PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
bruh, I am bit old to understand these AM5 OR 4. Pls elaborate on these..
AM4 has reached it's end of life, those who purchased 1st generation ryzen 1000 series processors with AM4 were successful in upgrading to the latest 3rd gen of ryzen 5000 processors without changing the mobo.

But upcoming 7000 series gen 4 Ryzens will need new AM5 platform which will further be supported for next 1 or 2 generations of processors.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
If you purchase from Amazon major brand will honor warranty. You will have to submit Amazon invoice when submitting RMA and you also have 15 days Amazon return facility.
I asked around when purchasing my gpu companies said nope reddit had whole thread on it maybe it changed now

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I asked around when purchasing my gpu companies said nope reddit had whole thread on it maybe it changed now
Asked around where? Talk to GPU companies directly if in doubt. Shopkeepers and distributors have a vested interest that you purchase items from them.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Asked around where? Talk to GPU companies directly if in doubt. Shopkeepers and distributors have a vested interest that you purchase items from them.
Well it's done and dusted now and 40 series doesn't seem like worth it I will look out for 50 series

Proxy1234

Country flag
AM - AMD Motherboard
Right now, latest gen is AM5 that is now on the market. So, price of AM4 will come down drastically, but if you buy AM4 cheaply now, you will have to pay a lot more 1-2 years down the line for any of its part as its production will soon stop.
AM5 is the best bet to buy a new motherboard now, could wait for 3-4 months for prices of DDR5 RAM (for AM4, it is DDR4 RAM, which are quite cheap) and memory drives to come down though...

Kumata

Country flag
Help me.. what is the equivalent AMD processor for
INTEL CORE I5-12400

bahadur shah duffer

Country flag
Normal Average Usage.. Just have All hardware lying except fr MOBO / Processor...which got fried ..for gaming ,, Kids have xbox..
Goto this website put in your pc parts you already have & then compare the Mobo/Processor to check for compatibility.
To check & compare performance you can use this website
If its just for normal usage, you dont need AM5, DDR 5 etc

Based on your cpu case size (ATX or Micro ATX) you should decide on the MOBO & Processor. Also check RAM compatibility with MOBO website

Proxy1234

Country flag
Last edited:

johnj

look for Intel i5 12400.. budget processor and should suffice all your computing needs...it's 17100 on clarion... I cheapest I cud find... I m in negotiating with them for my own rig... earlier i7 and mobo got fried... 😑😑😑
''i7 and mobo got fried'' - very sad, but how ? cpu is very hard to fail, why not consider a new mobo ?
Intel i5 12400 is a great choice, also consider reusing ram, cpu support both ddr4/ddr5.

johnj

CPU Sockets. The socket is the component that provides the mechanical and electrical connections between the processor and motherboard.
AM5/4/3/ etc for AMD, intel uses pin counts numbers.

johnj

If you purchase from Amazon major brand will honor warranty. You will have to submit Amazon invoice when submitting RMA and you also have 15 days Amazon return facility.
15 days Amazon return facility & warranty two different things.
For global purchase [india] warranty is none or rare, but 15 days Amazon return facility - ok for some products.
Local purchase - its depends on seller, but 15 days Amazon return facility - ok.

johnj

AM - AMD Motherboard
Right now, latest gen is AM5 that is now on the market. So, price of AM4 will come down drastically, but if you buy AM4 cheaply now, you will have to pay a lot more 1-2 years down the line for any of its part as its production will soon stop.
AM5 is the best bet to buy a new motherboard now, could wait for 3-4 months for prices of DDR5 RAM (for AM4, it is DDR4 RAM, which are quite cheap) and memory drives to come down though...
Right.
In your case, if you not interested in Intel, then stick with AM5. AM4 only good for low/bottom end systems.
There is a lot of plus point for AM5 compared to AM4 except price.
First you need to pick a cpu/apu. it tells you what socket to buy, then you need to pick a chipset, then features, and build quality and etc, mobo is the most important part and very hard to choose. More powerful the cpu/apc its very hard to choose a mobo.
I always give important to asus, with extra warranty [3+2], also msi, asrock etc also having good mobos [inr around 15k to 35k].

johnj

Normal Average Usage.. Just have All hardware lying except fr MOBO / Processor...which got fried ..for gaming ,, Kids have xbox..
Which cpu you used ? if its 2 year or more old, I5-12400 or above or amd 5700x or new/upcoming ones.
I5-12400 or above i5 [same gen LGA 1700] can use working hardware.
Which mobo brand you used ?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
15 days Amazon return facility & warranty two different things.
For global purchase [india] warranty is none or rare, but 15 days Amazon return facility - ok for some products.
Local purchase - its depends on seller, but 15 days Amazon return facility - ok.
Local Indian sellers also don't provide any support or warranty help. They just shed responsibility and ask to call customer care center.

I personally ordered CPU, GPU, RAM and PCIe Serial Port Cards. Never faced an issue.
Most major brand honor Amazon Invoice.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles