RSS sends legal notice to CBI for 'leaking' Aseemanand's confession

SHASH2K2

NEW DELHI: The RSS on Saturday sent a legal notice to the CBI, accusing it of "deliberately leaking" to the media the reported confession of right-wing activist Swami Aseemanand, the main accused in 2007 Samjhauta Express blast.

The notice termed the leakage of Aseemanand's statement as a "politically motivated" and calculated move to "jeopardise" his reputation and deny him a fair treatment.

"The repeated abuse of authority and misuse of law by you do not only render you liable in law as stated but show also how tainted your investigation is," it stated.

On Friday, Swami Aseemanand, the head of the Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Gujarat's Dangs district, has reportedly confessed before a magistrate to his involvement in the February 2007 Samjhauta train blast.

He was arrested on November 19, 2010 for his alleged involvement in the Ajmer, Hyderabad and Samjhauta Express blasts, which took place in 2007.

"By presenting the statement made by Aseemanand in the manner you have contrived shows your fairness is dubious and assessment of facts doctored to suit political purposes," the notice stated.

"It is not only in breach of law but liable in addition under the Contempt of Court Act, 1971 for criminal contempt as the exercise undertaken by you is clearly intended to prejudice the minds of the public by deliberately presenting a statement the truth of which is not established as a fact."

The method of investigation has not only to be "scrupulously straight forward" but "it should also have the appearance of being so," it said.

"Aside from the fact you are bound that no harassment be caused to any person", there should be no "zeal to show good work" has been done and you need to be "absolutely fair and impartial," the notice added.

Read more: RSS sends legal notice to CBI for 'leaking' Aseemanand's confession - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ession-/articleshow/7242596.cms#ixzz1AS0Puma7

arya

Country flag
no doubt now ageience are working for govt not for nation

har sakh par ulu batha hai anjmae gulista kya hoga

S.A.T.A

How CBI would have wished there was a similar confession from Arushi's parents,atleast would have saved CBI from ignominy of having to tell the world nobody killed Arushi'.

arya

Country flag
How CBI would have wished there was a similar confession from Arushi's parents,atleast would have saved CBI from ignominy of having to tell the world nobody killed Arushi'.
dont you think cbi ,nsg,IT and other agience are working for there master not for job as rules and regulation

Vikramaditya

Country flag
If RSS as an organization is involved then it should be ban..gov should ban all religious organization...this kind of origination has no place in Indian society..this kind of organization its Hindu, Muslim Sikhs or Christan not good for us in long run...

arya

Country flag
If RSS as an organization is involved then it should be ban..gov should ban all religious organization...this kind of origination has no place in Indian society..this kind of organization its Hindu, Muslim Sikhs or Christan not good for us in long run...
you are right but what you will do while govt is doing nothing from 1947 till now can you tell me how many human life we lost in terror attack

dont you think cong policy is danger for our nation

unless untill every indian stand for nation there leards will hurt our proud

S.A.T.A

Lt Col Shrikant Purohit is the allegedly he key accused in the Samghauta express blasts,wouldn't that require banning the Indian army as well,surely the army doesn't train its men only for them to end up blowing some trains from our friendly neighboring countries.

Flint

What an absurd post SATA. Army is a government organization. RSS is a non-governmental organization, and it's ideology is quite well known for causing religious tensions.

According to the Swami, his intention was to "take revenge" for the acts of Islamic terrorism on Hindu places of worship. One can imagine why somebody from the RSS would consider such an action.

S.A.T.A

@flint

Considering for moment the allegation of RSS link are true,RSS,like the army is a voluntary organization,attracting people with shared ideology and sense of service,neither the army nor the sangh,inspite of all their emphasis on discipline and character building ,can absolutely vouch for all acts of conscience of its members.The charge of RSS causing religious tension is an epic failure,almost all political organizations in the country can be accused for the same.To stretch the argument further its perhaps understandable why an Indian army office would allegedly target a train load of Pakistanis,after all isn't the Indian army known to dislike Pakistan.

With the congress led govt having already identified the sangh/BJp as its biggest political threat(which in Congress parlance extends to the country as well)perhaps one can imagine why a govt controlled investigation agency would manipulate such statements that might incriminate the organizations it is trying to best.

Flint

Again, the army is a Government organization. It cannot be banned because it is an arm of the government. I think you understand this fact very well. Why we are discussing something this absurd is beyond me. If you want to continue to make silly comparisons then go ahead.

Even if we ignore the absurdity, it's an insult to the Army, being compared with RSS. Being a pseudo-military organization outside the control of the government, it should be monitored strictly at the very least. I think we know the consequences of letting ideological groups run loose by watching our western neighbour.

Last edited:

S.A.T.A

casting aspersion on the Indian army for the acts of individuals is as absurd as calling action against RSS for alleged links,its your failure that you missed the figure of speech.RSS is a national organization that has done nothing we couldn't be not proud of,its popularity is widespread including the army,no wonder the swayam sevaks have in the past been co-opted by the army to carryout civil defense mobilization during times of war.

pseudo-military nothing could be more absurd than that.

Flint

No it isn't, and you know it very well. Swayam Sevaks and all other voluntary organizations are dispensable and exist at the pleasure of the government of India, no matter how storied their legacy may be in the eyes of some people. I won't debate it further. This is really shocking.

Last edited:

S.A.T.A

RSS or for that matter no nationalist organization exist on any govt pleasure,Indira Gandhi's emergency govt that had banned RSS certainly vouch for that,so much so western journalist,the only ones not put behind the bar in those years had declared RSS as the only bulwark for indian democracy and standing up for democracy in those dark days.Any govt that tries to dispense with organizations like RSS will see its constituents hanging by the gates of the red fort.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I am not defending RSS here. If they are involved in this than they must be banned. But go to the tribal dominated areas of Orissa, Chatisgarh and MP. You may not find any govt. school but will definitely find schools run by RSS. Have you ever gave a thought why BJP doing so well in tribal dominated areas even performing better than Congress in some areas? It is only because of the good work of RSS.

I have no faith in CBI. It can not solve a simple murder case. So CBI is good for nothing.

Oracle

RSS or for that matter no nationalist organization exist on any govt pleasure,Indira Gandhi's emergency govt that had banned RSS certainly vouch for that,so much so western journalist,the only ones not put behind the bar in those years had declared RSS as the only bulwark for indian democracy and standing up for democracy in those dark days.Any govt that tries to dispense with organizations like RSS will see its constituents hanging by the gates of the red fort.
I don't agree with the bold part. However Indian I am, the tolerant me or say the fool me believes in a country where everyone is treated equally. RSS has to their credit some good scores, but if it is proven that RSS is involved in anti India activities, strict punishments should be meted out to them.

In present India, Congress might be a demon according to many of you. BJP is no saint either.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Lets see the track record of CBI is some major cases...
1. Bofors (20 odd years) - No conviction
2. Hawala - CBI used as a tool against political rivals
3. Fodder Scam - No politicians have been convicted.
4. 2G scam - yet to arrest anyone. Even FIR is not filed if I am not wrong.
5. CWG - Let's see. But I know nothing will happen.
6. Arushi murder case - CBI officers are behaving like Jokers

The list can go on and on...

Lets face the reality we have a Prime Minister with great integrity and honesty. But a spineless personality. Rahul Gandhi compared RSS with SIMI. He must check his brain first.

Oracle

/\/\/\ Add to your list the Bhopal Gas Tragedy!
CBI is indeed a worthless organization. They can't even solve a murder case? I am stoned!

S.A.T.A

Who is going to prove that RSS indulged in so called anti national activity,CBI, which a day after the Income tax panel reported that Quattrocchi and Win Chadha indeed where paid bribes(or to say it an refined manner,paid commission in excess or not in accordance to the original agreement)told the hon'ble cots that there was prima facie no case against Quattrocchi and the case must be closed(even the courts wanted to know why CBI was in haste to close the case)

This is not a trial,rather a political witch hunt,dont buy into this.

P.S:I wish some of our so called nationalist parties were indeed demons and kept their promise,if that were to be so, a certian Italian mademoiselle would have been back in the Mediterranean waiting tables.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
what a normal indian will do if govt arm force will not able to protect human life

can any one tell me how many human life we lost in terror attack from 1947 and who is responsible for that

our govt , agience , arm force are equall responsible for failure and success goes toward like ajmal kasba then why not we satnd up and refuse to loss

my lfe is for my nation not for corrupt govt

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles