Sukhoi PAK FA

gadeshi

I don't think Russian economy is this bad situation and don't forgot they are selling these days lot to China. But I hope that India will figure out soon about PAK-KA and will decide on FGFA
It is @BonPlan's idea fix :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Sam Biswas

India and China are different when it comes to defense. China is very businesslike and India appears to be goofing off. India is fooling around with FGFA and Rafale for a decade with really no solution in sight. India is thinking about F-16. If that is the case, why not work with Lockheed and add a F-35 assembly line in the F-16 factory. F-35 will be much cheaper and can be acquired quickly. In addition, India should discard FGFA and buy T-50 and save few billions in R&D cost, But that is if India and IAF are serious and businesslike which are both very unlikely!

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
India and China are different when it comes to defense. China is very businesslike and India appears to be goofing off. India is fooling around with FGFA and Rafale for a decade with really no solution in sight. India is thinking about F-16. If that is the case, why not work with Lockheed and add a F-35 assembly line in the F-16 factory. F-35 will be much cheaper and can be acquired quickly. In addition, India should discard FGFA and buy T-50 and save few billions in R&D cost, But that is if India and IAF are serious and businesslike which are both very unlikely!
F35 cheaper and ready quickly ?
You are pulling our legs my dear !!!

F35 is far from being ready to go to war.
For the moment it's an average aero show plane.
And it cost such than the Pentagon has decided to cut the nexy purchase....

http://snafu-solomon.blogspot.fr/2016/11/lockheed-martin-threatens-to-sue.html

Defcon 1

Country flag

Dude don't lie.
Pentagon has not cut the purchase but split it into smaller orders. LM is angry only because this takes away their bargaining power they have with their suppliers.
F35's two versions have already received IOC. Operational deployment will start by end of 2017. From then, it will be eligible to go to war.

Sam Biswas

STOP reading these French garbage and spill it in Indian forum to mislead them.

You go ahead and read this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...47a99c-a14a-11e6-a44d-cc2898cfab06_story.html

Pentagon just ordered 57 F-35 for $6.1 billion. For $8.7 billion India paid for 36 Rafale, India could have purchased ~80 or about 4 squadrons of F-35.

So don't give me all these French nonsense to me.

Last edited:

gadeshi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...47a99c-a14a-11e6-a44d-cc2898cfab06_story.html

Pentagon just ordered 57 F-35 for $6.1 billion. For $8.7 billion India paid for 36 Rafale, India could have purchased ~80 or about 4 squadrons of F-35.

Do not mislead internal and export prices and packages :)

Sam Biswas

India needs to unshackle itself from Russian and French thugs and look forward to bribe-free straight forward business relationships. Purchase of F-16/F-35 from Lockheed will pave the way. It will save India billions of hard-earned foreign currency for decades.

republic_roi97

Country flag
India needs to unshackle itself from Russian and French thugs and look forward to bribe-free straight forward business relationships. Purchase of F-16/F-35 from Lockheed will pave the way. It will save India billions of hard-earned foreign currency for decades.
I believe if India goes forward with US aircrafts in anyway, it should be a F/A-18 ASH, nothing else. And having Russia on our side has a lot of perks, we can even lease Nuclear Attack Subs from them and buy a lot of tech without much restrictions.

gadeshi

Purchase F-16 and F-35 will be structural disaster and on the top of this, a caught in the next of the biggest defence business corruptors ever existed - LM and Rateon :)

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Dude don't lie.
Pentagon has not cut the purchase but split it into smaller orders. LM is angry only because this takes away their bargaining power they have with their suppliers.
F35's two versions have already received IOC. Operational deployment will start by end of 2017. From then, it will be eligible to go to war.
If no other breakdown or fire arrived !

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

Always the same mistake !
The F35 price is for plane only (without engine, support, base accomodation....)

The 8.7 billions includes support for 5 or 10 years, 2 bases accomodation, 2 billions to fullfill special indian need (new weapons, new targeting pod, new helmet...).

AS ALREADY SAID, INDIA IS PAYING EACH RAFALE 95 MILLIONS. as french air force...

but you are blind, deaf and mute.:crazy:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
:blah::blah::blah: US propaganda.

And what about the F16 of UAE (the latest one !) and Egypt ? Not authorised to be on duty in Lybia.....

Defcon 1

Country flag
If no other breakdown or fire arrived !
This is quite a pathetic attempt to divert from the topic.

I proved that F35 orders are neither cut nor it is far from operational deployment. So now you try to divert attention to accidents. Showing that you accept that your previous claim was a lie after all.

su35

Country flag

You are telling French Media post garbage news. What is the guarantee that Washingtonpost is unbiased source

republic_roi97

Country flag
Always the same mistake !
The F35 price is for plane only (without engine, support, base accomodation....)

The 8.7 billions includes support for 5 or 10 years, 2 bases accomodation, 2 billions to fullfill special indian need (new weapons, new targeting pod, new helmet...).

AS ALREADY SAID, INDIA IS PAYING EACH RAFALE 95 MILLIONS. as french air force...

but you are blind, deaf and mute.:crazy:
Well I like rafale !! And also Mirages and scorpean subs. Cheers. But India will never go forward with F-35 as buying those will put a full stop at its own ambitions, that is all that one needs to know.

republic_roi97

Country flag
You are telling French Media post garbage news. What is the guarantee that Washingtonpost is unbiased source
All american sources are biased and spread american propaganda. But again, I don't think there is any completely independent source. Is there any ?

su35

Country flag
Oh really Lockheed and Boeing are corruption free and all other contractor are corrupted STOP YOUR DAY DREAM!!. How do you think India will saving its Forex reserve please explain.

Buying F 16/ F 35 meas we have to buy their complete weapon package discarding Isreal and russian weapon which will cost us fortune.

What is the guarantee that USA will not spy our bases using its technician and GPS devices of their plane.

Most of the nations have purchased F 16 to share common platform under NATO. USA still has lot of control over these planes

F 16 is widely purchased not due its multi role but due to cheap cost and virtual shield protection of NATO.

NATO is nothing expect USA

su35

Country flag
All american sources are biased and spread american propaganda. But again, I don't think there is any completely independent source. Is there any ?
Well every sources spread their propaganda of their home country expect in INDIA (THE FOURTH PILLAR OF CONSTITUTION) o_O

republic_roi97

Country flag
Oh really Lockheed and Boeing are corruption free and all other contractor are corrupted STOP YOUR DAY DREAM!!. How do you think India will saving its Forex reserve please explain.

Buying F 16/ F 35 meas we have to buy their complete weapon package discarding Isreal and russian weapon which will cost us fortune.

What is the guarantee that USA will not spy our bases using its technician and GPS devices of their plane.

Most of the nations have purchased F 16 to share common platform under NATO. USA still has lot of control over these planes

F 16 is widely purchased not due its multi role but due to cheap cost and virtual shield protection of NATO.

NATO is nothing expect USA
That is exactly why I say, if we want to go forward with US planes, lets go with F/A-18 ASH and nothing else. Otherwise, more Rafales or maybe more Su-30MKI with new russian AESA. More Rafales would be better.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles