Votes: 51 49.5%
  • ≤ 10

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • ≤ 15

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
The girl in thumbnail is K-Pop star Tzuyu (originally from Taiwan). This video is from "Idol Star Athletics Championships (ISAC)" which seems to be olympics for celebrities, seems like good idea to popularize sports (or may be not).

Exactly.

Time to get selmon boi to challenge Punia and Dahiya.
Or get cricketers to try out different sports for a reality show.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Rods are different from rors they are not same. Just cause they sound similar they are not same.
as for Colonel , i am not talking about officers , fighting group ( soldiers ) mostly belong to Rajput & jat's, it's a fixed class regiment.
I thought that was purely on the basis of region and not on caste

“Composing or grouping the individuals of common region as the source of recruitment is for administrative convenience and common training/operational requirements,” it said.

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
South Korean are the most aesthetic people on this planet. They will go to any length to look like this from plastic surgery to putting a kg of makeup on there face. Not good in my opinion.

Thats not the point.

I don't care if the entire kpop contest is a farce.
What's required is to create interest among people for a sport then monetize it.

Koreans are using their k-pop craze for this purpose.

Interest among people will drive investment and creation of local leagues etc.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Exactly.

Time to get selmon boi to challenge Punia and Dahiya.
Or get cricketers to try out different sports for a reality show.
Agreed, our sportsmen and celebrities are not doing enough to popularize other sports. The air time of disgusting reality shows like Big boss that give platform to useless imbeciles must be reduced and such sport based shows must get more air time.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Thats not the point.

I don't care if the entire kpop contest is a farce.
What's required is to create interest among people for a sport then monetize it.

Koreans are using their k-pop craze for this purpose.

Interest among people will drive investment and creation of local leagues etc.
Sporting culture has become even more necessary in this day and age when most of our younger generation is busy in putting on lipstick, makeup and doing Mujra on Tiktok like useless imbeciles.

warriorextreme

Country flag
South Korean are the most aesthetic people on this planet. They will go to any length to look like this from plastic surgery to putting a kg of makeup on there face. Not good in my opinion.
K-pop culture seems cringe to me (you guessed it right, I am 30+) but at least they are using it to keep sporting culture relevant is and that lacking in India. Imbecile (my favourite word for today) celebrities are busy playing Celebrity Cricket Leagues to popularize an already famous sport.

SKC

Country flag
Man, this time it is looking like too much NARROW MISSES are happening.
Golpher girl narrowly missed.
Wrestler narrowly missed.
Marry Kom narrowly missed.
Girls hockey narrowly missed.
If I am not and I don't know yet but the javelin guy too will narrowly miss.

I want to ask,What the heck? and why so much narrow misses? The wrestler if I am not wrong his coach was banned.
Neeraj bhai se keh kar ek Javelin tumhari gaan mai dalwana padega!

SKC

Country flag
Standard for all sport should be increased.

Players in India don't get much exposures as Indian Standers for sports are very low. Athletes don't get to face constant Olympic level challenge and hence theirs standard remain low.

India has 800 districts approx so we must have spotting facilities In each of them.

At the very least Gov should make sure there is at least 1 of each stadium below.

Cricket- BCCI must make an effort along with ICC to get T20 format enlisted in Tokyo.

Football- We Already have stadium in most district just need to upgrade them.

Badminton- These can be made Indoors so multi storey building can incorporate 4 courts.

Boxing- They can also be built into multi storey building to house several Rings.

Tennis- This is one sport that is lacking in rural areas.

Ping pong- Don't need much space just need to organise a competitive selection.
Get better coaches.
Already this time sports with PHOREN coaches performed much much better than with the local coaches.

These local coached are all silver, bronze medalist from Asian games. They "DON'T KNOW NO" sh*t about modern techniques and often do selection based on who sends them big money under the table.

Stop making medal winners as coaches in the academies. Medal winners are 99% not suitable for coaching.

SKC

Country flag
Is uwe hon the one who has gone for 100m in javelin throw.Oh he was from east german a pro india country back then.He even exposed the sai authorities and our babu dom system for bad result in olympics. Thanks to jsw neeraj was sent to germany .
The Diet factor is real.

The meals prepared and given to Athletes in various national academies is illogical and not decided based on the sports being taught in that academy.
Different sports needs different diet and diet plans. They often gives all athletes common food in these academies.

SKC

Country flag
Bandhuon, uwe hohn is not current coach.
Although wo banda boHot aacha player tha apna time pe.
He was a east german athelete and threw 100 metres ones.
His record is from pre era of Javelin. After his record throw in 1984, Olympic committee decided to make changes in the Javelin and changes were done to the techniques and Javelin stick itself.
After that the new record is below 100 mtr.

Longewala

Country flag
Hosting Olympics is a bad bad idea.

Few few countries are even looking at it.

Cities are winning by default since no other city is applying.
Cost of hosting Olympics: 15bn

Cost of TRIPLING India sports budget over the entire next decade PLUS building Catobar INS Vishal is less than that.

I would have thought better idea is to convince China to host it every four years and build INS Vishal

srevster

Country flag
How can India improve in sports?

India needs to stop the heroism approach and focus on process innovation. Indian approach to sports is results oriented and not focused on reproducibility. What do I mean by this? Someone who is able to bring home a medal typically has the latent talent identified, is paired up with the best amenities and given a fighting chance. However there is no systemic method to groom these latent abilities by creating a repeatable process.

what is process innovation? Process innovation is typically a method to improve process where the sporting infrastructure develops institutional memory to create champions. This means building infrastructure that is not beholden to individual coaches or athletes but a culture where sports science, bio mechanics, informatics and computer vision are all introduced to provide mathematical, statistical and evidence based training methodologies to athletes based on diet.

the problem with Indian sports are that champions are elevated and given disproportionate attention and resources. This creates a culture of heroism and hero worship. This is not a scalable strategy since the results the hero creates is not repeatable. India is stuck in the result oriented approach with hero celebration. This creates false positives in the sense that we have a sporting culture. The PHOEREN coaches are probably introducing the idea of process innovation but we need Indian sporting infrastructure to develop native talent to create this mindset.

the goal is to democratize performance in sports by creating systemic methods and infrastructure to extract higher performance for average atheles. India cannot depend on latent talent to secure top spots at olympics. Statistically these will be one offs. The other benefit of institutional sporting memory is that the average performance will be close to world class athletes and the latent superstars will dominate.

thats my 2 cents

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles