Sukhoi PAK FA

gadeshi

Eurofighter Typhoon is 4th+++ generation MutliRole Fighter , and Pakfa is 5th generation Air superiority Fighter , yes it can carry nukes .

it will be able to take-off from aircraft carrier (INS VISHAL ) if we get EMAL technology from USA .

it will not . be able to take-off from INS Vikramadiya .

i dont think this be able to take-off from Shtorm because it is too heavy .
Typhoon is medium G4+ fighter, T-50 is G5 heavy one.
They cannot be compared at all.
Shtorm AC project is designed to carry and use navalized T-50 version onboard.
Also Shtorm will use electro-magnetic catapults (2 treks) and jump deck both for different types of aircrafts and jump deck as a backup to catapult treks.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

busesaway

Eurofighter Typhoon is 4th+++ generation MutliRole Fighter , and Pakfa is 5th generation Air superiority Fighter , yes it can carry nukes .

it will be able to take-off from aircraft carrier (INS VISHAL ) if we get EMAL technology from USA .

it will not be able to take-off from INS Vikramadiya .
Typhoon is medium G4+ fighter, T-50 is G5 heavy one.
They cannot be compared at all.
Shtorm AC project is designed to carry and use navalized T-50 version onboard.
Also Shtorm will use electro-magnetic catapults (2 treks) and jump deck both for different types of aircrafts and jump deck as a backup to catapult treks.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
I compare it to the Eurofighter Typhoon because that's widely regarded to be the most superior fighter jet in aviation.

If it can carry nukes and take-off from aircraft carriers, then I think India should wait for the development of FGFA to finish before ordering any new aircraft. I also think that any electro-magnetic technology should be obtained from the manufacturer of the ships (Russia and India) if possible.

As I support some sort of merger between the air force and navy, I would order the supercarriers and fighter jets together, making sure that the ships and planes are equipped with interchangeability and nuclear weapons. In other words, I wouldn't make any further orders for aircraft like the French Rafale.

Since development in a while away, I wouldn't attempt backwards operatability with existing naval ships.

airtel

Country flag
I compare it to the Eurofighter Typhoon because that's widely regarded to be the most superior fighter jet in aviation.

If it can carry nukes and take-off from aircraft carriers, then I think India should wait for the development of FGFA to finish before ordering any new aircraft. I also think that any electro-magnetic technology should be obtained from the manufacturer of the ships (Russia and India) if possible.

As I support some sort of merger between the air force and navy, I would order the supercarriers and fighter jets together, making sure that the ships and planes are equipped with interchangeability and nuclear weapons. In other words, I wouldn't make any further orders for aircraft like the French Rafale.

Since development in a while away, I wouldn't attempt backwards operatability with existing naval ships.
No , American F-22 is widely regarded to be the most superior fighter jet .

development of FGFA will take at-least 7-8 years from now .......

and these planes are very Big & heavy .....FGFA will replace Sukhoi 30 MKI .

we need medium & small jets too ....this is why India is buying Rafael & F-16/ grippen /tejas .

gadeshi

Well... You cannot create 100% unified fighter force between AF and Navy without serious compromises for Navy planes that are heavier (to sustain additional strength), have many AF unneeded parts (folded wings, massive undercarriage, arrestor hook force structure, etc) and so on.
MiG-29M/M2 and MiG-29K/KUB are the prominent try, but we will see its effectiveness later.
About nukes... All Russian fighters can carry them (except for export versions).
T-50 can carry guided (we'll see them later) and unguided nuclear bombs (including possible Kh-61P Grom-2 nuclear version) and Kh-59M2 light ALCMs that can carry conventional or nuclear warheads on demand.

busesaway

I don't think so !
What about the F22?
No , American F-22 is widely regarded to be the most superior fighter jet .

development of FGFA will take at-least 7-8 years from now .......

and these planes are very Big & heavy .....FGFA will replace Sukhoi 30 MKI .

we need medium & small jets too ....this is why India is buying Rafael & F-16/ grippen /tejas .
It's up to debate. It's usually countries allied with the United States (South Korea, Japan, Canada, etc) that buy the F-series, while a lot of other countries that don't have a strong alliance buy the European counterparts.

The Eurofighter is by far the most versatile fighter plane on earth. It's far more adapt at fighting in close range combat and plane-to-plane combat.

busesaway

Well... You cannot create 100% unified fighter force between AF and Navy without serious compromises for Navy planes that are heavier (to sustain additional strength), have many AF unneeded parts (folded wings, massive undercarriage, arrestor hook force structure, etc) and so on.
MiG-29M/M2 and MiG-29K/KUB are the prominent try, but we will see its effectiveness later.
About nukes... All Russian fighters can carry them (except for export versions).
T-50 can carry guided (we'll see them later) and unguided nuclear bombs (including possible Kh-61P Grom-2 nuclear version) and Kh-59M2 light ALCMs that can carry conventional or nuclear warheads on demand.
I support a merger for a combination of lowering bureaucracy and increasing effectiveness. The navy has a stronger ability to project its forces over a wider distance, and unlike the army or airforce, it's already able to handle both armed men and aircraft.

I'm not saying that we should abolish the air force, but rather that the air force is managed as a subsidiary of the navy - essentially merging the air force into the navy's air wing. The land-based aircraft can still exist, but it's just that they'll be under the authority of the navy. i.e. the military revolves around the navy.

I guess it may make more sense for countries with a large about of coastline or a strong affinity with the navy, such as France, UK, Japan, South Korea, USA, etc... But India only really has one border with a real need for land-based military operations - and its aircraft can't fly into the Himalayas anyway.

India needs to make sure that it orders nuclear capable versions of the planes. I'm excited about the prospect of India ordering Shtorm with FGFAs.

airtel

Country flag
It's up to debate. It's usually countries allied with the United States (South Korea, Japan, Canada, etc) that buy the F-series, while a lot of other countries that don't have a strong alliance buy the European counterparts.

The Eurofighter is by far the most versatile fighter plane on earth. It's far more adapt at fighting in close range combat and plane-to-plane combat.
bhai F-22 is not for sale ........they used many advanced technologies in F-22 and they dont sell it to any other country , Eurofighter is a generation behind F-22 .

Eurofighter typhoon is comparable to Rafael .

airtel

Country flag
I guess it may make more sense for countries with a large about of coastline or a strong affinity with the navy, such as France, UK, Japan, South Korea, USA, etc...
But India only really has one border with a real need for land-based military operations - and its aircraft can't fly into the Himalayas anyway.
Bhai you should read much more ......your general knowledge is extremely weak , India is surrounded by 3 seas & we need much more stronger Navy as compare to France, UK, Japan, South Korea ........our coastline is very large ...............please read about Indian geography .

and yes our aircraft can fly above the Himalayas (are you trolling ? )

India needs to make sure that it orders nuclear capable versions of the planes. I'm excited about the prospect of India ordering Shtorm with FGFAs.
Bhai you should read much more ......We already have nuclear capable Miraaj 2000, jaguar & sukhoi 30mki .

Rafael & FGFA will be nuclear capable too .

why india should order Shtorm if we can built Aircraft carriers in India at cheaper rate with equal or better technologies ??

Last edited:

busesaway

bhai F-22 is not for sale ........they used many advanced technologies in F-22 and they dont sell it to any other country , Eurofighter is a generation behind F-22 .

Eurofighter typhoon is comparable to Rafael .
It's only 1/2 a generation behind F-22. The Eurofighter lacks long-distance fighting capabilities and is bad at covert operations in comparison to the F-22, but is far superior to F-22 when it comes to actual fighting in close combat.

The Typhoon is a good dog fighter. It's useful for defense and fighting in battle.
The F-22 is good at sneaking up on enemy targets in the dead of night and bombing them. But it's bad at actual fighting.

It's important to note that the majority of China's aggressiveness is related to naval warfare too. India's other external threats also involve the need to project military (Levant in Middle East, South China Sea, East Africa, North Korea, etc...).

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
It's only 1/2 a generation behind F-22. The Eurofighter lacks long-distance fighting capabilities and is bad at covert operations in comparison to the F-22, but is far superior to F-22 when it comes to actual fighting in close combat.

The Typhoon is a good dog fighter. It's useful for defense and fighting in battle.
The F-22 is good at sneaking up on enemy targets in the dead of night and bombing them. But it's bad at actual fighting.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Are you trolling ??

:daru::daru::daru::daru::daru:

busesaway

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:daru:
Are you trolling ??

:daru::daru::daru::daru:
The Eurofighter frequently wins in close range mock battles with F-22. I think a majority of pilots agree that the eurofighter is better in the close range combat that's useful for defense. It's better for India to buy F-22 if it wants to carry out surgical strikes abroad, but better for India to buy Eurofighters to defend against China.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The Eurofighter frequently wins in close range mock battles with F-22. I think a majority of pilots agree that the eurofighter is better in the close range combat that's useful for defense. It's better for India to buy F-22 if it wants to carry out surgical strikes abroad, but better for India to buy Eurofighters to defend against China.
I hope you do realise the F-22 production stopped years ago.

busesaway

On the himalayas, I read somewhere that there were problems getting the air force to fight in the Himalayan region.

airtel

Country flag
war games means nothing .

read it >> www.express.co.uk/news/uk/596770/RAF-planes-beaten-Russian-Sukhoi-jets-Indian-pilots-training-exercise

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
Yes. But I've been arguing that the Eurofighter Typhoon is one of the best fighter jets out there.
British Propaganda ...............

there is the difference between one of the best fighter jets & the best Fighter jet .

Eurofighter Typhoon is one of the best fighter jets.....but F-22 is the best Fighter jet .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes. But I've been arguing that the Eurofighter Typhoon is one of the best fighter jets out there.
Not an expert on fighter jets, but the grounding of all EF across Europe in 2014 due to airframe cracks ought to cut some points from the best fighter ranking.

airtel

Country flag
It's better for India to buy F-22 if it wants to carry out surgical strikes abroad, but better for India to buy Eurofighters to defend against China.
F-22 is not for sale .

after evaluation Indian Air-force rejected Eurofighters & selected Rafaels ,

there are many problems with Eurofighters and many times they have to stop operation of Eurofighters .

India should not buy outdated fighter planes .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles