The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pmaitra

8 hours is like crazy. The level of fitness of this chinese cop is just wow.

Anyway, I didn't feel my legs being used much. Mostly I felt the burn on my abs and shoulder muscles and a bit on the hamstrings, I guess.
Everyone has abs. Some have really strong abs. The trick is to lose that layer of fat to expose those abs. Now, what works for one person, might not work for the other.

What are your goals? Get a good trainer, and take his advice.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Everyone has abs. Some have really strong abs. The trick is to lose that layer of fat to expose those abs. Now, what works for one person, might not work for the other.

I am not looking for some poster-boy 8-pack ab section. A decent layer of fat is okay.
I'm looking for that right combination of high strength and high endurance.
Long term goal= Be fit, healthy, strong; Go through the 100 man kumite.

pmaitra

I am not looking for some poster-boy 8-pack ab section. A decent layer of fat is okay.
I'm looking for that right combination of high strength and high endurance.
Long term goal= Be fit, healthy, strong; Go through the 100 man kumite.
Most models who feature in the magazine spreads actually go through a week of calibrated food intake with lots of cardio, which burns up a lot of fat rapidly, thus exposing the 6 or 8 packs. Once the photo-shoot is done, they go back to their normal routine, i.e. working out well, and eating well.

Some bodybuilders go through a period of steroid intake a month or two before a contest, to get those cuts, and then again, go back to non steroid routine.

Do good research, make wise choices, and remember, Rome was not built in a day!

What is "100 man kumite?"

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Most models who feature in the magazine spreads actually go through a week of calibrated food intake with lots of cardio, which burns up a lot of fat rapidly, thus exposing the 6 or 8 packs. Once the photo-shoot is done, they go back to their normal routine, i.e. working out well, and eating well.

Some bodybuilders go through a period of steroid intake a month or two before a contest, to get those cuts, and then again, go back to non steroid routine.

:hmm:
In anycase, I hate modern body-builders. I don't want to post those pics coz they are so repulsive. What men should look for is functional strength and endurance.

100 man kumite: In Karate, kumite is a full contact sparring session. No gloves, no protection (except the balls of course) and no punches to face (but kick to face perfectly legal). Each person is usually 2 min long session. And you'll have to go through 100 fresh karatekas without a break. In is an extreme test of strength and endurance.

pmaitra

In anycase, I hate modern body-builders. I don't want to post those pics coz they are so repulsive. What men should look for is functional strength and endurance.

100 man kumite: In Karate, kumite is a full contact sparring session. No gloves, no protection (except the balls of course) and no punches to face (but kick to face perfectly legal). Each person is usually 2 min long session. And you'll have to go through 100 fresh karatekas without a break. In is an extreme test of strength and endurance.
Awesome. That is also a good thing to do. Good luck man. We do have kick-boxing at my gym, but I never joined. I used to do sledge-hammers though. It's pretty fun.

Good luck with martial arts. That builds strength and reflexes.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Awesome. That is also a good thing to do. Good luck man. We do have kick-boxing at my gym, but I never joined. I used to do sledge-hammers though. It's pretty fun.

Good luck with martial arts. That builds strength and reflexes.
And importantly discipline, w/o which man is just mud.

Also, in a 2 minute kumite session there is no hopping around and such, as in boxing matches. They go straight to it, with the punches and kicks.

Example:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

IIRC Mas Oyama was the pioneer of the 100-man kumite tradition; he had vowed not to return alive from Olympics when Karate was included in it, if he failed that challenge there.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
IIRC Mas Oyama was the pioneer of the 100-man kumite tradition; he had vowed not to return alive from Olympics when Karate was included in it, if he failed that challenge there.
Yes, that's right. Oyama Masutatsu sensei, founder of Kyokushin Karate did the first 100 man kumite (at least in modern times)
He did 100 man kumite each day for three consecutive days in his first try. He is a legend.

The Last Stand

Country flag
:wtf:

http://sputniknews.com/videoclub/20160515/1039638608/mao-weidong-plank-record.html

I took his suggestion and for first time in my life I tried the plank. I managed a pathetic measly 5min 7secs.

@pmaitra @OneGrimPilgrim @raja696 (boxers do plank for abs)
How do you guys fare?
I can do about 3 mins at a time, maybe 3 or 4 times an hour. The strain is extremely bad, especially on my weak front limbs (shoulders). Leg burning is non-existent. IIRC, leg muscles are supposed to be 3-4 times stronger, so this should be expected.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I can do about 3 mins at a time, maybe 3 or 4 times an hour. The strain is extremely bad, especially on my weak front limbs (shoulders). Leg burning is non-existent. IIRC, leg muscles are supposed to be 3-4 times stronger, so this should be expected.
Yes, leg is quite strong. They carry our bodyweight all day long.

Now when you do plank keep back straight so as to put stress on abs. Yes, abs and shoulders hurt. :)

Keep trying. Gambareyo!!!

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
If anyone wants to try bodyweight workouts I seriously suggest www.darebee.com. They have multiple workout plans. Its free. I've been doing them along with running in the morning. I've managed to reduce 10kgs in 2 months.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag

===============================================================================
Check #1 ---- Red Hair.
#2----- Bright Red Lip Paint.
#3----- Big Glass( not hipster)
4#----- Ugly and Fat as fuk. ( @@)
Conclusion- ------ Western Feminist Detected.
o_Oo_O:shock::shock::confused1::confused1::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

These ab muscles are normal muscles in human body so it's always there.A person who has not done any abs workout(physical activity) has almost no visible abs even if his body fat % is less BUT it can be termed as "mild abs".So those "really strong" abs can't come out without proper abs workout.

As a general rule fat % needs to be <10% so that abs is visible.

For models/celebrities, just for example see below about how much was needed for Farhan Akhtar in Bhag Milkha, almost same routines were done by Hritik,SRK,Amir who have one of the best abs and proper "abs" as per definition.

About bodybuilding, steroids alone can hardly give any effect unless a stringent diet and workout schedule is added.Steroids alone can actually backfire and hurt organs permanently.Some bodybuilders can keep decent abs all the time if not fully chiseled , the reason is that one needs to cut Water+Carbs+Sodium(to a very dangerous level for some days) for making the paper thin skin so all the muscle structure+fibers+veins are visible.That stringent control is not possible in longer term and neither healthy.In those days the body fat can go down to <5%.

btw some "experienced" people can create and also maintain good abs without steroids but that's another story. :wink: :playball:

Rock-ji, you have not responded to my comment in the Chit Chat Thread.
Which one? :hmm:

I was bee-jeee for some time. :juggle: :spy:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
If anyone wants to try bodyweight workouts I seriously suggest www.darebee.com. They have multiple workout plans. Its free. I've been doing them along with running in the morning. I've managed to reduce 10kgs in 2 months.

OMG....what a LOSER you are literally :rofl:

lol jk... good job you have done and that's a decent speed to lose weight ie. 5 kg/month.More than that is not a healthy one since the skin can loosen up quickly and could not adjust to the body frame.

btw what was your starting weight and what's your goal weight?

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
OMG....what a LOSER you are literally :rofl:

lol jk... good job you have done and that's a decent speed to lose weight ie. 5 kg/month.More than that is not a healthy one since the skin can loosen up quickly and could not adjust to the body frame.

btw what was your starting weight and what's your goal weight?
I used to weight 76 Kgs, now I weight 66. I'm not obese before, so no problem of loose skin and all. My goal weight is 64 Kgs.

pmaitra

These ab muscles are normal muscles in human body so it's always there.A person who has not done any abs workout(physical activity) has almost no visible abs even if his body fat % is less BUT it can be termed as "mild abs".So those "really strong" abs can't come out without proper abs workout.
Not everyone has strong abs, but if one works out hard enough to lose that belly fat, it will not only help cut down the fat, it will also develop those abs.

As a general rule fat % needs to be <10% so that abs is visible.
True.

For models/celebrities, just for example see below about how much was needed for Farhan Akhtar in Bhag Milkha, almost same routines were done by Hritik,SRK,Amir who have one of the best abs and proper "abs" as per definition.
Guess how they get big so quickly? It is steroids.

About bodybuilding, steroids alone can hardly give any effect unless a stringent diet and workout schedule is added.Steroids alone can actually backfire and hurt organs permanently.Some bodybuilders can keep decent abs all the time if not fully chiseled , the reason is that one needs to cut Water+Carbs+Sodium(to a very dangerous level for some days) for making the paper thin skin so all the muscle structure+fibers+veins are visible.That stringent control is not possible in longer term and neither healthy.In those days the body fat can go down to <5%.
Steroid alone cannot give a good physique. It needs to be coupled with heavy exercise. Steroids give that extra boost, which the normal steroid production of a human body cannot provide. That is why, natty builders take a lifetime to build their bodies, while movie stars get it in about a year.

I have nothing against those that use steroids. You are correct. Steroids can damage the organs. I don't do steroids. I will say one thing though - discipline - which @Razor also mentioned. Natty builders prove that they are disciplined.

btw some "experienced" people can create and also maintain good abs without steroids but that's another story. :wink: :playball:

Milkha Singh was an awesome athlete. You should read the post by @Singh about Type 1 and Type 2 muscles. It is in this thread.

Which one? :hmm:

I was bee-jeee for some time. :juggle: :spy:
This one: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/chit-chat-thread.4046/page-525#post-1165991

pmaitra

Wow. This is interesting.

So, juicers who do not exercise still gain muscle.

The men treated with testosterone but no exercise had an increase of 3.2 kg in fat-free mass,and those in the placebo-plus-exercise group had an increase of 1.9 kg.
The men in the testosterone-alone and placebo-plus-exercise groups had significant increases in the one-repetition maximal weights lifted in the squatting exercises, averaging 19 percent and21 percent, respectively.
So, non-exercising juicers will still gain 50% more muscle than natural builders, but will only gain 10% more strength.

No wonder they say, no pain, no gain.

P.S.: The article mentioned researchers. A link to that research would have been better.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles