The Agni-3 Vs Agni-5 Conundrum and some Questions

I am otm shank

You are all over the place and make no sense.
From what little I could decipher from your babbling, you are asking me to discuss Indian weapons with 1.8 million Pakistanis? The type of, response I will get you wouldn't want to read.
Despite living in england I'm not suprised you can't comprehend English. You pakis were never ones to integrate.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Check this Agni 2 missile RV

Now lets see what else we have achieved with others.

ISRO put 20 satellite in one go. Please remember sending 20 satellite in correct orbit is very difficult then putting 6 RVs into actual target with 10 meter CEP

showing all location of payload in PSLV

here is the actual pic

So your assumption regarding Agni series not launching MIRV is wrong.
Agni-2 warhead was India's first attempt of increasing accuracy via post separation attitude correction system and wasn't MIRV. Was too narrow to have more than one warhead.
The movable fins used to actuate after re-entry, making small course corrections repeatedly, to avoid over stressing the system . Obviously the system worked only within atmosphere or from 60 Km altitude and below, so very large corrections couldn't be made.
It has striking resemblance with Chinese DF-31 warhead assembly.
Despite being much larger than Agni, the DF-31 Doesn't carry MIRV.
DF-31_3.jpg

iEEMl.jpg

I am otm shank

as a drdo project manager I'll answer your questions about the most highly sensitive indian national security matters if you answer my two questions first

why do the majority of pakistani marry their cousins?

why (to a lesser extent) so many paki men marry their nieces?

incest is only natural to dogs and pigs...

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
There are no missiles with MIRV and Triangular nose cone.
I think I have clarified that on first page.
The warhead in that picture wasn't fictional or from Agni specially either. You can arrange small warheads in conical shape inside a bigger one if they are canted.

Other thing, Agni 6 won't have cone most probably, it will be like other modern ICBMs.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
I think I have clarified that on first page.
The warhead in that picture wasn't fictional or from Agni specially either. You can arrange small warheads in conical shape inside a bigger one if they are canted.

Other thing, Agni 6 won't have cone most probably, it will be like other modern ICBMs.
Stop arguing with that asshole.....typical pakis..

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
@safriz Any technical or sensitive information about missiles is known to a handful of guys...Any information available on net is either cooked or estimates.....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
You were discussing the RV nose cone design, here

If you look at other MIRV capable ICBM you will notice that all have bi-conical or elliptical nose cone. There are no missiles with MIRV and Triangular nose cone.
Agni in it's current form has pure triangular nose cone and will need bi-conical or parabolic nose cone to make way for MIRV of strategic yeild. There is no point in throwing half a dozen small tactical nuclear warheads on your enemy as that won't do much . The MIRV, all of them should be large enough to have strategic level blast and hence nose cone must have enough space.
when told you that India has bi conical design, with proof, instead of RV nose cone, you jump to other aspect of RV.

Agni-2 warhead was India's first attempt of increasing accuracy via post separation attitude correction system and wasn't MIRV. Was too narrow to have more than one warhead.
The movable fins used to actuate after re-entry, making small course corrections repeatedly, to avoid over stressing the system . Obviously the system worked only within atmosphere or from 60 Km altitude and below, so very large corrections couldn't be made.
It has striking resemblance with Chinese DF-31 warhead assembly.
Despite being much larger than Agni, the DF-31 Doesn't carry MIRV.
View attachment 12915

View attachment 12916
Now you have problem with RV fins in Agni 2 missile..................:blah:

Since Agni 2 was for China and Pakistanis had problems with fins, for this purpose we made Agni1 missile for Pakistan, that too without fins..............:pound: here for you.

here SFC testing Agni1 missile

Just for records Agni 1 missile was made in 4 months................

if you still have problem with RV, we got news for you, DRDO has consider your objections and have decided to make Agni 1P (Prime or Pakistan) take your pick for name. This will be very accurate and lightweight, mostly to take out bunkers of NCA spread across Pakistan.

Last edited:

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You were discussing the RV nose cone design, here

when told you that India has bi conical design, with proof, instead of RV nose cone, you jump to other aspect of RV.

Now you have problem with RV fins in Agni 2 missile..................:blah:

Since Agni 2 was for China and Pakistanis had problems with fins, for this purpose we made Agni1 missile for Pakistan, that too without fins..............:pound: here for you.

here SFC testing Agni1 missile

Just for records Agni 1 missile was made in 4 months................

if you still have problem with RV, we got news for you, DRDO has consider your objections and have decided to make Agni 1P (Prime or Pakistan) take your pick for name. This will be very accurate and lightweight, mostly to take out bunkers of NCA spread across Pakistan.
hi,

elongated bi conical design of Agni-2 is too narrow for housing MIRV.. Thats the only thing you mentioned,or was there something else?
I also posted the elongated bi-conical design of DF-31 of china which is similar to Agni 1 - 2, and doesnt carry MIRV, despite being larger.

Agni-1 did not have course correction , thats why fins were attached to RV on agni-2.
i an not sure what exactly you are trying to say here?

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You also mentioned PSLV?
But thats a 44 meter tall vehicle of 295 tons which carries "Only" 3.8 Tons max. The same dimensions cannot be applied on Missiles as there are too many weight and size restrictions. No such restrictions on satellite launch vehicles. So i guess comparison of the two is inappropriate.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
hi,

elongated bi conical design of Agni-2 is too narrow for housing MIRV.. Thats the only thing you mentioned,or was there something else?
I also posted the elongated bi-conical design of DF-31 of china which is similar to Agni 1 - 2, and doesnt carry MIRV, despite being larger.

Agni-1 did not have course correction , thats why fins were attached to RV on agni-2.
i an not sure what exactly you are trying to say here?
you have no idea what you are saying, Agni 2 was produce before Agni1, Agni 2 is old design, with fins, it was made and design in 1980s and Agni 1 was made in early 2000.

Regarding the second part, what i am trying to say is that we have both type of designs, for RV nose. Cone and bi conicals. Testing MIRV is only matter of time.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
You also mentioned PSLV?
But thats a 44 meter tall vehicle of 295 tons which carries "Only" 3.8 Tons max. The same dimensions cannot be applied on Missiles as there are too many weight and size restrictions. No such restrictions on satellite launch vehicles. So i guess comparison of the two is inappropriate.
have you even read the post where PSLV was mentioned, read again and then comment, if you can understand what is said in that post.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
y

Regarding the second part, what i am trying to say is that we have both type of designs, for RV nose. Cone and bi conicals. Testing MIRV is only matter of time.
Yes but Pakistan too has a Missile with bi-Conical nose cone and it doesn't carry MIRV. Shown in this rather flashy video.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Yes but Pakistan too has a Missile with bi-Conical nose cone and it doesn't carry MIRV. Shown in this rather flashy video.

where did Pakistani missiles jump into the discussion ???

you wanted to know if about Agni 3 and Agni 5. We didnt started answering your question.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
How did the payload structures lose weight?

The payload structures had become much lighter; the weight was almost 60 per cent less than what it was earlier. It was a very elaborate exercise. We went to all the stages to see how to lose weight, how to repackage, how to reduce length, what technologies are needed for these, what was the modelling needed, and so on. That was how we could pack practically the same weight – from Agni-III, 48 tonnes in weight and 17 metres in length, to Agni-V, 50 tonnes in weight and 17.5 metres in length, but from a range of 3,000 km to more than 5,000 km. We wanted to make sure that all these capabilities were first proven in Agni-IV. We removed the open inter-stage. We had a closed inter-stage. We had composite motors. We had a compact payload. Of course, there is a vast difference between Agni-IV and Agni-V payloads. But the basic system was the same. But Agni-V had much more visibility and we wanted to make sure that all the elements of Agni-V were good. Agni-IV as a system did its job.

http://www.frontline.in/navigation/...et&rdurl=fl2910/stories/20120601291003600.htm

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
where did Pakistani missiles jump into the discussion ???

you wanted to know if about Agni 3 and Agni 5. We didnt started answering your question.
It did as analogy and example. that's normal procedure in any discussion online or offline.
You mentioned Narrow Bi-conical nose cone in reference to MIRV capability?
I mentioned known examples of Bi-Conical nose cones not having MIRV. That included Chinese DF-31 and Pakistani Shaheen-1A the deployed version.
So that's why and how Pakistani missile came into the discussion here.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Missile testing specially of Prithvi missile is continuous development exercise, they keep on testing new things, so far they have tested about 120 Prithvi missiles.

All sorts of RVs were being tested and when test images or video don't come through media, its hit that new things are tested.

safriz

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Missile testing specially of Prithvi missile is continuous development exercise, they keep on testing new things, so far they have tested about 120 Prithvi missiles.

All sorts of RVs were being tested and when test images or video don't come through media, its hit that new things are tested.
I guess those 120 launches were not all test launches. Most were Prithvi being used as a target for other systems.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I guess those 120 launches were not all test launches. Most were Prithvi being used as a target for other systems.
target modified Prithvis were different.

We have wasted all those prithvis, imagine, if we would have used it on our enemy, he would have been history.

Any way Prithvis are about to retire from service.

Hari Sud

Country flag
This Pakistani with name here as Safriz is totally pissed with newest of India's missile test recently. He claims naval service at junior level which puts his knowledge at about lower to below par level. He spends full time on it researching newspaper cuttings and ISI basic knowledge of missiles. He is trying his best to gather information on Indian missiles thru conversation and stupid posts, so that somebody contradicts him then give him better knowledge. He is as close to a spy as possible.

In return we should wpost photographs of failed Pakistani missiles with wires hanging out. Tell him that the level of sophistication in Pakistani missiles is so poor that other than propaganda, they will not work. Same is true about TNW.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles