Slander posted against Indian Navy on reddit

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i don't know why you guys are talking this seriously.the american have a old habbit of speaking ill about others.they had a big propoganda campaign against the soviet in cold war,germans in ww2,china now.i remember when the american were defeated in 90% of dogfights in cope india 2004 they came and trashed su-30mki but it was later transpired that they lost even against mig-21 bison.also any "invincible"american carrier is as good as dead if bhramos missile is fired upon it let alone china's df-21.they don't even have the guts to attack pigmies like iran and north korea.even a tribal country like afghanistan has to be invaded with support from allies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
That was a fake profile and now it has been deleted.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Much more with much less

Though the post you referred to has been since deleted, I found chunks of it somewhere else.

Given my background, I cannot go too much into specifics but suffice to say that the report is exaggerated. The stuff about seamanship, bridgemanship and engineering is all overstated. Yes, our people may not be wearing steel-tipped shoes but they are professional alright. They keep our ships going. Remember the ship we are talking of in this case was the first indigenous destroyer constructed by Mazagaon docks and has been having some issues with its aesthetics and efficiency of certain machinery and systems since its early days.

The US Navy spends dollars like water to get its ships done up by contractors, at numerous yards around the world. Our sailors and officers do it all by themselves. Our boys take brushes and rollers and paint every nook and cranny of the ship. Contractors do it for the Americans and they use top quality stuff in everything. That is the advantage of being the richest Navy in the world.

We still run our ships by some kind of 'jugaad' – by hook or crook. Sometimes by help of the dockyards, sometimes by self help. Our procedures and methods are getting refined but after all this national outrage over corruption, there will be more red-tapism towards spending public money and hence more delays and lethargy. This is not helping the situation. A ship is a thousand machines and systems put together. It requires more that willpower to keep the show running. We need quicker and easier procedures to run and maintain our technology-driven Navy.

There are certain things in that post which are facts—albeit unpleasant. But that is the way we are improving, notch by notch. Our people are running the ships on a pittance. Our ships go to all corners of the world and do all kinds of operations—our people never look at the money. Compare this to the fortunes that USN personnel earn in their active duty periods. Yet we deliver.

Last year, a US Navy submarine and a destroyer collided in the Gulf. A new UK submarine grounded off Scotland early this year. All navies have their share of problems.

The total Defence budget of India is comparable to the Special Operations Command budget of the US. There ends the comparison. Our slogan is "much more with much less".

The Broad Mind » Much more with much less

hyap

Follow-up:
That racist+bigot "m0tbaillie" who started that AmA deleted his profile.

I am saluting this guy named exnavy1342
whoever he is.Bravo,he defended our country very well.Read his answers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/kcski/ama_request_any_officer_member_from_the_indian/
AMA Request: Any Officer /Member from the Indian Navy by ashwinsidin IAmA[–]exnavy1342 4 points 19 hours agoThe "slaves" which "m0tbaillie" is claiming in his posts are called 'Civilian Bearers' or simply as "CB". They help Officers with their daily chores and are paid out of pocket by the Officers. In no shape, form or function are they are "Slaves" or referred to as one ! As i took pains to explain, they are not SERVANTS as some one else commented. Is the waiter who serves you in restaurant your servant? Is the dry cleaner who launders your clothes your servant? They are professionals who charge for their services. In this case they happen to be civilians. In every large capital ship there is usually one CB and one Barber who sail during extended deployments/ missions.regarding the topic of wearing sandals, there is a provision for wearing "closed toed sandals with back straps" for watch-keeping personnel who as a part of their watch stay in the confines of the Bridge, Ops Room or Radio room while at sea. This is considering the tropical climates we operate in on a regular basis.

AMA Request: Any Officer /Member from the Indian Navy by ashwinsidin IAmA
[–]exnavy1342 4 points 1 day agoIamA Ex-Indian naval officer. AMA . i just send the message proof request to the moderators.

IAmA US Naval Officer who spent 5 days onboard an Indian Navy warship, INS Delhi. AMA. by [deleted]in IAmA
[–]exnavy1342 7 points 1 day agoAs i took pains to explain, they are not SERVANTS you moron. Is the waiter who serves you in restaurant your servant? Is the dry cleaner who launders your clothes your servant? They are professionals who charge for their services. In this case they happen to be civilians. In every large capital ship there is usually one CB and one Barber who sail during extended deployments/ missions.

IAmA US Naval Officer who spent 5 days onboard an Indian Navy warship, INS Delhi. AMA. by [deleted]in IAmA
[–]exnavy1342 4 points 1 day agoHi, I did not consider it changes in my career, but as picking up additional qualifications and excelling in multiple fields. I had chalked this career path earlier on before joining the Navy, while in the academy and just stuck to it. There is just one other person in the history of our Navy with my qualifications, so I truly understand your skepticism, but I dont know how else to convince you.

[–]exnavy1342 -3 points 1 day agoIn continuation of my reply series, yes we use a 8 inch steel rod while firing our casting gun line, but in the recorded history of doing so there doesnt seem to be any instance of anyone getting impaled by the casting gun line ! You fucking moron , get out of you stupid american "sue each other's ass culture" where coffee cups have to say "caution HOT"! Certain things are understood by adults all over the world that when the casting gun line is fired, navies all over the world take cover and use their mother fucking EYES to watch the line. " Tennis balls !! GeeZ are you being mollycoddled in your Navy? Dont tell me you have cupholders sponsored by COKE on your gun turrets !!, Wait a minute, there was no " caution the seas are choppy" sign while you were riding the transfer boat to INS Delhi and you are planning on suing for your cell phone and mental distress right ? Jackass m0tbaillie

[–]exnavy1342 2 points 1 day agoAnd for all those ass kissing, butt licking, **** sucking fraud Indian ABCD's ( Acronym for American born confused Indians ) who jump on the bandwagon of any one bashing anything Indian to prove they are any better, Go get a life and please know what you are sucking up to. IMHO, I agree there are a truck load of things wrong with India as a whole, but that gives nobody the right to generalize and make sweeping statements on subjects which you have no fucking clue about.

[–]exnavy1342 2 points 1 day agoI can give you all the proof you need, but I increasingly feel here that people just want to hear what they feel good about. So have fun and roll in the mud with the rest of them here, but at least I am glad you read my thread and put things together for whatever it is worth. Like I said, this is my first post and would be very skeptical about giving any personal details here. If there is any way of confirming my identity to you confidentially, lemme know and I will more than glad. The last thing I want to do is, roll in the mud with the pigs here !

[–]exnavy1342 -4 points 1 day agoGet a life shit head and read IAmA US Naval Officer who spent 5 days onboard an Indian Navy warship, INS Delhi. AMA. : IAmA

[–]exnavy1342 3 points 1 day agoExactly my point. I was just getting to this my my next set of replies and bingo you snatched it out of my mouth ! 'They more or less did not have any hard-copy written procedures for any exercise or event, at all."
Really ? And in my 13 years with the same Indian Navy you are talking about, I thought we were killed with excessive paper work !! You crock of shit "m0tbaillie"

[–]exnavy1342 11 points 1 day agoThe "slaves" which "m0tbaillie" is claiming in his posts are called 'Civilian Bearers' or simply as "CB". They help Officers with their daily chores and are paid out of pocket by the Officers. In no shape, form or function are they are "Slaves" or referred to as one ! regarding the topic of wearing sandals, there is a provision for wearing "closed toed sandals with back straps" for watch-keeping personnel who as a part of their watch stay in the confines of the Bridge, Ops Room or Radio room while at sea. This is considering the tropical climates we operate in on a regular basis.

[–]exnavy1342 0 points 1 day agoHi drawneddude, In the past 3 years of my being a passive reader on Reddit, I have never once posted a comment, but this BULLSHIT what "m0tbaillie" is feeding in here has hit pretty close to home and I couldnt ignore it, as much as I thought I should.

[–]exnavy1342 1 point 1 day agoThere after I volunteered to join the Aviation arm of the navy before I turned 25 as I really wanted to be a Naval aviator. Again after a rigorous selection process and actually going back to the basics, three years of cross training with the Indian Airforce, and the Naval Aviation, I finally became a fighter pilot in the Indian Navy. Mind you, the point I am trying to make here is the multi level selection process and screenings which I had to undergo to move within the same navy that this thread seems to be ridiculing !! I know that the Indian Navy as a whole lacks in term modernization, fundings through chineese borrowings. But what we more than make up for is training, dedication and a never say die attitude. I have had men under me ready to do what ever it takes to get the job done, with scant regard to their personal safety. I have served under and had officers serve under me who would put the safety of their sailors and men they command higher than the well being of their families. We as a Fighting force do not whine and complain about every thing which is wrong with the world (including the lack of toilet papers which we do not use), but go about our daily job of actually running a ship, submarine or and aircraft and not sit on some website trying to impress a bunch of civilians with military jargons. The proof being that not a single bonafide person has strongly refuted your argument.

[–]exnavy1342 -2 points 1 day agoBefore my ship tenure I volunteered to become a Naval Diver just as another option to spend a tenure with the British Navy was opening up for me. Unlike my friend "m0tbaillie" who opts to float like jetsam ( Jetsam is part of a ship, its equipment, or its cargo that is purposefully cast overboard or jettisoned to lighten the load in time of distress and that sinks or is washed ashore.) from one navy to another with his ignorant wide mouth open, I opted to take on the tough Naval Diver course which is the professional epitome of a royal screw. It is so tough that it makes one look at life at a whole different perspective. On a side note, In Indian navy we keep our best officers in jobs they really are good at and send the rest on deputations with other navies, exchange programs, boys scout training camps and the likes. Just a thought about what "m0tbaillie" was doing on INS Delhi !

[–]exnavy1342 -2 points 1 day agoWe have had an extensive training regimen before taking over the reigns of a ship independently at sea and I am factually correct in saying that the period and quality of training exceeds all western training standards in scope and exhaustiveness. I was commissioned in the Indian Navy in the Executive branch at age of 22, After Obtaining my Qualifications of " Watch-keeping Ticket" ( being a OOD in Harbour and OOW at sea ) on a frigate, I went on to become a Navigating Officer of an LCU ( A small ship used for Amphibious beaching operations ) at the age of 24. Needless to say we were only two officers on board with a total crew of 40 sailors and carried out hundreds of beaching operations with army personnel and light combat vehicles. We did not sink, drown, collide or kill anyone in the process for the last 40 years or so during the life of the ship. ( Much to the dismay of "m0tbaillie" I am sure. More in the next post ...

[–]exnavy1342 25 points 1 day agoI was a Commissioned Officer in the Indian Navy for 13 years and accepted premature retirement a few years ago. I was commissioned in the navy after graduating from NDA ( National Defence Academy) modeled after West Point. It is pertinent to note that at the age of 18 I choose to be a Naval officer and had to go through a rigorous selection process. Out of about 100,000 who take a written exam for joining the academy, about 50 Naval cadets were accepted to join the Academy out of a total of 315 for Army and Airforce. National Defence Academy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(India) So much for the shit heads who think that we get into the Navy due to feudal connections or family money !! And it has been so for the past 60 years or so.

[–]exnavy1342 -2 points 1 day agoI happen to read this post after a friend sent it to me. All I can say is OMG, this So called USN Officer "m0tbaillie" is so full of shit, condescending, Pathological liar, Factually incorrect at so many levels, and Loud mouthed that he gives his whole country a bad name. I will be following up with reasons for saying so and also my credentials in follow up posts. I am really trying to format my thoughts as I do not know where to start ! And for all those ass kissing, butt licking, **** sucking fraud Indian ABCD's ( Acronym for American born confused Indians ) who jump on the bandwagon of any one bashing anything Indian to prove they are any better, Go get a life and please know what you are sucking up to. IMHO, I agree there are a truck load of things wrong with India as a whole, but that gives nobody the right to generalize and make sweeping statements on subjects which you have no fucking clue about.
His answers WOW just WOW, and his ABCD Acronym is just brilliant. And he asked Reddit mods permission to do a AmA about Indian Navy and I am eagerly waiting.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
i don't know why you guys are talking this seriously.the american have a old habbit of speaking ill about others.they had a big propoganda campaign against the soviet in cold war,germans in ww2,china now.i remember when the american were defeated in 90% of dogfights in cope india 2004 they came and trashed su-30mki but it was later transpired that they lost even against mig-21 bison.also any "invincible"american carrier is as good as dead if bhramos missile is fired upon it let alone china's df-21.they don't even have the guts to attack pigmies like iran and north korea.even a tribal country like afghanistan has to be invaded with support from allies.
Don't trash on the Americans dude - they are way out of our league. A word of advice, stick to the topic and try not to put out BS ...
The US Navy is the largest , most well funded and most well trained not to mention the best equipped - read Singh's comments above. They maintain more carriers than the REST OF THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER!

The USN supercarriers (CVNs) are indeed formidable if not invincible. Firing a single Brahmos will not bring it down. The CVNs carry anti-missile defenses that can easily stop a single supersonic missile. There was a discussion about this and some video posted as proof a while ago. Also, a single missile hit will NOT sink a CVN (unless it is a nuke). You need a barrage of supersonic conventional anti-ship missiles to take down one CVN. Not easy at all.
Any armed combat aircraft(s) that can get close enough to a CVN (after detecting it) will also be facing a squadron of F-18s to deal with.

Also, IN will never fire upon a CVN - for obvious reasons. The Americans are our allies and not enemies, IN and IAF does joint training with them. If you are still caught in a cold-war mentality, get over it.

As for the Chinese "carrier killer" - it is not even in operation - all a conjecture.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I take back my words, that guy was a fake and a troll. Reddit has oft late been a total troll fest.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I had a look at some of the posts and the comments were really BAD! The whole discussion looked like a bunch of housewives or schoolkids trashing someone else. The worst were probably the covertly racist a-holes and the ABCD wannabes (by the way, ABCD means American Born Confused Desi, not Indian).
However, when all said and done, reddit is NOT someplace that any knowledgeable person goes to learn about a military. It is a place where people go to find out what the nearby beer joint is ...

So, my advice again - stop bothering about it - it's a shitfest for shitheads - stay clear and your brain will smell good.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles