bank politics at the forefront again.

:truestory:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles