New Weapons for security forces in JK.

bhramos

Country flag
Army to use non-lethal weapons against riot in JK

Srinagar, Aug 22: Kashmir police and paramilitary forces deployed in the valley will change from lethal to non-lethal weapons after 62 civilians lost their lives in the ongoing unrest.

Buzz up!
The new non-lethal weapons include Taser guns, pellets and pepper balls. The US-made Taser guns can discharge a nine-volt current that momentarily immobilizes a protester so that he can be taken into custody without causing any grievous hurt.

The pepper balls can discharge highly irritating fumes that will force the mobs to disperse and the Pump Action Gun (PAG) will fire pellets at the protesters, which will not cause any deaths.

On Saturday, Aug 21, an Indian Air Force (IAF) plane brought an assortment of non-lethal weapons to Srinagar and this will be immediately distributed for riot control across the valley.

But many officials are not sure about the efficacy of these these non-lethal weapons. They described that these weapons can also cause mortality.

"To tell the truth, there is nothing like a non-lethal weapon as long as it is used from a close range. Unless the mandatory distance of contact between the rioter and the riot controller is maintained, all so-called non-lethal weapons can cause mortality," said an official.

"Some of the weapons like dye sprinkled through water cannons and pepper balls can be used without any fear of causing mortality during crowd control operations, but the debate continues whether these two items have any efficacy at all on crowds bent on even snatching firearms from the deployed security men," official added.

Kashmir Protest | Curfew in Valley | Non Lethal weapons | Taser Guns | Stone Pelting - Oneindia News

Param

Their should be a squad of sharp shooters with real guns & shoot these hooligans in the limbs. That would would'nt kill them.

bhramos

Country flag
Their should be a squad of sharp shooters with real guns & shoot these hooligans in the limbs. That would would'nt kill them.
this is the first step, lets wait and see.............
This government will not do any thing like that you said.........

Tihar Jail
Banned
line them up & a powerful boot up their backside with enough force so they land in Pakistan would be a better solution! they r not Indians, they r Pakistanis on Indian soil. (just my very humble opinion)

Param

I wonder is it possible for us to develop or even buy sonic & utrasonic weapons(USW) that are used to emit sound as an irritant. These can be used in croud control. Some of these weapons have been described as sonic bullets, sonic grenades, sonic mines, or sonic cannons.

Extremely high-power sound waves can break the eardrums of a target and cause severe pain or disorientation. This is usually sufficient to incapacitate a person. Less powerful sound waves can cause humans to experience nausea or discomfort.

bhramos

Country flag
Sonic guns Used in G-20

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
another non lethal option is

Bhut jolokia, or 'ghost chilli' being develop as chile grenades by DRDO.

i dont want to be near that place where they explode these :happy_2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
guys IMHO, practical solutions which we can develop or import easily will work in the present situation. sonic guns
etc which is US product do you think they will give us those ???

Param

guys IMHO, practical solutions which we can develop or import easily will work in the present situation. sonic guns
etc which is US product do you think they will give us those ???
If they can sell us P8i, why not sonic guns. Are they more hi-tech. I know some cruise ships used Sonic guns to protect themselves from Somali pirates.

bhramos

Country flag
If they can sell us P8i, why not sonic guns. Are they more hi-tech. I know some cruise ships used Sonic guns to protect themselves from Somali pirates.
even warships used them......

sandeepdg

We should buy these sonic guns and also start using the portable laser being developed by the DRDO. Both will be great help against anti-terror ops and against psycho- protesters ! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles