How to curb honeytrap issue perversive in our defense setup , only serious suggestions

SKC

Country flag
The offices should be like a IT company. InfoSec policies should be implemented.
Take help from any of the Big-4 IT company.

Laptops should be Bitlocked. No access to the USB ports. Ban opening SM on Govt Networks. No Smart Phones while in office.

shade

Country flag
Have a dedicated agency to honey trap the guys before the Pakis do.

If they get "caught" they must face consequences, right from pay cuts, disciplinary actions to 5 guys randomly grabbing you and giving such a thrashing you will never forget.

It's like red team, blue team in cybersecurity.
It "hardens" our scientific resources vs bad actors "hardening" them in other, anti-national ways.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Absolute state of "Serious thread"

Anyways.

The very basic things like a seminar and training should be carried out. It should be made clear that their are people out there who want to con you and if you get conned by such low effort stunt than the consequence will be severe.

Communication related to work should be prohibited outside the Defence establishment.

Maybe they have never been made to understand this.

I don't know why a scientist went on with the chat anyway.
Didn't he realize, "I am not supposed to do this"

SKC

Country flag

Anyways.

The very basic things like a seminar and training should be carried out. It should be made clear that their are people out there who want to con you and if you get conned by such low effort stunt than the consequence will be severe.

Communication related to work should be prohibited outside the Defence establishment.

Basic InfoSec policies will curb most of these cases.

shade

Country flag

Anyways.

The "severe consequences" should be kept deliberately vague :megusta:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Just pains me because so much unnecessary loss was caused by our agents being honey trapped. And you know who performed this honey trap? Our great ally🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸. Pisses me off because I have fam who work in these sectors.
Russia too, ISI too (That too a Sherni was trapped)
Unikrishna was done by Britain AFAIK.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
There have been cases of trapping the females too. Even when female was over 45yr old.

She was trapped by a mard-e-momin launda aged 23-24. Tharak sees no gender!
They ought to do some psychological test of their spie, this is too many cases of spies being trapped. Other nations had them too buy not to this extent not with spies.

Kumaoni

They ought to do some psychological test of their spie, this is too many cases of spies being trapped. Other nations had them too buy not to this extent not with spies.
RAW overall has done an excellent job and we can thank our superiority in the LoC to them. The honey trapping needs to be countered by doing it to other countries

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles