Suggestions and Feedback

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Why was the thread on Christian Theology closed?

To even suggest that religion could have been born because of LSD or hallucinogenic experiences is wrong in DFI? Why is religion above the mundane criticism? If i said John Lenon wrote his music on LSD it is acceptable but if i say Bible was written on LSD that is wrong? Do you see how religions has conditioned you not to challenge it? How will our intellect and society improve if we are not allowed to question?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Why was the thread on Christian Theology closed?

To even suggest that religion could have been born because of LSD or hallucinogenic experiences is wrong in DFI? Why is religion above the mundane criticism? If i said John Lenon wrote his music on LSD it is acceptable but if i say Bible was written on LSD that is wrong? Do you see how religions has conditioned you not to challenge it? How will our intellect and society improve if we are not allowed to question?
As a staff member this is what I feel.

Q. Isn't religion an emotive and controversial subject which has the potential to divide members and should be handled delicately and without any disrespect ?
A. Yes. A lot of members are not happy with the way this forum is heading, and I am one of them.

Q. should we allow a defence forum to turn into a religious forum ?
A. No. This is not what I signed up for nor did many others

Q. Does discussing religion have a place on DFI ?
A. At staff decided level. If some members feel they have been shortchanged by our discussion to limit and be heavy handed regarding religious topics, we apologize for the misunderstanding.

Q. Can a defence forum prosper if we allow members to constantly discuss theology ?
A. No. I believe a defence forum should first and foremost discuss defence.

Q. Should we cater to the whims of a member who has in the past insinuated that the site is owned by Pakistanis and openly abused the staff members here and on other fora ?
A. I don't particularly care about being called names.

Q. Should we listen to a member member despite knowing that we are being Ddosed, and have had to remove a feature, decided to protest, instigate other members into quitting this forum; and not only that , he invited members to another forum, which he knows was started with stolen money ?
A. For the sake of a village, a family can be sacrificed, for the sake of the forum, a member can be sacrificed. However, if his demands are unreasonable they will be rejected if they are reasonable they will be heard.

Q. Should we listen to a member who trolls, insults and mock others ?
A. Every forum needs a troll, as long as the said member is not being particularly offensive I don't care. Its a defence forum people gotta have a thick skin.

Q. Should the staff think about the forum's future; should it leave its very raison d'etre and also the secular ethos of the nation to which it is devoted to cater or cater to the whims of one member who is worried that the society is degenerating because on a corner of the internet devoted to Indian defence he is not allowed to propagate his views that LSD was responsible for the hallucinations that Jesus saw ?
A. As much as I'd like India to be an open country, where the mind is without fear and head is held high; I'd like DFI to retain its core focus as much as possible even if that means a few taboo subjects are offlimits.

Q. Can you seriously listen to a member who claims to own a Skoda Yeti ? And also a bisexual ?
A. No. You never know which way he'll swing next. :lol:

Thread Closed for 24 hours, so that the message can be absorbed by one and all.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Before others want to chime in, also pay heed to a warning given before

"I am not really enjoying the communal discussions taking place on DFI and the consequent need for invasive, constant and active moderation.

If the same continues we'll be forced to put a moratorium on such discussions. I request you all to self-moderate, and be nice."
http://defenceforumindia.com/religi...rashtriya-swayamsevak-sangh-5.html#post416096

Staff members are all employed buys individuals, who take out time from their professional and personal lives to contribute to the forum.

We can't be expected too put in more hours than necessary in moderating the website, therefore, whatever topics/threads which go out of hand or have the potential to go out of hand will be closed. And in case you all are wondering, yes we are still being attacked.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
For Christ's sake, let the ads not cover the posts which it is doing right now.

If one can't read what has been written because the ad is covering it, now in the name of Dickens, can one comment?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have taken pmaitra's suggestion and the ads have gone!

Thanks.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Please move the thread update to the top, new members dont seem to get which are the most happening threads.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
thread pages numbers should be at the right side on the bottom, not on the left side, it gives confusion when at the top you have it on the right side.

indian_sukhoi

Question - How to increase DFI website rating??

I mean, Whenever i tried to type anything related to Military in google, I find Pak Froums coming up in the first page.

Example, If i type "Indian Defence Forum" . DFI will be shown in the bottan page whereas Pk in the front.

Is there anyway we can increase the website rating.It will definitely help in joining new members, especially Foreign members

Cheers,

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I mean, Whenever i tried to type anything related to Military in google, I find Pak Froums coming up in the first page.

Example, If i type "Indian Defence Forum" . DFI will be shown in the bottan page whereas Pk in the front.

Is there anyway we can increase the website rating.It will definitely help in joining new members, especially Foreign members

Cheers,
We need to have more posts (and members) for our ranking to be higher.

And having a high rank will help in joining new members, like you say. :pound:

Chicken-and-egg.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
well there should be option for lifetime edit post option for sticky thread only as any new information can be added to it when required ?
for example there is something new / or u missed something & get the information later & u cannot edit the post after 24-48 hrs so it would be helpful .
As one (eg a new member )cannot browse all the pages of a sticky thread to see all updates but we can make the thread updated exactly like WIKIPEDIA .

REGARDS

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
We need to have more posts (and members) for our ranking to be higher.

And having a high rank will help in joining new members, like you say. :pound:

Chicken-and-egg.
More viewers need to become posters.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Cheers,
Avoid pakis and fakis even if they show up and post on DFI. Get more
of your mates here and in due course we will be right up there. Pakis have a 4-5 year head start on us.and off course they keep DDOSing us from time to time. There is no let up on that.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
More viewers need to become posters.
Viewers see this post. It's our US patron. if he can post on Indian forum then Indians sure can. Sign up and post, don't just sit there!!!!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
When images of newspaper articles are posted instead of quotes they are difficult to read without magnification.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles