Watch J-20’s first outing at Zhuhai in 4K quality | Alert 5

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I think the engines are probably Chinese. Russian engines are smoky.

If you watch the video carefully (in post #1), the Chinese Chengdu J-20s emit no smoke during the flight at the Zhuhai Airshow.
Probably the reason I could call it a modified version of fighter, made by revival of MiG 1.44 design.

MiG 1.44 was an old project and J-20 is a modern fighter, so obviously J-20 will feature better capabilities.

My issue is resemblance in designs. IMO, either Chinese or Soviets must have jointly tried make 1.44 or Russians sold the design to PRC later. Simply, China knew about this design, otherwise there won't have been any such resemblance.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201611021047001359-china-j20-russia-mig-144/
You are wrong and I can prove it:

J-20 has a fuselage, so does mig 1.44
J-20 has canards, so does mig 1.44
J-20 has wings, so does mig 1.44
J-20 has a fuselage, so does mig 1.44
J-20 has a cockpit, so does mig 1.44
J-20 has a landingear, so does mig 1.44
J-20 burns jet fuel, so does mig 1.44

Hell, its a copy!!

< Indian logic > :clap2:
Indian Logic goes over overresemblance in designs, though fitted with modern systems.

Err..... Pakistani Logic on PakDef was the same as described by you to call LCA a copy of Mirage-2K.:D

Pandora

Country flag
What is not beautiful about it. See it flying, the aerial display speaks for itself.

You are such a hypocrite. Why don't you criticize your daddies for Tu-144 "Concordski" or Tu-160? What about Ilyushin-86 "airbuski"?
Buran rings a bell?
Remember Kfir and Lavi?
A pakistani and its logic is like Mad person talking about anger control.Just because you have daddies doesnt mean everyone so lucky.
Go check the aerial show of PAKFA ,F22 and F35 as an aviation enthusiastic ,not a son of china.You will see nothing great about this flying jet.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Here is why I get annoyed when someone ignorant claims the J-20 and the Mig 1.44 are similar.
Then comes my lame attempt to troll you by comparing 'Murican F-35B and Old Soviet Yak-41 and Here's your reply.
The F-35 has been a failure.

The space for the vertical fan exists on all three variants. This has lead to a less-stealthy F-35 design.

In contrast, the original unmodified F-35 prototype had a clean design. Now, the F-35 is lumpy and not stealthy.

Also, the addition of a gun above the left air duct is also not stealthy.

The F-35 lift-fan space in the middle of the fuselage has led to a wide fuselage and bulky wing-roots.

The F-35 is a compromised fighter and they really need to start over.
Now my Troll-o-meter shows this.

m-jeri

I disagree with fellow Indians.

Chinese did a admirable job. They are decades ahead of us in simple manufacturing terms. By hook or crook my friends.

Whether this jet performs or not, we need to wait till one of them is shot out of the sky.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I disagree with fellow Indians.

Chinese did a admirable job. They are decades ahead of us in simple manufacturing terms. By hook or crook my friends.

Whether this jet performs or not, we need to wait till one of them is shot out of the sky.
Agree, I don't know why Pakis grab each other's dicks and start a circle jerk at Chinese achievements, though.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
No. You are completely wrong.

China's J-20 is a stealth fighter. The Mig 1.44 was not.

China's J-20 has air intakes on the side. The Mig 1.44 has air intakes below its fuselage.

China's J-20 has DSI intakes. The Mig 1.44 does not.

China's J-20 has stealthy S-ducts (or serpentine ducts). The Mig 1.44 does not.

China's J-20 has angled vertical stabilizers for stealth. The Mig 1.44 does not.

China's J-20 has an AESA radar. The Mig 1.44 does not.

China's J-20 has planform alignment. The Mig 1.44 does not.

China's J-20 has its canards directly in front of its main wings. The Mig 1.44 has canards located at a higher elevation than its wings.

China's J-20 has internal weapon bays. The Mig 1.44 does not.

In conclusion, China's J-20 has no relation to the Mig 1.44. The only thing you can claim is that they are both delta-wing fighters. However, many aircraft worldwide are delta-wing fighters (such as the Eurofighter, the Rafale, the F-14 Tomcat, etc.).

J 20 is not a 5th generation plane. It does not have the engines used in 5th generation plane, No advance avionics, No weapons of 5th generation and neither RCS of 5th generation. Its project director is sacked recently for poor design. I doubt that it will get any customer except Pakistan like J 10.

SexyChineseLady

J 20 is not a 5th generation plane. It does not have the engines used in 5th generation plane, No advance avionics, No weapons of 5th generation and neither RCS of 5th generation. Its project director is sacked recently for poor design. I doubt that it will get any customer except Pakistan like J 10.
Sorry, everything you posted is untrue beginning with the supposed "sacking" of its project director who was actually promoted. Already proven many times in another thread as a sour grapes rumor concocted only in this forum by Indians and not reported as news by anyone else.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

when I bought a 4K Display I will watch the show, till then Amen

IndianHawk

Country flag
It's not stealth until it has a stealth engine.
J 20 with its two heavy burners will be detected whenever and wherever it flies.
That's not a criticism but a simple fact.

Similarly it has a very similar design as that of mig1.44 . Nobody can deny that obviously there have been changes. As there should be.

As for as stealth goes isn't it the Chinese who recently claimed to have developed a radar to render stealth useless :biggrin2:

Then why so jumpy about stealth. :bounce:

J20 has inherent shortcomings the so called curvature design is already being criticised to be a bit boxy. PAK FA is far more smooth.

AESA is not a 5 gen tech it's already there on Rafael and f16 block 60.

Will it supercruise with Chinese engines ??
No body is believing that. Yes Chinese engines will improve overtime. But for atleast next decade it remains a concept for 5th gen fighter with actual ability of 4-4.5 gen . :notbad:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Sorry, everything you posted is untrue beginning with the supposed "sacking" of its project director who was actually promoted. Already proven many times in another thread as a sour grapes rumor concocted only in this forum by Indians and not reported as news by anyone else.
Dear sexy lady nobody sane in entire world believes in Chinese state control media's authenticity so let's just leave it at that.

SexyChineseLady

Dear sexy lady nobody sane in entire world believes in Chinese state control media's authenticity so let's just leave it at that.
That's silly, then how did you know the project director of the J-20 was "sacked" if you don't believe in Chinese media?

Or was that just made up by Indians hoping for something wrong with the J-20? Most likely, you pick and choose Chinese news and imagine bad things to feel better about being so far behind.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
That's silly, then how did you know the project director of the J-20 was "sacked" if you don't believe in Chinese media?

Or was that just made up by Indians hoping for something wrong with the J-20? Most likely, you pick and choose Chinese news and imagine bad things to feel better about being so far behind.
Yup people chose Chinese news as it suits them because China is a authoritarian regime with captive media.
So you never know whats they are paddling is it news or is it propaganda.??

Unless a free and multi faceted media that not owned by Chinese govt evolves in china . Chinese news will never be credible.
And thus the rumor mill will keep spinning too

Akask kumar

can any one draw comparison of J20 with T-50..

in one O one battle with T-50 .. i think J-20 will go down because of poor agility..

keeping agility aside the rest of the specification of J-20 is close to that of T-50.. need ur views guies here..

republic_roi97

Country flag
Common my chinese brothers, make something by yourselves that you can claim to be your R&D. I am sure that the guys who developed Gun Powder and rockets hundreds of years ago are surely capable of doing there own R&D, :biggrin2:

BTW, a few more reports,
China proudly debuts its new stealth jet it built 'by hacking into US computers and stealing plans'
  • Two of the stealth planes carried out a flyby demonstration at an air show
  • Analysts said the brief and cautious J-20 routine answered few questions
  • Previous reports claimed the design was similar to US fighter planes
  • Earlier this year Chinese national, Su Bin, 51, was sent to prison for his part in stealing US military plans, include plans for the F-35 and F-22 fighter jets
  • But experts say it is too early to tell if the J-20 matches the capabilities of American fighter planes
And a report from Russia Today, China's so-called "ally":-

New Chinese stealth jet built with stolen F-35 component designs

China Accused of Designing PLA Aircraft by Copying, 'Referencing' Other Countries’ Fighters
This last one is from Yibada, chinese agency.

One more:-
China debuts J-20 stealth fighter jet thought to be based on stolen US designs

republic_roi97

Country flag
And J-20 uses Russian smokey AL-31F engines that are used in Su-27 and the prototype engine, WS-10G, you can learn more about it here:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang_WS-10#Variants

Also, the WS-10 is not yet fully functional, let alone WS-15 or WS-20, these engines are suffering with reliability issues because of which the Chinese have bought 2 dozen Su-35 to use there engines, which are
AL-31F1S(117S), into J-20.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_AL-31#117S

But I won't troll anybody on that, because engine development is the hardest step in making an aircraft bothe the Americans and russians always have difficulties to develop new engines, Pak Fa might have new engines not before 2025.

GTM900

I think the J20 is a highly refined version of Mig 1.44. Had the Soviet union not collapsed and continued the project the J20 is what the Mig 1.44 would have looked like today.

Akask kumar

But what about these news from Sputnik ? These claim J-20 is a derivative of Mig 1.44 with added stealth features and some design changes too.

Separated At Birth? China's J-20 Stealth Jet Looks Just Like MiG Prototype

Forgotten Russian MiG Resurrected as New Chinese 5th Generation Jet?
has any Paki accepted that they sponsor terrorism (but the rest of the world knows that) similarly has any chinese accepted their reverse engineering work.. No ..

there is no point in "Reading a book to a Buffalo"..

what do they say about their CH-4b uav?? doesnt it looks like US Reaper drones were eating noodles in captivity and after few years it morphed into Chinese CH-4...[pun intended]:bplease:

what my chinese firends have to say about this??..

republic_roi97

Country flag
has any Paki accepted that they sponsor terrorism (but the rest of the world knows that) similarly has any chinese accepted their reverse engineering work.. No ..

there is no point in "Reading a book to a Buffalo"..

what do they say about their CH-5 uav?? doesnt it looks like predator drones were eating noodles in captivity and after few years it morphed into Chinese CH-5...[pun intended]:bplease:

what my chinese firends have to say about this??..
Exactly, but you see, mentioning these things are the best way to troll them hard. Although they still think that these jets are "technically" chinese, they have no idea. These jets are not chinese, its communist party to whome, it pilots have their allegience not china and its soil. So, technically, these are CCP Jets. :biggrin2:.
Proof:- Well Indian Army is called Indian Army, Pakistani Army is called Pakistani Army, American Army is called US Army, but chinese army is called "People's Liberation Army", airforce "People's Liberation Army Air Force" and navy "People's Liberation Army Navy", where is Chinese in that ?????

Global Defence

New threads

Articles