Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Chinmoy

Country flag
Would it be the case that at least half of the Sukhois & Mirages are now EMP protected?
Can't say about that. But both these fighters are in armory as deep penetration fighters and does make one end of our Nuclear Triad. So it would not be overrated if we say almost all of them to be EMP resistant.

sbm

Country flag
I certainly hope you are right about the proportion EMP shielded. You are certainly right about them being part of the triad. Absolutely no question there.

sorcerer

Country flag
Sukhoi-30 jet crash: Bodies of missing pilots found
Quick Summary
  • The bodies of Flight Lieutenant Achudev and Squadron Leader Divesh Pankaj have been found
  • Flight Lieutenant Achudev is a native of Pantheerankavu in Kozhikode
  • His father Sahadevan is a retired ISRO employee and currently resides in Thiruvananthapuram
  • The Sukhoi jet went missing around an hour after taking off from the Tezpur IAF base on May 23
The bodies of the two missing pilots of Indian Air Force's Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter jet, which crashed near the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border last week, have been found.

Keralite Flight Lieutenant Achudev and Chandigarh native Squadron Leader Divesh Pankaj's bodies were recovered from dense forests near the Arunachal border, nine days after the incident.

Flight Lieutenant Achudev's (25) body was found in the search operation conducted on Tuesday night, the Air Force officials informed his relatives. The youth's parents have been at the IAF base in Tezpur for the last few days. It is understood that the body would be brought home soon.
http://newsable.asianetnews.tv/kerala/iaf-sukhoi-30-jet-missing-kerala-pilot-dead-body-found-assam

Any other news source

Certified Gipsy

The mystery deepens. WHAT CAUSED THE FATAL CRASH THAT GAVE THEM NO TIME TO EJECT? Who will take the responsibility if the problem was with faulty ejection seats and or engines?

indiatester

Country flag
Would these pilots be practicing flying at low altitudes that may explain why they didn't have time to eject?

Reactions: sbm

brational

Country flag
Big loss for IAF. 2 trained pilots lost their lives during peacetime.Om Shanti!

As I've mentioned earlier, during Arunachal cm's chopper crash, IAF should thoroughly Map the hilly terrain of Arunachal and conduct training sorties with terrain familiar pilots. Don't forget Arunachal is known as the "Hump" since WW 2 due to air crashes. This area needs to be 3d mapped so that such crashes can be avoided in future due to unfamiliar terrain..

sbm

Country flag
THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced God,
which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
'No, Lord, I guess I ain’t.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.'

lcafanboy

Country flag
Could Extreme flying be the reason for the recent crash of IAF’s Sukhoi-30MKI?
Published June 9, 2017
SOURCE: VISHAL KARPE / FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG

Indian Air Force has been tight-lipped and not so forthcoming to reveal the actual reason behind the crash of Sukhoi-30MKI near Line of Actual Control with China.Twin-engine Sukhoi had taken off in a two-aircraft formation sortie from the Tezpur airbase and lost contact with the jet after over 40-minute sortie. Sukhoi-30MKI going down due to technical reasons has been ruled out in initial findings and Human Error could be on of the possible reasons which IAF is yet to confirm since the investigation is still been carried out to ascertain the exact reasons behind the crash. Defence Analyst thinks the crash could be due to Extreme High-altitude flying routine carried out in the region and lack of ejections by both pilots hints that reaction time was quite less and sudden emergency could have lead to the crash. IAF is known to carrying out Low-Level Extreme High-altitude flying to train its Air Dominance Fighter jets Crew for Strike missions behind enemy lines. Low Flying Areas are usually carried out on identified Mountain range, which can aid Air Dominance Fighter jets to avoid Radar detection and crew are trained to practice this both in simulators and in real life conditions. In 2011 a Mig-29 belonging to Indian Air Force crashed into high mountains at a mountainous Lahaul-Spiti area of Himachal Pradesh at 16,000 ft high in the avalanche-prone area. Pilots were reportedly performing Night training exercise and Low-Level High-altitude flying in the region. It took 8 Days to locate debris of the combat plane. Body Parts of Squadron Leader D S Tomar Pilot of the ill-fated Mig-29 was discovered only after 9 months after the accident due to snowing in the area which had blanketed the mountain range. Both Crashes seems to be due Low-Level Extreme High-altitude flying which is mostly carried out by Air Dominance Fighters like Mirage-2000, Mig-29s and Sukhoi-30 since Strike aircraft like Jaguars and Mig-27 are not suitable for such missions due to technical reasons.

http://idrw.org/could-extreme-flyin...ecent-crash-of-iafs-sukhoi-30mki/#more-137575 .

Bahamut

Could Extreme flying be the reason for the recent crash of IAF’s Sukhoi-30MKI?
Published June 9, 2017
SOURCE: VISHAL KARPE / FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG

Indian Air Force has been tight-lipped and not so forthcoming to reveal the actual reason behind the crash of Sukhoi-30MKI near Line of Actual Control with China.Twin-engine Sukhoi had taken off in a two-aircraft formation sortie from the Tezpur airbase and lost contact with the jet after over 40-minute sortie. Sukhoi-30MKI going down due to technical reasons has been ruled out in initial findings and Human Error could be on of the possible reasons which IAF is yet to confirm since the investigation is still been carried out to ascertain the exact reasons behind the crash. Defence Analyst thinks the crash could be due to Extreme High-altitude flying routine carried out in the region and lack of ejections by both pilots hints that reaction time was quite less and sudden emergency could have lead to the crash. IAF is known to carrying out Low-Level Extreme High-altitude flying to train its Air Dominance Fighter jets Crew for Strike missions behind enemy lines. Low Flying Areas are usually carried out on identified Mountain range, which can aid Air Dominance Fighter jets to avoid Radar detection and crew are trained to practice this both in simulators and in real life conditions. In 2011 a Mig-29 belonging to Indian Air Force crashed into high mountains at a mountainous Lahaul-Spiti area of Himachal Pradesh at 16,000 ft high in the avalanche-prone area. Pilots were reportedly performing Night training exercise and Low-Level High-altitude flying in the region. It took 8 Days to locate debris of the combat plane. Body Parts of Squadron Leader D S Tomar Pilot of the ill-fated Mig-29 was discovered only after 9 months after the accident due to snowing in the area which had blanketed the mountain range. Both Crashes seems to be due Low-Level Extreme High-altitude flying which is mostly carried out by Air Dominance Fighters like Mirage-2000, Mig-29s and Sukhoi-30 since Strike aircraft like Jaguars and Mig-27 are not suitable for such missions due to technical reasons.

http://idrw.org/could-extreme-flyin...ecent-crash-of-iafs-sukhoi-30mki/#more-137575 .
Was there no auto ground clearances system to prevent ground collision

Flame Thrower

I know that Flankers are tough birds; even near explosion of one Aim 120 has difficulty in blowing both engines.(I know, but can't give you any source). Hint: Try going through wings of red star Flankers documentaries. You might understand why I've said this. Try also looking for damaged engine covers on downed flankers.

Can birds to this much damage to Military aircraft. I doubt so...may be plane was flying over Mach 1 and climbing. Then bird might have hit. This is assumption only, gurus shed some light.

I was going through A-380, documentary, at they showed that at 30k feet and 0.8 Mack speed, a bird can damage any civilian airplane's outer skin. Weight of the bird and speed of the aircraft plays an important role collision damage.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

Please confirm, the picture caption said that this IAF Su-30MKI landed on Pune airport despite loss of nose section to birdstrike, any background on this incident ? is it authentic ?

@Kunal Biswas @Bahamut @pmaitra @LETHALFORCE @sayareakd @Bornubus
A bird might not possible to do this much damage to flankers.
The nose of flankers are too aerodynamic so that it can withstand bird collisions with no or minor damage.
There might be some other reason forgot this pic.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Please confirm, the picture caption said that this IAF Su-30MKI landed on Pune airport despite loss of nose section to birdstrike, any background on this incident ? is it authentic ?

@Kunal Biswas @Bahamut @pmaitra @LETHALFORCE @sayareakd @Bornubus

I have no info on this pic but IAF pilot in the past had successfully landed the damaged SU 7 even though large chunk of its tail missing and they had to flew it back all the way from enemy territory

images.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles