Who is the most Evil individual from the 20th century ?

Most evil of the 20th Century

• Mao Zedong

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Joseph Stalin

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Adolf Hitler

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Winston Churchill

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Henry Kissinger

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Hirohito

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jinnah

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Pol Pot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Idi Amin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yahya Khan

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why there is reluctance to accept that Churchill was a bastard like many British rulers who ruthlessly exploited Indians beyond all limits only to raise his stature back home while standing on the countless dead bodies ?

Is British nationalistic feeling fueled by degree of monstrous remorselessness shown by its leaders towards subjects far in colonies?
Because you forget that Churchill was their war hero. His positives overshadow the negatives when looked from the British eye.

The way we are unable to look beyond cursing Churchill for the famine, the Britishers have their own myopia. The utopian situation would be for Indians to defend Churchill and British to fault him for his shortcomings. But I still hold the position, that we ourselves were equally responsible for the famine(the banias who hoarded the grains, the self-help groups which did not rise to the occasion, the provincial govt. which could not defend their case etc. etc.). There is a difference between forcibly killing people and providing less help during famine. Most of our arguments here are derived from Ms. Mukherjee's interpretation of the famine which in any case cannot be called unbiased.

trackwhack

This was what you said in post number 148

They're so insignificant, and yet you keep posting about them. Hmm... Reminded of their place? Where would that be then? Go on, post it
What specific instances can you recollect that allowed you to reconcile to the notion that I keep posting about them?

Or did you just pull that out of your hat?

Scalieback

Professional
So, the moderators opened the poll again for more Churchill bashing!!

May be we can let people cast multiple votes to reflect the intensity!
Seems a good choice on here. Still, I quite like him and for his time he did what he'd been brought up to do. How to think and act:Biography Sir Winston Churchill | Biography Online

Doesn't make it right, but makes it understandable imo.

See what freedom of speech has got us? :D I think we should sing: La Marseillaise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Because you forget that Churchill was their war hero. His positives overshadow the negatives when looked from the British eye.

The way we are unable to look beyond cursing Churchill for the famine, the Britishers have their own myopia. The utopian situation would be for Indians to defend Churchill and British to fault him for his shortcomings. But I still hold the position, that we ourselves were equally responsible for the famine(the banias who hoarded the grains, the self-help groups which did not rise to the occasion, the provincial govt. which could not defend their case etc. etc.). There is a difference between forcibly killing people and providing less help during famine. Most of our arguments here are derived from Ms. Mukherjee's interpretation of the famine which in any case cannot be called unbiased.
His argument against granting independence to India was that he does not want see Hindu uppercaste establish theocratic rule only to massacre muslims. He was real genius I must say.

Scalieback

Professional
This was what you said in post number 148

What specific instances can you recollect that allowed you to reconcile to the notion that I keep posting about them?

Or did you just pull that out of your hat?
From memory now, I'm talking about Arrse. Seems to be a little bee in your bonnet doesn't it?

Edited to add: We were talking about you posting this poll on there and Sakai Gharelu Ustad sums up what the Brits would in all probability think imo.

My challenge was to you to do it in your own name, not use Indian posters on Arrse. Have you done it yet?

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
His argument against granting independence to India was that he does not want see Hindu uppercaste establish theocratic rule only to massacre muslims. He was real genius I must say.
I did not say he was the best person born under the rule of crown. He was just another status-quoist, who believed in the white man's burden. But he lost the election badly after WW2 due to his stand on dismantling the empire. But how does holding the above view makes him the most evil?

trackwhack

From memory now, I'm talking about Arrse. Seems to be a little bee in your bonnet doesn't it?
So you cant find even a single instance where 'I keep posting about them'. adorning your posts with stale idioms wont help you here.

I reiterate, the 50 million living on that tiny island is of no significance to me. I dont feel the need to talk or debate about them or with them. You must stop assuming that everyone on this forum talks geopolitics based on 18th century maps.

Simply put I dont give a rats arse about ARRSE or brits. You are just too insignificant to be discussed.

So come up with something more intelligent that 'you keep posting about them'. Cause I dont.

Scalieback

Professional
So you cant find even a single instance where 'I keep posting about them'. adorning your posts with stale idioms wont help you here.
Oh dear, we still on this? You kept mentioning Arrse and posting this poll on there.

I reiterate, the 50 million living on that tiny island is of no significance to me. I dont feel the need to talk or debate about them or with them. You must stop assuming that everyone on this forum talks geopolitics based on 18th century maps.
I'm assuming very few things. However, I do have some assumptions about you ;)

Simply put I dont give a rats arse about ARRSE or brits. You are just too insignificant to be discussed.
So why post that you think this poll should go on Arrse then? At the least it shows they have piqued your interest

So come up with something more intelligent that 'you keep posting about them'. Cause I dont.
I think the above speaks very eloquently and shows considerable back pedalling by you.

Thank you for proving my point.

trackwhack

Edited to add: We were talking about you posting this poll on there and Sakai Gharelu Ustad sums up what the Brits would in all probability think imo.

My challenge was to you to do it in your own name, not use Indian posters on Arrse. Have you done it yet?

If I gave a shit about it, I would. The fact that I did not is enough to back my stance that you are insignificant and not worthy of my time. I suggested instead to my minions to post it there to get all the rabid pink nosed nationalists foaming at the teeth.

trackwhack

Oh dear, we still on this? You kept mentioning Arrse and posting this poll on there.

No, I mentioned it once

I'm assuming very few things. However, I do have some assumptions about you ;)

To unintelligent and not worth a retort

So why post that you think this poll should go on Arrse then? At the least it shows they have piqued your interest

Already explained

I think the above speaks very eloquently and shows considerable back pedalling by you.

Thank you for proving my point.

As always what can you expect from a brit that lost something? whine whine whine.
You accused me of something that you just couldnt prove. You are a simple liar. And thats not even name calling. You should claim victory now as i stop right here.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I did not say he was the best person born under the rule of crown. He was just another status-quoist, who believed in the white man's burden. But he lost the election badly after WW2 due to his stand on dismantling the empire. But how does holding the above view makes him the most evil?
I was not advocating his name for the title of most evil person. I didn't even vote on poll as I am still not able decide myself about what defines evilness apart from killing living creatures directly/indirectly. And concluding the degree of most evil or lesser evil is a arbitrary subject.

But I do not know a reason for which any Indian should be impressed by Churchill.

I have come across few individuals from UK who said that there was a time when British nationalistic feeling was derived from their remorselessness towards colonies. I am just trying to confirm if that is true ?

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I was not advocating his name for the title of most evil person. I didn't even vote on poll as I am still not able decide myself about what defines evilness apart from killing living creatures directly/indirectly. And concluding the degree of most evil or lesser evil is a arbitrary subject.

But I do not know a reason for which any Indian should be impressed by Churchill.

I have come across few individuals from UK who said that there was a time when British nationalistic feeling was derived from their remorselessness towards colonies. I am just trying to confirm if that is true ?
His writings are good and there is no doubt he was a prolific writer. Although biased but we can also give him some credit as a historian.

I completely agree with you that it is a completely subjective topic to vote upon. I myself have not voted on it due to this reason but excessive bashing forces me to chip in my 2 cents on the matter.

Scalieback

Professional
If I gave a shit about it, I would. The fact that I did not is enough to back my stance that you are insignificant and not worthy of my time. I suggested instead to my minions to post it there to get all the rabid pink nosed nationalists foaming at the teeth.
Your minions? Are you the 'grand fromage?' I thought Ray was?

As you're still going on about it, it clearly has some affect on you. Thank you for once again proving my point

Should I take offence at 'pink nosed nationalists?' Oh dear, sticks and stones ..............

Scalieback

Professional
You accused me of something that you just couldnt prove. You are a simple liar. And thats not even name calling. You should claim victory now as i stop right here.
err ....

No, I mentioned it once
Once before I responded or once before I called you on 'keep mentioning it' Have a look old boy

To unintelligent and not worth a retort
I'm sure you meant 'too' did you not?

Already explained
Was that about the pink noses?

As always what can you expect from a brit that lost something? whine whine whine.
Good retort, now where was it you said you never posted anything about Brit hating?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
His writings are good and there is no doubt he was a prolific writer. Although biased but we can also give him some credit as a historian.

I completely agree with you that it is a completely subjective topic to vote upon. I myself have not voted on it due to this reason but excessive bashing forces me to chip in my 2 cents on the matter.
It is a very sensitive topic, each to his own. Lets leave it there ;)

trackwhack

Scalie, you epitomize the stereotypes of today's Britain. Sulking, pained, defensive, deceitful, still clinging on to what used to be and failing to come to terms with the reality around you. It pleases me and many others immensely that Britishers are synonymous with these attributes. Good day.

Scalieback

Professional
Scalie, you epitomize the stereotypes of today's Britain. Sulking, pained, defensive, deceitful, still clinging on to what used to be and failing to come to terms with the reality around you. It pleases me and many others immensely that Britishers are synonymous with these attributes. Good day.
Sulking? Please give me an example
Pained? Please give me an example
Defensive? Please give me an example
Deceitful? Please give me an example
Clinging on? Please give me an example
Reality failing? Please give me an example

Should I come up with some synonymous attributes about Indians? On Indians based on the replies on here?

Nice throw away comments Trackwhack, that are not supported by anything. Nice to know democracy and debate is alive on here ;)

Don't let your failure in proving a point keep gnawing away at you old chap. It can only lead to frustration and anger ......

Oracle

Totally unnecessary. You have just stereotyped an entire Country with remarks unfair.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles