• I cannot pick a side.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
To stimulate debate:

What is difference between indian ramayan and indonesian ramayan? - Yahoo! Answers India

The difference is in the Authors itself.

Indian Ramayan is the Original Ramayan authored by Sage Valmiki

Indonesian Ramayan is the Srilankan version of Ramayan authored by Rishi Kamban.

Valmiki was a Dacoit who transformed himself into an enlightened Sage due to a meeting with Lord Rama. He chanted "Mara...Mara...Mara...." 108 times in order to learn to spell Rama Rama Rama...join ends of MA and RA to create Rama.

Kamban Ramayana is the other version of Ramayana. It depicts Sita as a Divine Goddess in the form of a Woman. In it there is a battle between Sita and Surpanakha which is censored in Valmiki's Ramayana.

Indian Ramayana portrays Sita as a soft, timid and beautiful woman whereas Indonesian Ramayan depicts her as a Bold, Strong and Powerful woman who fights with Asuras and Asuris in Sri Lanka herself without depending on her husband for her freedom from Ravana's Ten Thousand Wives.
Sita is similar to Draupadi in many ways in Indonesian & Sri Lankan Ramayan.
Indian Ramayana is Peaceful and less violent when compared with Srilankan Ramayan that has more gore and more violence in it. It actually mentions One on One battles between Devas and Asuras as well as between Devis (Goddesses) and Asuris (She-Demons). Sita engages Soorpanakha in a duel and defeats her in order to kill her. However she only cuts her rival's nose and sends her back to Ravana. At the sight of his sister's bleeding nose, Ravana seeks revenge and challenges Rama to a complete War. This is how Indonesian Ramayana describes the final war.

In Valmiki's Indian Ramayana, Lakshmana is shown to have cut Surpanakha's nose as she was trying to marry Rama and planning to defeat Sita by killing her. Laxmana's chopping of her nose enrages Ravana who wages war on India's Lord and his army of Monkeys (Vanaras)

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
That's a big load of BS. You're talking about DMK's version, which says that Hanuman was a "monkey-faced" Dravidian Dalit.
Alright then . . .

For the Record . . .

It is not DMK's version . . . I never called Hanuman Dravid . . .

It's the Nirad C Chaudhary version / Interpretation of events

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am intrigued by this line

Indonesian Ramayan is the Srilankan version of Ramayan authored by Rishi Kamban.

Rishi Kamban as in Kambar who wrote the Tamil version ?!

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Even the Aryan Dravidian part ?
Well yeah Aryan / Dravidian version is what i make of it when i combine his version with The Aryan Invasion Theory . . .

He ofcourse he contended that Rama must have been a king of Persian Origins . . . and other as Natives/Aboriginals

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
OT

I Googled this guy.

He thinks British civilized us and compares British Colonization of Indian to Romanization of Barbarians by the Roman Empire ! I find it difficult to take him seriously

Nirad C. Chaudhuri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nobody needs to take everything from anyone seriously . . .

Every POV has its merits still . . .More or less

I believe the Myth of Ramyana is rooted in History rather then simply the fantasies of some sage .

Its not totally Pointless to try to interpolate myth with the Historical theories

KS

Bye bye DFI
Not another AIT thread...FFS.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
OT

I Googled this guy.

He thinks British civilized us and compares British Colonization of Indian to Romanization of Barbarians by the Roman Empire ! I find it difficult to take him seriously

Nirad C. Chaudhuri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since u quoted Wikipedia . . .

I think u might have made just a cursory glance at the Article
" To the memory of the British Empire in India,
Which conferred subjecthood upon us,
But withheld citizenship.
To which yet every one of us threw out the challenge:
"Civis Britannicus sum"
Because all that was good and living within us
Was made, shaped and quickened
By the same British rule.

The dedication, which was actually a mock-imperial rhetoric,
^
perhaps you missed this part . . .

So no he didin't think that British civilized us . . .actually quite the opposite

Last edited:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
This guy was awarded with the Order of the British Empire by the Queen herself.
and that to you is a verdict . . . ??

All his life he spoke even many times suffered for standing up for Indian Culture and its History . . .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles