What do you drive?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Chevrolet 'cruiz'ing in :

The Chevrolet Cruze will be rolled out from the company’s Halol plant.

The Chevrolet Cruze is expected to compete with the likes of Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla in the D segment, in the Indian market.

The Chevrolet Cruze will sport 15-inch wheels and a 2.0-liter diesel engine. However, the petrol variant will sport a 1.8 liter variable valve timing unit, and produce 130 HP. (The UK version of the Cruze offers 138 bhp – maybe the Indian one would too. Not sure right now.) The 2.0 liter diesel engine is likely going to be a 147 bhp beast. Even the Chevrolet Cruze’s 138 bhp petrol one would be a good match for the 138 bhp Civic in India.

The car is said to be roomy and spacious with a large glovebox, big door bins, and excellent centre console storage. In the photos of the Cruze, the car looks like a more solid sibling of the Chevrolet Optra Magnum diesel we have in India.

Like the Opel Insignia, the switchgear, steering wheel, stalks and headlamps of the Chevrolet Cruze give it a stylish look. The audio and climate control layout is also impressive. Considering that the Chevrolet Cruze is positioned against the popular Honda Civic and Corolla Altis in India, I will go out on a limb here and say that the driver’s cockpit is actually better than the Civic’s! That should be something. The car comes with a unique one-of-its-kind dual cockpit treatment – exactly what it is, I haven’t figured out yet!

My opinion, based on the photos that we have seen so far, is that the exterior of the car is not as remarkable.

A multinational team at GM DAT in Korea is responsible for the Chevrolet Cruze’s exteriors and interiors of the car. The Chevrolet Cruze is the first car from GM to be based on its new, global Delta platform.

Mr.Karl Slym, President and Managing Director of General Motors India Private Limited, also mentioned that the company has already set up three service stations and is intending to expand to 10-15 more by the end of 2009.

This has been possible because of the company’s collaboration with state-owned Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL). The plan is to set up Chevrolet service stations across the PSU’s petrol and diesel retail outlets.

Talking about the tie-up, Karl Slym said,”Reason for tieing up is the high-end customer service offered through its ‘V-Care’ initiative and the need to set up quick service stations, which do not require customers to leave their vehicles at the stations.”

GM is soon to set up a new powertrain facility at Talegaon and will be investing US$210 million for the same. Initially, the annual capacity of the plant will be 1,60,000 units. The plant will manufacture 1-1.5 litre petrol and diesel engines at the plant.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Check this TATA INDIGO MANZA. Damn sexy, isn't it? May be a H-City killer.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Tata Indigo Manza: First Drive

Photography: Kunal Khadse 14 Oct 2009

Sleekly styled, very well built and turned out with a poise and presence which is right up there, the new multi-faceted Indigo Manza is sure to stir up the hornet's nest which is the present day C-segment says Adil Jal Darukhanawala after an exclusive first drive

If ever one needs reminding as to how effectively Tata Motors has progressed as a car maker, one only needs to sense, see and experience its newest products. From the time the Indica Vista appeared on our roads, the going seems to have changed completely. The ground-breaking Nano seemed to indicate a whole new paradigm shift for the automotive world but Tata Motors didn't seem eager to step off the throttle pedal. And while a few yet seem to look at the Indian firm somewhat disparagingly, it is this determined drive which is so very indicative of an automobile firm eager to stand up and be counted in its peer group.

The latest Indigo Manza sedan is yet more proof of the above. And lest someone suggest that it is but an Indica Vista with a boot, it would be doing India's largest indigenous car maker and its latest product a huge disservice. The Indigo Manza is an all new sedan which like its Indo-Italian stablemate - the Fiat Linea, oozes grace and elegance and doesn't look at all as if the boot has been grafted on in a tacky manner.

If anything, the Indigo Manza (Manza supposedly means a little steer or a beautiful girl, chose what you want to believe), comes across as probably one of the best looking cars in a segment full of high profile machines strong on style and turnout. The Fiat Linea we have already mentioned but in the C-segment the Manza has also to battle the likes of the Honda City, the Ford Fiesta, the Hyundai Verna, the Chevy Aveo and the Suzuki Swift D?Zire and in the battle for making the best first impression, the Tata product does have its nose ahea

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I don't like the Manza.
Bad merging. The side profile is horrible.

sandeepdg

I drive a 98' Zen and sometimes get to drive the new Ford Fiesta that my dad just acquired..Small cars are the best bet in Delhi and NCR's traffic. My dream car is the Porsche 911 and the Jaguar XJ. British saloons are the classiest after all !

sandeepdg

My car 2009 Toyota Camry

wife/family car Toyota highlander

car i will soon be finished rebuilding 1995 Corvette
LF, how much does the 95' Corvette that you own cost back in the States ?? Also, the Corvette Stingray, any idea of its price ?

Emperor

Lamborghini Diablo :d

(WTF,its not taking replies less than 25 chars :D)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Thats a concept...I'm talking regulars.

Jarnee

I drive Swift dzire Diesel. 16Km/lt in city and 19 on Highway is what i have calculated.. I also have a old Santro zing petrol.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I used to drive Adreno Fx but recently bought WagonR...

amoy

Mine is Vios Toyota. Is it also available in India?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Alas Toyota Vios is not available in India. Its a great car though.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles