Suggestions and Feedback

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
when will my infraction get reversed?

anytime line if i stay under limits?
I don't think there is anything called 'limit'.

All one expects is one sticks to facts, even if they are not very comfortable, and for such facts links or a cogent argument is given that is logical!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
bt i still cant edit my post even very soon after posting
This is a problem that even Cinoti has mentioned.

Could someone look into this and ensure that posters can edit within a reasonable lapse of time?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I suggest that hello_10 post links to his blog rather than the bloated and ostentatious posts we see from him now.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Mods! need a little help here pls... i'm unable to use the colored text option in my posts..

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Mods! need a little help here pls... i'm unable to use the colored text option in my posts..
Black is good. I like black. I don't like large colored & bolded fonts for emphasis like some posters (hello_10) use to try to draw attention to their otherwise unremarkable posts. Just sayin'.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Few minutes ago a member named Pioneer opened some spam threads which were promptly deleted. But those threads still got published to forum's facebook page. So I believe a mechanism is needed to avoid publishing banned threads on the forum facebook page.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I think the forum should ban trolls who never contribute anything except passing random comments or flame baits during discussions.

But since it is really difficult to classify people as trolls and useless thread, I will suggest something else.

1) Rate the threads on a scale from 1-10 star which can reflect the quality of the thread.
2) By quality I mean importance. For eg. some crazy reporter's sting operation on massage parlor or dog eating cat or another religious altercation between two groups should be given 1 star.
3) But lets make it democratic and let people give their rating to the thread quality.

I think this feature can be really helpful to improve and track the quality of threads.
@Singh, @LurkerBaba, @Daredevil

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think the forum should ban trolls who never contribute anything except passing random comments or flame baits during discussions.

But since it is really difficult to classify people as trolls and useless thread, I will suggest something else.

1) Rate the threads on a scale from 1-10 star which can reflect the quality of the thread.
2) By quality I mean importance. For eg. some crazy reporter's sting operation on massage parlor or dog eating cat or another religious altercation between two groups should be given 1 star.
3) But lets make it democratic and let people give their rating to the thread quality.

I think this feature can be really helpful to improve and track the quality of threads.
@Singh, @LurkerBaba, @Daredevil
There is already an option to give ratings to threads. And you can also use it to sort threads.
You can put trolls in your ignore list. A lot of members use this feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
There is already an option to give ratings to threads. And you can also use it to sort threads.
You can put trolls in your ignore list. A lot of members use this feature.
Thanks for the reply. But I do not see ratings of any thread when I refresh new posts nor do I see any option for rating the thread.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. But I do not see ratings of any thread when I refresh new posts nor do I see any option for rating the thread.
I guess it got broken during the upgrade, or it was removed because no one used it. Will add to the list for the next upcoming upgrade.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I have a question about posting a PDF. Is there a limit to size? If a poster exceeds the limit, will the post be blocked?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have a question about posting a PDF. Is there a limit to size? If a poster exceeds the limit, will the post be blocked?
When you say posting a pdf, does it mean as attachment or as a link. If in the form of link then there is no problem.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
When you say posting a pdf, does it mean as attachment or as a link. If in the form of link then there is no problem.
I meant posting as attachment, a feature recently added.

I recent posted a large US Army Field Manual on demolitions, for example.

Last edited:

SPA

MAY i asked all MODS why iam banned (blackwater)..???:sad::sad:

Atleast you should give a notification that iam banned.What was my fault??

I have sent several mails to MODS but no reply. This is how you treat a person who spend several hours a day on this forum and done 11,000+ post in a year:confused::confused:

satish007

i just wondering how long cinoti need to stay in Tihar jail? 12 days already, poor guy, MOD can you forget him.
and how come huaxia rox be put in jail? what he said?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles