Sukhoi Su 30MKI

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

Only parachutes are found, hopes are still ON

sbm

Country flag
Ok - to show the effect: 1995 Alto-Cenapa air war. Ecuador splashed two Peruvian Su-22. Pilots ejected - radio beacons and survival gear of good quality were supplied. They were injured during the ejection. SAR ops mounted by FAP helicopters. They were not found for a very long time after (they died) as the beacons could not penetrate foliage. SAR ops are not easy in that terrain.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
SAR ops are still ON.
Hopes are still high.
There are many small villages in that area.

Sam Biswas

Only parachutes are found, hopes are still ON

Why it is taking IAF this long to send some rescuers to the crash site when every minute counts? I thought with IAF Apache or Chinook helicopters it will be easy to lower rescuers to the crash site very quickly. The pilots could be injured and need medical help. The slow IAF response is very disconcerting!

sorcerer

Country flag
Why it is taking IAF this long to send some rescuers to the crash site when every minute counts? I thought with IAF Apache or Chinook helicopters it will be easy to lower rescuers to the crash site very quickly. The pilots could be injured and need medical help. The slow IAF response is very disconcerting!
Tree Canopy they said is very thick and a para drop could hurt the rescuers.
So they have to walk through unwalked terrains to reach them..may be

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
1. IAF don't have Apache & Chinooks as of now.
2. IAF deployed c130j, ALH DHRUV & chetaks.
3. Para SF & IAF Garuda commandos jointly performing SAR ops.
4. As we already said, the region has very bad weather conditions and it's the most rainy area (region) in the world.

Due to bad weather conditions the ops are hindered and delayed.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am sure but how long is that supposed to take?

Sam Biswas

I am not talking about para drop, i guess using a parachute. I am talking about using a rope/cable and a winch to lower rescuers/searchers into that small open area. IAF does not need Apache or Chinook and a smaller rescue helicopter should be able to do that if IAF has that kind of trained people.

Attachments

indiatester

Country flag
AFAIK, radio communication is Line of Sight based. So won't it be pretty unreliable in mountainous region where the topographical conditions consist of pretty steep gradients all around.
Not really. Think shortwave radio. Even if we think of line of sight, satellites should help (weather permitting)

indiatester

Country flag
I saw a news of SU-30 crashing because of electronic interference. If true it is very serious concern.

http://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/9573-sukhoi-likely-downed-cyber-weapons
If true, I'd say its actually good news. The enemy revealed their cards early. Had this happened in war time, entire fleets would have been rendered useless.
Then again, I don't think that is the case here. Not because such possibilities don't exist, but because the enemy would never let us know that they have this capability.

sorcerer

Country flag
I saw a news of SU-30 crashing because of electronic interference. If true it is very serious concern.

http://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/9573-sukhoi-likely-downed-cyber-weapons
Theres some news floating around..
Even if the enemy has that capability(As we should take into consideration all vectors how ever odd), enemy wont reveal such cards this early, as India is now in a clear position to reconsider its approach.

A propaganda news item that SU is vulnerable to Electronic Attacks. It must be coming from other competitors who are pitching their sales in India.

Now that the black box is found, such propaganda news will simply vanish the way it came.

Any news on Pilots?!!

This may explain why even the pilots may have found it difficult to activate safety ejection mechanisms, once it became obvious that the aircraft was in serious trouble, as such mechanisms too could have been crippled by computer malfunctions induced from an outside source.
How did the guy who wrote the article come to the conclusion that the pilots must have found it difficult as the search for the pilots are still on .

This news article is a typical propaganda item.

sbm

Country flag
Does anyone know what the attrition rate is for the IAF per 100,000 hours?

Khagesh

You turn on the TV, any bloody channel and its Modi ji all over.

Modi ji bol rahen hain, Modi ji LOL rahen hain. Modi ji ro rahen hain. Modi ji dho rahen hain, People have no manner of, time pass left these days.

So one Su-30MKI crashes and the entertainment starts. MD Nalapat is the latest in this. Poor guy made to watch Modi ji. Kya karega khali time mein. Commentary likh dali.

But more on the topic. May be a simpler network of land based GPS corrected repeater stations can help. On our side we can easily set such a thing up. Will help those Nirbhays too whenever deployed.

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
And about the S400, those things are utter crap. Remember USA strikes on Syrian air base
Can't really judge the quality of the system in the hands of the Arabs though.
They have somewhat of a reputation to perform poorly in combat even when we'll equipped.

Six Day War had them equipped with the most maneuverable fighter/interceptor at that time... Mig-21.
And we all know what happened.

sbm

Country flag
Please stop the S-400/ Syria issue. The S-400s were deployed to protect the Russian AFB. Against cruise missiles their max range is 25km. The only defences around Sharyat AFB were some SA-6 launchers comprising a single battery. This has been verified from satellite imagery. Unless the Russians were providing complete airspace surveillance of Syria (which they are not), we cannot judge any of their modern systems. What is curious is that there was no AAA around the base and not a single SA-6 was launched.

gadeshi

Please stop the S-400/ Syria issue. The S-400s were deployed to protect the Russian AFB. Against cruise missiles their max range is 25km. The only defences around Sharyat AFB were some SA-6 launchers comprising a single battery. This has been verified from satellite imagery. Unless the Russians were providing complete airspace surveillance of Syria (which they are not), we cannot judge any of their modern systems. What is curious is that there was no AAA around the base and not a single SA-6 was launched.
S-400 range against cruise missiles is 400km if CMs not fly behind mountain terrain.
But yes, S-400 were deployed to protect Khmeymym, Al Qamyshly and Tartus only.
All 36 Tomahawks that haven't reached their targets were malfunction or hit by Russian ECM suits like Krasukha-4 and Rychag-AV.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles