Who is the most Evil individual from the 20th century ?

Most evil of the 20th Century

• Mao Zedong

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Joseph Stalin

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Adolf Hitler

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Winston Churchill

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Henry Kissinger

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Hirohito

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jinnah

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Pol Pot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Idi Amin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yahya Khan

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Scalieback

Professional
Is that the only academic reference you can cite? which academic instituition taught you this - Bolton university?
Something like that :)

Well its been a while. But nice to have you back. Try reading Paxman. Now that is an Englishman that commands respect - proud of his heritrage, but does not hide or gloss over the attrocities that were committed under British colonialism.
I never said there was no atrocities or even bad things done. I'm just saying it wasn't all take and no give. You're also judging those standards with those of today.

Paxman is okay, a bit full of himself and he's been caught out by 'manipulating' interviews.

Scalieback

Professional
Apology for what? Should I also send you some paper napkins and a maid to wipe your tears?
You have no honour Trackwhack. You know it and your blustering confirms it.

There are very few on here who ensure that arrogant [edited] are shown their place. You showed your true colors within a few hours of signing up. And now you want to play victim? Weak ...
I'm no victim at all. Where have I said I am?

I'm an arrogant what? You can call me whatever names you like but your type is just that. No names, no action. PM me when you're in the UK and we'll meet up face to face and you can then call me whatever names you like. You won't like the response though ;)

My true colours? Proud of my country but realise mistakes were made? Can you say the same?

Scalieback

Professional
cross posted

Churchill's Crimes From Indian Holocaust To Palestinian Genocide
.................mortality ---
And? Still gets my vote, albeit not on this poll. A man of his time who led Britain to victory rather than appeasement.

He gets more respect for me than Bose ever would. Or even Hitler on here ;)

LalTopi

I never said there was no atrocities or even bad things done. I'm just saying it wasn't all take and no give. You're also judging those standards with those of today.
Good. So the message is getting across, and the poll has done some good. Now if only UK schools can give a more balanced view of the colonial era, the British can start to understand better people from the third/second world. My experince is that either the colonial era is omitted altogether, in favour of romans, vikings and such or a rosy tinted view of colonialism is given - e.g. focus on Britain getting rid of slavery (which for the time was commendable), but not having mass produced slavery during the latter 18th century.

Scalieback

Professional
Good. So the message is getting across, and the poll has done some good.
Nothing like bigging yourself up is there? An insignificant poll on a largely biased website will do some good? Where and how exactly?

Now if only UK schools can give a more balanced view of the colonial era, the British can start to understand better people from the third/second world. My experince is that either the colonial era is omitted altogether, in favour of romans, vikings and such or a rosy tinted view of colonialism is given - e.g. focus on Britain getting rid of slavery (which for the time was commendable), but not having mass produced slavery during the latter 18th century.
I don't recall reading much if anything about the empire at school. Romans a bit, Tudors and Stuarts with Cromwell in the middle. The only thing about that era we were taught was about sending kids up chimneys, mills etc.

Everyone has a biased view on history, based on their upbringing and what they've been taught and what they've subsequently found out. The tin foil hat wearers will say it's all a conspiracy. The apologists will all say it was our fault. The nationalists will al say it was someone/other countries fault.

However, your poll will remain just that. A poll on an Indian website frequented by ... err ... Indians. such a poll on a Brit website would have entirely different results and how much attention would you pay to that? Raise an eyebrow? Snort in derision?

amitkriit

Nothing like bigging yourself up is there? An insignificant poll on a largely biased website will do some good? Where and how exactly?

I don't recall reading much if anything about the empire at school. Romans a bit, Tudors and Stuarts with Cromwell in the middle. The only thing about that era we were taught was about sending kids up chimneys, mills etc.

Everyone has a biased view on history, based on their upbringing and what they've been taught and what they've subsequently found out. The tin foil hat wearers will say it's all a conspiracy. The apologists will all say it was our fault. The nationalists will al say it was someone/other countries fault.

However, your poll will remain just that. A poll on an Indian website frequented by ... err ... Indians. such a poll on a Brit website would have entirely different results and how much attention would you pay to that? Raise an eyebrow? Snort in derision?
1. This is Indian Defence Forum, not an unbiased "British Site" which only provides the "Unbiased" British Opinion.
2. Hitler did not kill any Indians, British did, and the resulting sentiments have been reflected in the poll.

Scalieback

Professional
1. This is Indian Defence Forum, not an unbiased "British Site" which only provides the "Unbiased" British Opinion.
I never said a Brit site would be unbiased, read the posts. I said "such a poll on a Brit website would have entirely different results" meaning that a Brit site would be biased.

2. Hitler did not kill any Indians, British did, and the resulting sentiments have been reflected in the poll.
In other news the pope is confirmed as a catholic, the Colonel (Sanders) likes chicken and bears sh1t in the wood! ie You're speaking the obvious!

trackwhack

Nope, no and no

Some people on here are friendly enough. I'm still waiting for my apology from you though. Until then ..................
You have no honour Trackwhack. You know it and your blustering confirms it.

I'm no victim at all. Where have I said I am?

I'm an arrogant what? You can call me whatever names you like but your type is just that. No names, no action. PM me when you're in the UK and we'll meet up face to face and you can then call me whatever names you like. You won't like the response though ;)

My true colours? Proud of my country but realise mistakes were made? Can you say the same?
Internet clown throwing his digital white glove. how mature indeed.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I never said a Brit site would be unbiased, read the posts. I said "such a poll on a Brit website would have entirely different results" meaning that a Brit site would be biased.

In other news the pope is confirmed as a catholic, the Colonel (Sanders) likes chicken and bears sh1t in the wood! ie You're speaking the obvious!
Read a recent news item about one incident of plunder of Indian bullion (silver) from India which the bankrupt Brits are pulling out of sea what more evidences you want...

Scalieback

Professional
Internet clown throwing his digital white glove. how mature indeed.
Internet hardman going about his usual bullying ways! I can't wait to meet you and see what you're like without hiding behind your monitor.

I would say you are a person who pleasured themselves repeatedly, but that's being insulting to those who do pleasure themselves repeatedly.

Scalieback

Professional
Read a recent news item about one incident of plunder of Indian bullion (silver) from India which the bankrupt Brits are pulling out of sea what more evidences you want...
It's called conquering old boy. Now when you come over here and defeat what's left of our Army after the latest round of cuts, feel free to loot whatever baubles you want.

amitkriit

It's called conquering old boy. Now when you come over here and defeat what's left of our Army after the latest round of cuts, feel free to loot whatever baubles you want.
And then who will be the bad guys in your opinion? Mao?

Scalieback

Professional
And then who will be the bad guys in your opinion? Mao?
I said you as in India ie we conquered you. F#cks sake! (give me an emoticon on banging your head against a brick wall)

Why would Mao be a bad guy? He's dead. Or do you believe he is still alive?

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
That is the Old Way Tommy!

We Believe in Modern Version of Colonialism.

Buy out the UK Companies, Declare the Units as Sick, Break up the Machinery and Transport it back to India.

British Loose Jobs, Industrial Production While Indian Industrial Production Increases and Indians get Jobs and Yeah Export back to UK!

Aditya Birla Group plans to shut part of UK aluminium foil mill, relocate it to India - Economic Times

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles