Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Oracle

NIA likely to probe American rifle recovery case

The National Investigation Agency is all set to take over the probe into the recovery of an American Colt and Hart M-16 rifle from an alleged arms supplier and a Maoist zonal commander in Jharkhand.

Official sources said a team of NIA has already visited Silodar forest from where the American gun, an Italian pistol and UK manufactured bulletproof jacket were recovered from alleged arms supplier Prafulla Malakar and Maoist zonal commander Anil Yadav four days ago.

Considering the significance involved in the recovery of the automatic weapons from a remote location in Jharkhand, the case will soon be handed over to NIA for probe, they said.

The investigators will try to find out the link of the suppliers, the possible route of the arms smuggling and whether any official agency of neighbouring country was involved in the racket, sources said.

A formal notification handing over the case to NIA will soon be announced, they said.

Mark Kennedy

Would anyone have a current list of worst affected districts within the states experiencing the worst Naxal violence in 2012? I have found a government list that covers 2008 but have been unable to locate any current list.

Thanks

drkrn

Visakhapatnam: An unmanned aerial vehicle will be the part of an anti-Naxal operation to be launched along the Andhra Pradesh-Odisha border to flush out armed Maoist cadres, the Andhra Police chief said on Saturday.

"A full-fledged UAV will be employed along the AOB within three months to track down the ultras as part of a combined operation comprising CRPF, Greyhounds, paramilitary forces, Odisha Police and district police," Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy told reporters here.

Maoists have stepped up their activities along the Andhra- Odisha Border (AOB), he said, adding that around 10 to 15 helicopters might be used in the operation for transporting logistics.

The anti-Naxal operation will start under the unified commandant, Reddy said.

The UAV will help in tracking Maoists in forest areas by capturing their images which will be transmitted to the base station at Madurapudi in Rajahmundry and forces may be mobilised in choppers, he said.

Reddy was here to inaugurate CRPF barracks and a police dormitory at the District Police Office.

UAV to track Reds during anti-Naxal drive at AP-Odisha border

can some one tell what kind of uav's are going to be used.who is the actual owner of them.their equipment

Raj30

Hollywood action films part of Naxal training manual: Police - Hindustan Times

Action and war films from Hollywood,the entertainment mecca of 'capitalist' USA, are being used as a training tool by Naxals, a senior police official has said.

Recently, a CRPF jawan's body was found with an explosive device surgically implanted inside. Authorities said that this tactic was straight out of the Oscar-winning war film 'Hurt Locker' (2008).
Chhattisgarh police recently recovered CD players and CDs of Hollywood movies from a Naxal training camp in Bijapur district. These were action films, depicting commando training, bomb making process and warfare strategies.

"The forces recovered 8 CDs of Hollywood movies when they busted a Naxal training camp in forests of Pidiya village," said R K Vij, Additional Director General of Police, Naxal Operations, told PTI.

"CDs of the movies like 'Behind Enemy Lines', 'Delta Force', 'Die Hard', 'Matrix' and 'Gods Must Be Crazy' were among those recovered from the site," Vij said.

"Prima facie, it appears that Naxals were using CDs for training tribals," he said.

"The proactive measures by security forces have made it difficult for Naxals to hold mass training camps. So they may be taking the help of action films," he said.

A senior official with Intelligence Bureau also said, on the condition of anonymity, that ultras were using Hollywood movies to "learn offence strategies and to get know-how about the latest weapons for the past several years".

"The recent incident in Jharkhand where Maoists surgically implanted bomb inside the stomach of a CRPF personnel (killed in an encounter in Latehar district) was taken from a Hollywood movie," the official said.

sagarpt27

Well Friend I am working in Jharkhand as telecom engineer , I have to visit lots of places which also include worst naxalite districts of Palamu,Daltonganj,Latehar,east and west singhbhum I have seen lots of atrocities infront of my eyes and what should I say I am thankful to god that still I am alive, I have study a lot about naxalism but when I saw it in real time senario those theories are false or we can say all theories about spread and harding are true , you will find a person working hard on his fields in day but as the sun sets that person turns into maoist just like warewolfe , he will not hezitate for cutting you into pises if you come into contact at that time , just like an organization they have different departments and have chief for that , there intelligence preety damm good even better than our special forces as they have both sophesticated communication equipments ( chinees version) and human network and they use both of them to cross check each other , they have there medical department doctor who works in civil hospital nearby is there men , they have instructor who are vetren they teach new recruits about gurilla tactics , finacial department which look after all financial activities and also give orders for fund rasing through extortion , thev got there new allies like seperatists of NE and chinees and pakistani intelligence agencies this is just a upper layer

sagarpt27

The CRPF personels who were attacked on Jan , I had been with them for 4 days for my security , I come to know wat is helping nalxalits to hod tightly against so many state goverment and centeral goverment and i found that
1) There will to fight against system not India
2) There supporters from poor tribal to hifi ministers are there supporters
3) Permanent availability of funds
4)Arms and Ammos from NE sepratist grups and pak-china intel agencies
5) Hatered towards the goverment and its system

I was acknowledged by SI of that camp , that they are now using M-16 assult rifels insted of AKs And Insas looted by them ,grenades having chinees language marked on them and many thing that are easily pointing out that they are supplied by china to creat hevoc in india

limit_sky

Well Friend I am working in Jharkhand as telecom engineer , I have to visit lots of places which also include worst naxalite districts of Palamu,Daltonganj,Latehar,east and west singhbhum I have seen lots of atrocities infront of my eyes and what should I say I am thankful to god that still I am alive, I have study a lot about naxalism but when I saw it in real time senario those theories are false or we can say all theories about spread and harding are true , you will find a person working hard on his fields in day but as the sun sets that person turns into maoist just like warewolfe , he will not hezitate for cutting you into pises if you come into contact at that time , just like an organization they have different departments and have chief for that , there intelligence preety damm good even better than our special forces as they have both sophesticated communication equipments ( chinees version) and human network and they use both of them to cross check each other , they have there medical department doctor who works in civil hospital nearby is there men , they have instructor who are vetren they teach new recruits about gurilla tactics , finacial department which look after all financial activities and also give orders for fund rasing through extortion , thev got there new allies like seperatists of NE and chinees and pakistani intelligence agencies this is just a upper layer
Good account sir,
would like to know about the ground situation in details
please include whether our policy is effective or not.

sagarpt27

Friend our govt. policies in jharkhand is totally defencive , they wont allow paramilitary forces to hunt down their nurrseries in west and east singhbhum where new recruits trained or brain washed insted our govt and high ranking officers send troops to their stronghold just to make "buffer zone" so that naxalism should be limited in only those effected areas it is good upto some extent but foresite it will give adverse effect which we r seeing right now so Indian govt has to take "Offensive" step to hunt down naxalism .

sagarpt27

I can challenge u all that naxalism problem in India will never be sorted out because they have their supporters in goverment, In india each and every thing happen only with goverment will power

bhramos

Country flag
I can challenge u all that naxalism problem in India will never be sorted out because they have their supporters in goverment, In india each and every thing happen only with goverment will power
until their is poverty and exploitation this problem will not be solved, as i have seen this problem in my life more as i have born their..
but i wont tell more about this... as it will sound like i am supporting maoists,,,

sagarpt27

until their is poverty and exploitation this problem will not be solved, as i have seen this problem in my life more as i have born their..
but i wont tell more about this... as it will sound like i am supporting maoists,,,
My dear friend u r unawer of facts you r just giving the bookish reasons but the reality is 180 degrees different , people join naxialte grup to exploite others ,to take revenge, earn money easily , capture and sex with a girl or women they want there are a lot more thing to tell but I think its more than enough to explain all things

bhramos

Country flag
My dear friend u r unawer of facts you r just giving the bookish reasons but the reality is 180 degrees different , people join naxialte grup to exploite others ,to take revenge, earn money easily , capture and sex with a girl or women they want there are a lot more thing to tell but I think its more than enough to explain all things
ok friend i loose, i know reasons but dont want to argue..

well the Jarkand may be same way,,, but one thing is true... the missionaries are main supply money and medicine in Chatisgarh

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Anti-Naxal drive: IAF to deploy latest Mi-17 V-5 helicopters

SOURCE: PTI

Strengthening its capability for anti-Naxal operations, IAF will deploy a squadron of its latest Mi-17 V-5 helicopters in Nagpur to cater to the needs of extremism-hit states of Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.

These helicopters are advanced versions of the existing fleet of Mi-17s in the IAF and are equipped with sophisticated avionics and on-board navigation systems making them more suitable for both day and night operations in Naxal-affected areas.

The helicopters will be deployed in Nagpur to cater to the needs of Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh in anti-Naxal operations, Indian Air Force sources said. So far, IAF has deployed its choppers in Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh and Jagdalpur in Chhattisgarh for supporting anti-Naxal operations.

IAF has been providing aerial support to troops from CRPF deployed in Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected states since 2009.The choppers are used to insert and evacuate troops during Naxal-operations and have been suitably equipped to operate in dense forests and can operate from temporary helipads there.

The Mi-17 V-5 helicopters have an on-board weather radar along with the state-of-the art autopilot and latest night vision devices.

IAF has been providing aerial assistance in them anti-Naxal operations in five states of Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Bihar, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh.

The force is operating there within the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or Rules of Engagement laid down by the Defence Ministry, which prescribes for fire in self defence only.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Top Maoist leader Sudarshan held

Wanted in connection with several cases, including killing of former Home Minister A. Madhava Reddy, the senior Maoist leader carried a reward of Rs. 20 lakh on his head

The district police caught a top ranking Maoist leader on Saturday night after a day-long search.

Senior Maoist leader, Sudarshan alias Srinivas, had escaped from the police dragnet during a vehicle-checking operation at Wyra on Friday night.

According to sources, Sudarshan, a member of Andhra Orissa Border (AOB) special zonal committee, was apprehended by the police from an undisclosed location near Wyra on Saturday night.

He was wanted in connection with several cases, including the Balimela incident, and killing of former Home Minister A. Madhava Reddy in a landmine blast.

Exchanged for Malkangiri Collector

He was released from jail in Orissa in exchange for the release of the then Malkangiri Collector, R. Vineel Krishna, who was abducted and later let off by the Maoists in Orissa in 2011.

Sudarshan, 55, a native of Nalgonda district, was wanted in connection with several grave offences committed both in Andhra Pradesh and Orissa, said Superintendent of Police A.V. Ranganath.

Confirming the arrest of Sudarshan, he said the rebel leader carried a reward of Rs.20 lakh on his head.

Top Maoist leader Sudarshan held - The Hindu

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
2,000 BSF personnel sent to Odisha for anti-Naxal operations

PTI Mar 24, 2013, 04.48PM IST

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

NEW DELHI: Two contingents of 1,000 newly trained personnel each have been despatched by the Centre for anti-Naxal operations in Odisha, taking the total number of central paramilitary troops for the purpose across the country to one lakh.

The personnel of Border Security Force (BSF) have been sent to Odisha to be deployed in Nabrangpur, Koraput and Rayagada districts and they will undertake anti-Maoist operations in coordination with the state police, a senior paramilitary official said here.

With the induction of these two battalions of security forces, the total number of personnel committed by the central government for anti-Maoist operations has risen to one lakh, he said. Each battalion comprises around 1,000 soldiers.

Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed about 82 battalions, BSF 11 battalions (five in Chhattisgarh and six in Odisha) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) six battalions such operations in various Naxal violence-hit states of the country.

Almost another five battalions (5,000 personnel) of these central forces are waiting in the wings or are undergoing training and they will be also sent soon for operations to deal with the Maoists, the official said.

The Union Home Ministry, under whom the operational and administrative control of these forces are vested, is also chalking plans to provide more helicopters for the supporting the troops on the ground in these states

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Jharkhand: 15 top Maoists killed in revenge attack by rivals

Dhanbad/Ranchi: Fifteen top Maoists have been reportedly killed in clashes between the CPI(Maoists) and Tritioya Prastitui Committee(TPC) at Lakarbandha village in Chatra district.

Police said that the maoist ultras were engaged in fierce fighting with Tritioya Prastitui Committee, a splinter group of Naxalites, till wee hours of Thursday.

Director General of Police (DGP) Rajiv Kumar said that police has so far recovered ten dead bodies, including the body of central area committee member from the forests in Lakarbagha panchayat under Kunda police station of Chatra district. He said that nine cadres were in their usual fatigue, while one was dressed in civil dress. Police have also recovered one AK-47, two 303 police rifle, three .315 rifle and huge quantity of ammunition along with Maoist literature from the site.

Giving details of the incident, police spokesperson Richard Lakra said that top commanders in the Maoist camp, including member of the Bihar Jharkhand special area committee (BJSAC) Lavlesh Singh, Platoon commander of the BJSAC Jai Kumar Yadav, Zonal commander Dharmendra Yadav and members Koel Shankh zone Prafulla Yadav and Mitesh Yadav were killed in the encounter between the Maoists and the TPC that began at around 2pm on Wednesday and continued till 2am on Thursday.

The DGP claimed that the death of top leaders was a heavy blow to Maoists. He said that the Maoists were on their way to Bihar when they were ambushed by TPC. The DGP claimed the TPC's attack on the CPI(Maoists) was an act of revenge as the Maoists had killed some TPC leaders at Gumla on March 13.

However, Maoists claimed that the TPC was backed by police in the encounter.

Tritiya Prastitui Committee-Third Preparatory Committee was formed in 2002 following a split from CPI(Maoists). The splinters had alleged the CPI(Maoists) was dominated by a particular caste — Yadavas, who influenced the decision-making process. The new organisation consisted of tribals — Mundas, Oraons and Bhoktas.

Jharkhand: 15 top Maoists killed in revenge attack by rivals - daily.bhaskar.com

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles