Why Indians are so much obsessed with English Language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Didn't read all the pages, but quick question.
Why Latin script ?
Also there are sounds in Indian languages that cannot be expressed properly using the latin script, right ?
Devanagari can express all sounds as it is most advanced script in world.

Waffen SS

Didn't read all the pages, but quick question.
Why Latin script ?
Also there are sounds in Indian languages that cannot be expressed by latin script, right ?
Because today is Computer's age and as you know it is very hard to type in Devnagri script, so if we use Latin script it will be easier for us. Plus over all we know English script more or less, but not Hindi Devnagari script. So it will be easier, then we can search on internet on our own national language!

Latin script is very easy, and Azad hind Government used it.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Devanagari can express all sounds as it is most advanced script in world.
Did you even read what I wrote. I already know Devnagari is (not necessarily the most advanced script but is) more sophisticated than Latin script.

Because today is Computer's age and as you know it is very hard to type in Devnagri script, so if we use Latin script it will be easier for us. Plus over all we know English script more or less, bit not Hindi Devnagari script. So it will be easier, then we can search on internet on our own language!

Still can all sounds be properly expressed using Latin script ? I doubt it.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Pakis did not try that. They imposed a language spoken by 5 percent of them on a people who constituted 50 percent of population.In India, we want to impose a language spoken by 60 percent of Indians on different disparate groups who have nothing in common with each other.
There lies my problem.

I also have to add, it is not 60% who speak Hindi, but around 40%, including different dialects.

Well, if it is done so (which no sane minded political party will even think of), what else but armed suppression would prevent a division of this nation.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Because today is Computer's age and as you know it is very hard to type in Devnagri script, so if we use Latin script it will be easier for us. Plus over all we know English script more or less, bit not Hindi Devnagari script. So it will be easier, then we can search on internet on our own language!

If a primitive script like Chinese can be used on computer, so can be Devanagari.

Waffen SS

To all dudes who say English is best and other....

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=unesco+on+mother+tongue+as+medium+of+instruction&oq=UNESCO+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j69i60l2.4152j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8 @ray.

See here even UNESCO says mother tongue medium education is best.

@Razor Hindustani will be only used in Central Government's works. Just all documents of Central Government should be written in Roman script.

From few other members's attitude it is quite evident that they would rather accept a foreign supremacy than an Indian language.

:facepalm: :tsk:

This why we were colonized.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
There lies my problem.

Well, if it is done so (which no sane minded political party will even think of), what else but armed suppression would prevent a division of this nation.
There will be no armed suppression . It is just blackmailing tactic nothing more. An average Tamilian has nothing to lose if he learns a langauge of north rather than a lanaguage spoken in UK.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Idiot, there is nothing to be ashamed of .... and earning your nation the much needed forex. ....proud of my nation - and she is not poor, you dumba$$. She has been doing her best with what she has, despite having to rear morons like you in her bosom. And in coming days she would do much better and that too despite your pulling her back.
Ha Ha... I thought it was India's toiling non English knowing masses who are source of India's Foreign Exchange Reserves....

The masons, carpenter, hotel workers and labour that work in Arab Countries...

The tilling Indian farmer who export agricultural products...

The toiling non English speaking weavers, mercantile, craftsmen, artisans etc..

you Call Centre walls who get bullied and hated day and night by English owning population for not knowing English seem to think too much of yourselves...

Foreign exchange earners ... Ha Ha Ha....

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
To all dudes who say English is best and other....

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=unesco+on+mother+tongue+as+medium+of+instruction&oq=UNESCO+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j69i60l2.4152j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

See here even UNESCO says mother tongue medium education is best.
@Razor Hindustani will be only used in Central Government's works. Just all documents of Central Government should be written in Roman script.
You are still not answering my question, or did you not understand the question.
Question: Why do you want to use Hindi in Latin Script. It seems strange, that is why I ask.
Also can all sounds of Indian languages be expressed using Latin script ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
There will be no armed suppression .
Of course there won't be, as no govt. would be asinine enough to IMPOSE anything like that in a democracy.

It is just blackmailing tactic nothing more. An average Tamilian has nothing to lose if he learns a langauge of north rather than a lanaguage spoken in UK.
Another sign of your utter lack of basic idea about various dynamics of this Nation.

By your same logic, what is lose in learning english more thoroughly. English being the foremost language of communication internationally, it makes more sense. Even a German, Russian or French or your Indonesian businessman/scholar or what not must either learn the language or employ a interpreter to be able to reach wider range of people globally.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Ha Ha... I thought it was India's toiling non English knowing masses who are source of India's Foreign Exchange Reserves....

you Call Centre walls who get bullied and hated day and night by English owning population for not knowing English seem to think too much of yourselves...

Took words out of my tongue. These Englishwalahs are very proud of Indian " dominance" in call centres and IT. It is Chinese who are able to hack computers anywhere in world and these Englishwalahs are just preparing some application softwares for white masters.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Another sign of your utter lack of basic idea about various dynamics of this Nation.

By your same logic, what is lose in learning english more thoroughly. English being the foremost language of communication internationally, it makes more sense. Even a German, Russian or French or your Indonesian businessman/scholar or what not must either learn the language or employ a interpreter to be able to reach wider range of people globally.
So a man who does not know any language apart from English is talking about dynamics of nation. The thing that Tamilian loses is that he becomes non comprehensible to vast majority of Indians when he comes to India. He can communicate with a Congolese or Nigerian but not with his fellow countrymen.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

hmm. another sign of your snobbery.

Btw, how could you surmise that I am a call centre employee? I have too thin a skin to be one.

So, you mean that english knowing class doesn't contribute anything significant in this nations' growth.

Okey, I have had my fill with idiots for today! See you guys again when I would need another dose of entertainment :wave:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
From few other members's attitude it is quite evident that they would rather accept a foreign supremacy than an Indian language.

This why we were colonized.
Absolutely. British ruled India through " Indian sepoys" a thing continuing down to this day.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
So a man who does not know any language apart from English is talking about dynamics of nation. The thing that Tamilian loses is that he becomes non comprehensible to vast majority of Indians when he comes to India. He can communicate with a Congolese or Nigerian but not with his fellow countrymen.
You presume wrong.

I know Bengali, as it is my mother tongue. English, as I have studied in this medium college onwards. Hindi, as I have had enough Hindiwallas in my friend-circle and later worked outside WB. Know Gujarati a lil bit, though undestand quite a bit. Now learning smattering of Telugu.

I have lived in WB, Gujarat, a few months Maharasthra, and now in AP.

So, I am in good place to learn the Dynamics of this nation.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Btw, how could you surmise that I am a call centre employee? I have too thin a skin to be one.

So, you mean that english knowing class doesn't contribute anything significant in this nations' growth.

Okey, I have had my fill with idiots for today! See you guys again when I would need another dose of entertainment :wave:
English knowing class has not contributed as much as elites of other nations to prosperity of their countries.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Because today is Computer's age and as you know it is very hard to type in Devnagri script, so if we use Latin script it will be easier for us. Plus over all we know English script more or less, but not Hindi Devnagari script. So it will be easier, then we can search on internet on our own national language!

Sir,
I agree with you....

Using Roman key board for typing Devanagari script is the new norm now and is being used in Unicode . But that is accepting the fact that Hindi and other Indian languages will co exist with English and not independent of English.

However, for the time being and to encourage Indians to write in the fonts of their mother tongue many programmes exists... I used to make use of :

Baraha - Indian Language Software (The Official Web Site) - Typing Software, Free Trial, Free Download, Text Editor Software and Fonts, Kannada Software, Konkani Software, Tulu Software, Hindi Software, Marathi Software, Sanskrit Software, Tamil Soft

but unfortunately he has gone greedy and wants to make fast bucks... his choice..

Now I recommend :

BhashaIndia - Downloads

But this also Microsoft website and Microsoft is in business and you all understand what I mean. It is something like Englishmen selling free tea at every Railway Station in the colonial past and then earning biggest money from the Indians by selling tea..

Those I suppose are the rules of business ...

So call Centrewallas why do not you do something....

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
You presume wrong.

I know Bengali, as it is my mother tongue. English, as I have studied in this medium college onwards. Hindi, as I have had enough Hindiwallas in my friend-circle and later worked outside WB. Know Gujarati a lil bit, though undestand quite a bit. Now learning smattering of Telugu.

I have lived in WB, Gujarat, a few months Maharasthra, and now in AP.

So, I am in good place to learn the Dynamics of this nation.
Fair enough.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Well, I do not know about other higher sciences.However in Computer science at least there will be little gain in learning it in Hindi or any other vernacular language.Say you read a book in computer science in Hindi but at the end of the day you have to write your code in English only using programming keywords and commands that have been derived from English(keywords like run,if, etc).So what will be the utility of learning in Hindi and then writing it in English?Sadly no one has developed a programming language that accepts Hindi keywords or commands ? You may be able to type in Hindi in your computer but writing a program is entirely different.Here only one language is used and that`s English(well words derived from English).Even non English speaking computer programmers(eg Linus Torvalds of Linux fame) write their code in English(the algorithm can be written in other languages).

What I am trying to express is that for Hindi medium or any other Indian language medium education to work we have to start from the scratch again.The development and advancement of higher sciences say for eg computer science had taken place in the west.They have already laid out the basic skeletal structure and its in English and western languages.For us to reject English and do it in Hindi we have to again remake that structure.Its like reinventing the wheel. If a car maker spends his entire time in making a wheel like structure for motion from the square one he will have no time left to make his car.Instead if that car maker makes use of the already discovered wheel and instead spends his effort on designing a more efficient vehicle his effort will be well spent.The same analogy lies with the higher sciences.Those were just my thoughts.

If you feel otherwise do reply to my post.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Like all English knowing snobs of India, you do use a very foul language....

English speaking snobs of India eat up most of India... by corruption, nepotism,, by being non functional beauraucrtaes, police officers, Scientists, educationists and all spheres of life that symbolises rotten India..

The toiling and exploited masses this nation is the life of India.. call them Tamils, Hindi, Bengali ...or what ever...

But not your category at all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles