Suggestions and Feedback

A.V.

moderators keep a watch on most posts we have 14 staff members scanning the forum daily but its not possible to view 500 odd posts daily that is why we have a report button

just press the report post button then mods get notified and they merge and delete posts accordingly , we have to rely on members for this there is no other system that can be put in place to stop this

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
One more suggestion.....

How about switching over to re-Captcha for user registration (vb supports it I guess) ? imo it's way better than the current captcha system which is allowing a lot of spam bots

A.V.

we will install the most recent spam management into the root dedicated box that is hosting dfi and our other sites that will cure this spam error for all

just need time lots of work on the main server in progress , including the one you mentioned in the previous post

thanks

Oracle

Yes! Wait till you receive more complaints :happy_2:
F5 works instantly!

Last edited:

A.V.

One more suggestion.....

How about switching over to re-Captcha for user registration (vb supports it I guess) ? imo it's way better than the current captcha system which is allowing a lot of spam bots
re-captcha introduced on all sites from the server including dfi and dw

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
The icons look great but IMO the flash banner looks too distracting.

Normal horizontal icons could be a better idea, something like this maybe...

sandeepdg

Guys, is there a way to delete a duplicate post ?? Please let me know.

Oracle

Yes, on your post, click edit post. Then click go advanced, The delete option would be there!

And if it is not there, request Mods to help you out!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
When I get Connection Timed Out, is it because of my internet server or that of the DFI server?

How to resolve this?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
When I get Connection Timed Out, is it because of my internet server or that of the DFI server?

How to resolve this?
Most likely a problem with your internet not working or slow speed. And very rarely it can also happen on the DFI server end if there is too much traffic or if the server is very slow. In this case all one can do is to ensure one's internet speed and connection is good and hope for proper working of DFI server.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Extraordinary.

I pressed the button thanks for Daredevil's post and the button changed to 'Comment'.

Reloaded three times and the same thing happened!

Anyway Daredevil, Thanks!

A.V.

yes sir the problem is there are too many buttons there and the thanks and comments button got overlapped , what i will do is remove that blog this post button so that , such problems dont arise

also the dfi server is up and optimized for a good speed and very high traffic so i doubt the server time out was an issue from this end but will have a look at error logs to check any server downtime

@lurkerbaba :- check the flash now

@ sandeep :- did you get the delete option as oracle pointed ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Request for addition of 'ALH Dhruv : Problems with Dhruv' thread as a Sticky in Military Aviation / Air Forces section..
Request for Renaming of 'ALH Dhruv : Problems with Dhruv' to simply as ALH Dhruv..

Thanks!

ejazr

Ambassador
The Jammu Kashmir sticky thread seems to be in the World Affairs section. Should it not be under Indian Affairs?

chex3009

Country flag
While posting in a thread, there's no option for increasing size font, so i have to post it first and then edit post to increase font size for any title. Plz do the required if possible. And on the latest posts corner at the bottom of the page, clicking on the link doesn't take me to the last posted page, instead it takes me to the beginning of the thread.

A.V.

chex in the quick reply option just press button GO ADVANCED will get all options there

chex3009

Country flag
Malware on Page 47 of the thread : J20 China's 5G fighter aircraft...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles