Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Army is overstreched. It is already wanting to pull-out from existing CI duties with RR and AR and concentrate on LOC and LAC.

The solution lies in the CAPFs and SRPFs with retired army officers having sufficient CI experience, leading the operations. Co-ordination with IAF and NTRO for areal reconnaisance and other electronics intelligence.
Precisely, remove ips from managing operations.
Instead retired army officers should lead them.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Precisely, remove ips from managing operations.
Instead retired army officers should lead them.
IPS/IAS system breeds absolute Gandhian cucks. Seen people getting brainwashed and getting into the "babu" mentality.

Not possible, bro .
Crpf is a police force at the end of the day.
Unofficially, operational procedure can only be tinkered from the highest level .
If secretary who deals with lwe in home ministry convinces shah, then they might do something
Maoists have taken one CRPF soldier hostage. If this thing spirals more out of control (which I secretly hope), govt. will be pressurized to act.
It's shameful we don't even have absolute control over our own territory, let it be Maoist-hit areas of NE jungles, and we dream of conquering other lands :tsk:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
IPS/IAS system breeds absolute Gandhian cucks. Seen people getting brainwashed and getting into the "babu" mentality.

Maoists have taken one CRPF soldier hostage. If this thing spirals more out of control (which I secretly hope), govt. will be pressurized to act.
It's shameful we don't even have absolute control over our own territory, let it be Maoist-hit areas of NE jungles, and we dream of conquering other lands :tsk:
This region jas always been out of bounds for most empires which ruled india .
British didn't do a single land survey in bastar .
Indian govt did and now schools, dispensaries, police posts, roads etc are reaching these places for first time in indias history.
Abhujmad will see final battle between naxlas and crpf .
Then, other places will die down.
See one thing , Pakistan has worse insurgency than us even after their ajab -e-gajab operation.
India controls all the lands , we rule .
These are vandals , which are killed bas.

Pakistanis have a habit of every law and order situation in india being a insurgency .
Wo ghade chambal ke daku ko bhi freedom fighters bolte, wo gussa dilane ki liye bakr karte hai.
Reality yad rako aur bas Jane do, waise bhi unko kon sunta hai .
Unki bakri intelligence agency koi mi5 nai ahi, hoti to kashmir ko kyu nai leliya ab tak agar roos ko Afghanistan se bahgadiya to?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I am all for revisiting our curent standard of operation.
For sure Naxal footprint have decreased on the map over the year but this won't justify the death of 22 soldiers.
If we look at this thread than one realises troops are falling into an ambush repeatedly.

There ought to be ways this can be dealt with if we try.
22 death and 31 injured is a major dent on the moral of troops.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Remind me again why can't we apply AFSPA in Naxal-hit areas, displace whole villages in temporary camps and kill everything moving in these forests?

Make it a no-living zone for 5 years and let's see where Naxalism goes.
AFSPA is welcome.. but the other part of moving into camps, is not happening.. Anyway, put AFSPA and to hell with civilian casualties.. No need to even announce naxal mass killings.. since there is a risk, of naxals saying the dead were civilians..

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
AFSPA is welcome.. but the other part of moving into camps, is not happening.. Anyway, put AFSPA and to hell with civilian casualties.. No need to even announce naxal mass killings.. since there is a risk, of naxals saying the dead were civilians..
Why not? As long as civilian settlements are present, naxals will hide among them. You cannot just randomly kill civilians, we will be prosecuted with sanctions and human rights violations. Moreover, soldiers are not cold-blooded murder machines, they will not accept such a one-sided massacre.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Why not? As long as civilian settlements are present, naxals will hide among them. You cannot just randomly kill civilians, we will be prosecuted with sanctions and human rights violations. Moreover, soldiers are not cold-blooded murder machines, they will not accept such a one-sided massacre.
What about reconnaissance warfare .

Cost if operation are high already , the area where they move from , won't be completely inaccessible , put small ,low cost camera module over there , use facial recognition , check which is a villager and which is naxal ,in case of human shield , with their face and all info , use that to selectively catch them when they move out of their stronghold , even in case of killing ,we will have a proof of them being naxal , and use those human shield and exploitation of villager to build narrative , justify your kill , this will led to a wide spread dus agreement with urban naxal, euther they have to condemn naxal ,or throw them in jail , use all this info to get clearance to use armed small rocket launcher drone , fuck them with no RR

captscooby81

Country flag
I think we got the message of this clip completely wrong , He is talking about attack on CAPF forces who are coming to WB for polling duty i think , He is not talking about some random attack on CAPF like pulwama style . In pulwama india can respond back because its enemy state here its basically leftist terrorist inside our land so there is no balakot type operations to be done which can swing polls like he is saying .

Suddenly a video of Prashant kishor interview to rahul Kanwal getting traction that Modi will get benefit from attack on para military force. Just look how randomly he talks about an attack

Ps Don't forget, forces were given info of hidma's presence and info was leaked of movement to setup the trap.

1971ftw

Country flag
What I don't get is why don't they bring air power if it's possible of being ambushed by 750 terrorists . That's a mini village, fighting numbers with numbers is dumb .

Just send a few attack helicopters or a 2 jets and bomb therm

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
What I don't get is why don't they bring air power if it's possible of being ambushed by 750 terrorists . That's a mini village, fighting numbers with numbers is dumb .

Just send a few attack helicopters or a 2 jets and bomb therm
Cr police force . Police is not allowed jet ,army won't be deployed ,they won't distinguish between a naxal , naxal supporter , common human shield villager

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Remind me again why can't we apply AFSPA in Naxal-hit areas, displace whole villages in temporary camps and kill everything moving in these forests?
Make it a no-living zone for 5 years and let's see where Naxalism goes.
Politics my friend, you don't know what is like living under AFSPA. That law will make basically everyone an enemy in the eyes of the armed forces. As I grew during the violent times, there was a time seeing anyone with uniform with fears. The insurgency will be in the Hills hiding and will come out when they do their ambushes but you don't know the fear cycle and innocent life being lost, I have closed and dear one who sibling was lost later to be announced by the Supreme court of India as fake encounter. It is very easy to write and throw out your anger in words and say AFSPA but in reality, will only know when you live under it.
Politics part, imagine if we have MP as much as big states of India, it will be long gone by now, there is hardly any big firefight in NE, not all NE states have insurgency problem as much as a dacoit, gangs violence elsewhere in India. but AFSPA remains. If AFSPA to be inducted in the Red corridor imagine the Lok Sahba uproar.
Also, Mizoram was the only time where IAF use to bomb Mizo insurgency imagine doing that in the Red corridor.
The bottom line is force only will not work.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Politics my friend, you don't know what is like living under AFSPA. That law will make basically everyone an enemy in the eyes of the armed forces. As I grew during the violent times, there was a time seeing anyone with uniform with fears. The insurgency will be in the Hills hiding and will come out when they do their ambushes but you don't know the fear cycle and innocent life being lost, I have closed and dear one who sibling was lost later to be announced by the Supreme court of India as fake encounter. It is very easy to write and throw out your anger in words and say AFSPA but in reality, will only know when you live under it.
Politics part, imagine if we have MP as much as big states of India, it will be long gone by now, there is hardly any big firefight in NE, not all NE states have insurgency problem as much as a dacoit, gangs violence elsewhere in India. but AFSPA remains. If AFSPA to be inducted in the Red corridor imagine the Lok Sahba uproar.
Also, Mizoram was the only time where IAF use to bomb Mizo insurgency imagine doing that in the Red corridor.
The bottom line is force only will not work.
Sorry for your loss

Ayushraj

Country flag
This article is claiming 40 naxals were dead in fighting.
Naxal yesterday realesed photos of their 5 slain commanders.
Naxal losses are high since naxals lack hospital aid

doreamon

Country flag
This is from the article -

“We were trapped and kept asking for chopper over satellite .. headquarters kept assuring that the chopper ‘has just taken off’, but then they asked us to walk 3km more. We went ahead, somehow, but were told that ‘approval’ was being taken for chopper, and discussions were going on,” goes one of the audio clips."

New threads

Articles