The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rashna

Country flag
Actually this is something we had going on in another thread where the topic had moved towards religion and @indiandefencefan told me and another member @genius should keep the discussion "civil" and i told him that by any standard what we were having was by far the most civil discussion on that thread... because nobody warns another member who is constantly ranting and misusing his liberty by being uncouth and uncivil...( that's what happens when you use crude language, people are scared to even warn you whereas nice people get warned)So we were just joking a bit about that... By the way my thread was merged with this fitness thread,... and i had posted that i don't want it merged here because i am interested in discussing health related issues not particularly about fitness as in gym.. Can you unmerge it?

We could discuss how corrugated metal sheets are manufactured, or how bot flies reproduce, amongst other things, under the excuse of civil liberties.

Alternatively, we could stick to the topic.

This is a physical fitness thread, not "my favourite food" thread. We have another thread for that. He is free to exercise his civil liberties there.

Your other post is fine.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
didn't know we had a physical fitness thread too here! good good. but i would concur with Rashna ji, the 'health & well-being' thread shouldn't be merged with this one. the latter category encompasses more than only physical fitness.

pmaitra

Actually this is something we had going on in another thread where the topic had moved towards religion and @indiandefencefan told me and another member @genius should keep the discussion "civil" and i told him that by any standard what we were having was by far the most civil discussion on that thread... because nobody warns another member who is constantly ranting and misusing his liberty by being uncouth and uncivil...So we were just joking a bit about that... By the way my thread was merged with this fitness thread,... and i had posted that i don't want it merged here because i am interested in discussing health related issues not particularly about fitness as in gym.. Can you unmerge it?
The threads cannot be unmerged. Please refer to the first sub-header in this post.

This thread is not for sharing with others what junk food we eat. One or two off topic posts don't matter, but we need to make sure we don't derail the thread.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
in that case, a well-being tip here, which i used successfully y'day, to relieve a headache......kept sipping on water, ate a banana, drank a glass of cold coffee, and sat for a while calmly with half-open eyes like the Buddha (PBUH), and the hammering in my head reduced significantly within 10-15 minutes, and later ceased completely.
the above tips are generally recommended to take care of a usual headache. just be a bit careful with the coffee, esp. if consuming at night.

Rashna

Country flag
My thread is lost here.... There are so many pages before this.... and my thread is totally unrelated to this gym thread... i don't know why it was merged in the first place. So many threads are surviving which have long since outlived their utility but mine was merged..

I will not derail my own thread but sometimes we digress, we are human. I will try to reduce the frequency of off topic posts.

The threads cannot be unmerged. Please refer to the first sub-header in this post.

This thread is not for sharing with others what junk food we eat. One or two posts off topic posts don't matter, but we need to make sure we don't derail the thread.

pmaitra

My thread is lost here.... There are so many pages before this.... and my thread is totally unrelated to this gym thread... i don't know why it was merged in the first place. So many threads are surviving which have long since outlived their utility but mine was merged..

I will not derail my own thread but sometimes we digress, we are human. I will try to reduce the frequency of off topic posts.
It was merged because your thread was discussing healthy foods, and we already had discussion on healthy foods in the existing gym Physical Fitness Thread. Please read the first sub-heading again (link already provided).

FYI, lots of threads have been merged. Obviously, many don't get merged. This is not deliberate. We don't have infinite time for housekeeping.

Rashna

Country flag
Ok hope that makes somebody happy, i definitely am not.:doh:

It was merged because your thread was discussing healthy foods, and we already had discussion on healthy foods in the existing gym Physical Fitness Thread. Please read the first sub-heading again (link already provided).

FYI, lots of threads have been merged. Obviously, many don't get merged. This is not deliberate. We don't have infinite time for housekeeping.

pmaitra

Ok hope that makes somebody happy, i definitely am not.:doh:
I have given you a link. I cannot force you to read it.

If I see multiple threads with the same discussion, I will merge them, unless you provide explicit instruction in the opening post, and I repeat, in the opening post.

Rashna

Country flag
I will start another thread and post my health related stuff there and please don't merge it....

I have given you a link. I cannot force you to read it.

If I see multiple threads with the same discussion, I will merge them, unless you provide explicit instruction in the opening post, and I repeat, in the opening post.

pmaitra

I will start another thread and post my health related stuff there and please don't merge it....
Yes, please do that, and please make sure you specify what the thread is meant for in the opening post. Remember, we don't want the same discussion happening in multiple threads.

Rashna

Country flag
Thanks i will do that.......................................................:)

Yes, please do that, and please make sure you specify what the thread is meant for in the opening post. Remember, we don't want the same discussion happening in multiple threads.

indiandefencefan

Country flag
This is not a "how to get fat and die of heart attack" thread.

"Food junkie" sounds like a polite way of saying "junk-foodie."
Please check out posts #451 and #452 ....... it was just a dare(of sorts) something related to another thread we were in. :yo:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What is better? Gym or home training like push-ups etc.

I understand if you want to shave your chest and show those abs, may be hitting the gym will pay off quickly but if you are looking for maintaining health probably doing stuff at home should suffice. A mix of running, push-ups and other core exercise should deliver the benefits. Not to leave out yogasana.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
one could literally devise a variety of danda and press-ups with some creativity. use them with some effective breathing and execution techniques diligently, and you will really experience a swell in your strength, endurance, and even the mind-muscle/body connection and physical-mental relaxation.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

i had read (i think in the autobiography of master Gichin Funakoshi) about a Judo master/practitioner who had once fallen out of the balcony of a second or third floor office in an earthquake, and survived the fall with a broken forearm or just some bruises (practising various falls and quickly getting up forms one of the basics of Judo).

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Not a Gym guy as of now but been a runner, started of as 1600 mts,then 5 k and now a full fledged 10 K.Next step is to half Marathon.

Schedule - 5 days week with a mix of speed training and 3 SLD (slow long distance),Beam and Dand Baithak.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles