Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Saiga-12 and its forks are damn underrated shotguns in our defense sphere
our SF could've gotten them for cheap instead of going after Spas-12, Spas-15, AA-12 and such pricey shotguns
Corruption bro.Plus Russians never mind to sell their weapons to us except Ak203 .Otherwise we could have got AKMs Pks Pp-19s ,Vss/Sv-3 9x39 series all in time instead of costly alternatives .We could have bought Ak203s half the price if we hadn’t thought about making factory in Amethi which was not necessary but importing or making in anywhere else in India would have done the job

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Saiga-12 and its forks are damn underrated shotguns in our defense sphere
our SF could've gotten them for cheap instead of going after Spas-12, Spas-15, AA-12 and such pricey shotguns
The Saiga and Vepr mag-fed shotguns would be highly appreciated by NSG. We could actually make something like this ourselves.
1711567441387.png

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
The Saiga and Vepr mag-fed shotguns would be highly appreciated by NSG. We could actually make something like this ourselves.
View attachment 245850
Yes, look at those Khyber pass based goat shaggers, they have been making quite crude but working 12 gauge AK forks of Saiga-12K
1711577714395.png

and this one looks crude then have a look at something BL1 12-bore combat shotgun by them
1711578009110.png

meanwhile we 🤷‍♂️ ...
despite having entire INSAS line under us which is our own AK fork we are not even thinking about making a 12 gauge self loading shotgun out of it

if any ARDE//DRDO//OFB-AWEIL ka babu is reading this post...
take your Ugram rifle and fork it into 12-gauge shotgun like this, re!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Yes, look at those Khyber pass based goat shaggers, they have been making quite crude but working 12 gauge AK forks of Saiga-12K
View attachment 245862
and this one looks crude then have a look at something BL1 12-bore combat shotgun by them
View attachment 245863

meanwhile we 🤷‍♂️ ...
despite having entire INSAS line under us which is our own AK fork we are not even thinking about making a 12 gauge self loading shotgun out of it

if any ARDE//DRDO//OFB-AWEIL ka babu is reading this post...
take your Ugram rifle and fork it into 12-gauge shotgun like this, re!
Do they makes these polymer stock and other parts or just scavenge from Afghan stocks available in black market?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Do they makes these polymer stock and other parts or just scavenge from Afghan stocks available in black market?
both,depending on their prowess i think
small scale shed-based jugadus might be making their stuffs from salvaged stuff while ones above might be manufacturing / getting manufactured from plastic makers
but thing is they understand basics of a platform (Kalashnikov mainly) very well to be able to tinker around with those shapes and making something working-workable out of it

while we have big ass 'agencies' here who barely show such innovations despite having more than enough manpower, machinery and technical knowhows (sic) 🤷‍♂️

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
small scale shed-based jugadus might be making their stuffs from salvaged stuff while ones above might be manufacturing / getting manufactured from plastic makers
but thing is they understand basics of a platform (Kalashnikov mainly) very well to be able to tinker around with those shapes and making something working-workable out of it

while we have big ass 'agencies' here who barely show such innovations despite having more than enough manpower, machinery and technical knowhows (sic) 🤷‍♂️
Thats why i respect these tribals.Btw neither does pakistan govt tries to tap the potential of these craftsman to make any quality weapon.They too makes G3 variants which I don’t think are that much great as they look.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

I recently had a chat with youtuber will scary who posess atleast a dozen authentic Aks.He has atleast one Khyber Ak,he told me the quality of metal used is bad and the weapon sucks as no heat treatment is done and soft metal is used as they don’t have access to quality metal and most are junk.He may had access to darra weapons while he was in Army.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I recently had a chat with youtuber will scary who posess atleast a dozen authentic Aks.He has atleast one Khyber Ak,he told me the quality of metal used is bad and the weapon sucks as no heat treatment is done and soft metal is used as they don’t have access to quality metal and most are junk.He may had access to darra weapons while he was in Army.
it's true but then again porks are able to get lots of stolen/smuggled original military hardware through afghanisan sides and due to eased gun licensing or little gun control there they can also import turkroach, chinese and even russian made 'civilian' rifles there easily, you can search pakistan rifle unboxing in youtube to see o g russian saiga rifles being demonstrated by them

so overall it's matter of price economics for them, those who cannot afford costly imported guns or just want something that goes bang bang will mostly get darra ka jugaadu maal, rest will get some kwality stuff for themselves

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles