Suggestions and Feedback

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Is anyone experiencing problems on DFI?

For the past 3 days it has been extremely slow for me and plus some things are upside down, i.e, the 2 boxes with username and password (where you login) are at the bottom of the page instead of the top right hand corner! Strange!
clear cache !

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Is anyone experiencing problems on DFI?

For the past 3 days it has been extremely slow for me and plus some things are upside down, i.e, the 2 boxes with username and password (where you login) are at the bottom of the page instead of the top right hand corner! Strange!
Clear your cache

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Also, Its not fair, that people who were indifferent /condoning the genocide in lanka are giving me morality advices regarding Pakistan like Oracle or some other "Nationalists" did :tsk:

nor does it make sense that posters who do nothing more than post one liners, make comment on the way I post/debate. It will make sense if some one who is worthy makes that comment. If not, It sucks bad on them really :truestory:

Just some food for thought:nod:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ Your attempts at sympathy and empathy would get more responses if you'd use less number of similes. I am serious. It is very irritating to see a post with a dozen similes. And your posts should be widely read. I hope you heed to this friendly suggestion.

I don't think it is fair on your part to compare what happened in Sri Lanka and people's different views of it with your call to kill hundreds of millions of people. Those two are completely different situations. I didn't speak much in the "alleged" Tamil genocide thread because I wasn't well informed, and then some members became very emotional, in short the thread didn't add anything to my knowledge on the subject.

I am no fan of Pakistan, or Pakistanis, and I have plenty more to hate them for than you. Any student of Indian or Sikh history would know.

Another point, and this you are missing out on. Suppose, you were the PM of India and gave a call to commit a genocide on Pakistanis (and Sri Lankans?) what do you think the Pakistani response would be ? India can target at most 200million Pakistanis and Pakistanis can target 1.2billion Indians, India can wipe out a nation with a heritage that spans a few decades, Pakistan can wipe out a culture that is millenia old. Do you hate Pakistan more than you love India ?

===

A General Appeal

Emotional arguments/talks especially the ones filled with rage and hate sometimes sully the whole forumming experience for a few who come here to share and learn. A few members have explicitly left this forum because they can't tolerate the amount of hate. We didn't try to stop them because we are a user driven community. However, we do have a right to request on behalf of staff and those members who continue to visit and love DFI because they get some useful info out of it.

We've been lucky in that members generally seem to co-operate with the staff after we request them and I hope this trend continues Discussions move forward when there are exchanges of ideas, views, well formed arguments not a blanket emotional statement. I do understand that because of certain circumstances sometime people do want to vent, and so do I but then it should not be a common feature. It gets exhausting.

PS: Anyways my point was not specifically targeted at that Pakistani one or to you Mad Guy, I apologize if you think I am singling you out. It has become a common feature amongst the posts of some highly intelligent members who are arguing from a very emotional pov when they can do so much more. And I just wanted to make a general appeal to them. Lets live upto the ideals of the Argumentative Indian.

Again, this is a general appeal,

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sorry lb I wrote this post before your post, And just to reiterate for personal issues or requests please use Pms or report posts. Publicly doing a post mortem of staff decisions is something which we "strictly" forbid. The more creative and understaning amongst the members can come up with a variety of reasons for this ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have an unique problem.

1. When I use Chrome, I cannot edit my post. If I use the Edit button, then a blue and blank edit box comes up.

2. When I use Firefox, I can edit the same post which I cannot edit when I try it in Chrome.

3. In both Chrome and Firebox, for Reply or Edit, the buttons on top like Bold, Italics or Quote etc don't appear.

4. And yet on both Chrome and Firebox, when I use the tab and go into another forum, everything is perfect, editing, buttons and all!

What is the problem?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Some changes:

1. Fixed issues with "What's New". Previously, clicking on "Forum" after "What's New" would take you to the Homepage instead of the Forum
2. "My Posts" option now has an additional option called "Subscribed Threads". It contains a list of all threads which you've participated in. Also, threads with news posts get highlighted in bold.

Oracle

Can we have someone of the rank of Administrator to monitor Religious and communally sensitive threads?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Can we have someone of the rank of Administrator to monitor Religious and communally sensitive threads?
Administer agar moderation karenge to moderator kya karenge?

Staff is all same. There is no "grade" like in the government. A decision by any staff is the decision of staff. Usually it's deliberated. So really don't know what you meant by wanting an admin to be on the thread.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The reason is already given. Post it as part of another thread. Or if you get a mainstream source, then open a thread.

Rahul92

Please advertise the site and make it more search engine compatible

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
While posting replies...sometimes they not needed ..if the poster thinks that I won't be needed they can't be able to delete it..just posting like Self delete or deleted...

So We need a Delete button

H.A.

While posting replies...sometimes they not needed ..if the poster thinks that I won't be needed they can't be able to delete it..just posting like Self delete or deleted...

So We need a Delete button
Option is provided at the appropriate membership level.

Also a poster can always think twice before taking the final call to post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles