Which state are you from?

• Total voters

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
From Gujarat

Last edited by a moderator:

mki

I am from the state where some of indias best and worst people belong, and which is power house of india.......

the best people are gandi, sardar patel, morarji desai, N. modi, dr. homy bhabha, dr. vikram sarabhai, kavi narmad, ambani family, pathan brothers, N mongia, many cricketers and so on.... :hail:

worst people are.. harshad menta, parekh, shorabuddin, l.k.advani...... and many......:toilet:

my state people love garba, undhiu- dhokla, we are expert in shooting bulls eye in business, politics and share-market even we can sale sand in sahara dessert, but no strength in arms to take weapones and fight along side of our country-men..... :namaste:

I am from the state which have proud to be a part of india.... and will remain part of india regardless, other my country-men make fun of us as dal-bhat and big tummy people...... :mad:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I am from the state where some of indias best and worst people belong, and which is power house of india.......

the best people are gandi, sardar patel, morarji desai, N. modi, dr. homy bhabha, dr. vikram sarabhai, kavi narmad, ambani family, pathan brothers, N mongia, many cricketers and so on.... :hail:

worst people are.. harshad menta, parekh, shorabuddin, l.k.advani...... and many......:toilet:

my state people love garba, undhiu- dhokla, we are expert in shooting bulls eye in business, politics and share-market even we can sale sand in sahara dessert, but no strength in arms to take weapones and fight along side of our country-men..... :namaste:

I am from the state which have proud to be a part of india.... and will remain part of india regardless, other my country-men make fun of us as dal-bhat and big tummy people...... :mad:
another wanna be gujarati

:facepalm:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
bhai jo tane shanka hoy to hu tane amara kutumb ni vrukhsaveli samjavu....... aav ghare...... papadi ne chah kahiye......:taunt1:
mane thiki bhakri ane chundo, carry nu aathanu joiye :notsure:

mki

:notsure: tamari gujarati thodi kachi kem che?
karanke gujarati madhaym shaada choodi ne 10 varas thaya.......... aane 5 varas thi mari karmabhumi e matrubhumi ane janmabhumi thi jojano door che........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Shudh Gujarati bov Kum log bole chhe. Baaki badha slang. Who pun shudh Gujarati nathi bolto.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
karanke gujarati madhaym shaada choodi ne 10 varas thaya.......... aane 5 varas thi mari karmabhumi e matrubhumi ane janmabhumi thi jojano door che........
Shudh Gujarati bov Kum log bole chhe. Baaki badha slang. Who pun shudh Gujarati nathi bolto.
mane gujarati maa vaat karta saras aavde. :happy:

mki

gujarat ma pan 4-5 alag alag rite gujarati bolay che...... south gujarat ma alag, bharuch vadodara ma alag... kheda ma alag. ahmadabad ma alag, uttar gujarat ma alag ane surastra ma alag...... pachi kyathi suddha gujarati sambhadva made? lol

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The poll reflects the DRDO and PSU crowd..

Had your forum been popular amongst Forces, it would have represented entire India in more or less manner !

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@Yusuf is Bohra house similar to a Rajasthan Haveli?
I will not generalize to all Bohras as within the Bohra community different regions have different styles. The one I have showed is from my town Sidhpur.

The houses may look similar to Rajasthani houses from outside.

The houses in Sidhpur are made in a unique 5 part house. It's known as "Paanch Khun".
Ordo, Parsali, Aagli Parsali, Dehli and Chowk in that order from inside towards the main entrance door.

People with big space may have an outer courtyard called "Vaaro". All houses are made at an elevated night from street level. Some of the houses have a cellar too known as "bhoiru". This was to beat the heat with some well done ventilation system.

The five rooms are in one single line. I mean not like your 2 or 3 bhk houses whre you have living rooms and bedrooms. Privacy may be an issue as the rooms in line may or may not have doors. To reach the "Ordo" you will have to pass through the other four areas. Ordo is the biggest of all rooms and is a living cum bedroom. The Parsali is a kind of bedroom. The Aagli Parsali is like a living room. Any guests who visits is seated here. The first three areas are completely carpeted. The Dehli is an uncarpeted area. It has on the ceiling a square opening to let in natural light. This area so has a bathroom (there is only one in the house) and in one corner houses a "Paniyaru" which is a exquisite marble carved stand to keep the pot of drinking water.

The Chowk area is right at the entrance of the house. It houses a kitchen on one side and a toilet on another. It also has the utility washing area.

Just outside the door or the house are well made "Short" staircase. 2-3 steps with a platform kind of thing on either side of it called the "Pedhla". The ladies use to sit here towards the evening and do what they do best, gossip :rofl:.

All the houses have beams and pillars made of wood. Many of the houses which became in bad state of disrepair were taken down and the wood that came out of it is worth many Lakhs of rupees. All the houses have very exquisitely designed furniture all made of Burmese Teak. The knobs etc used have antique value and fetches a lot of money today. This type of furniture is quite difficult to replicate these days. You probably will not find that quality of wood.

My maternal grandfathers house is 125+ years old. It is in a bad shape right now but after all these years, it still stands on those wooden pillars and beam. It's a three floor house. The second and third floors are not the same as the first with Paanch Khun style. They have individual rooms.

I will try to hunt for pictures of interiors and post them if I find them.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles