Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
CRPF minus babus(IAS/IPS KA CH**DA) are more than capable to deal with this.
TBF I have always disliked handling of paramilitary by Civillian cadre, on one hand the reasoning is that Maoist are a internal civilians issue on the other hand they pose a militray grade threat.
When it comes to CRPF thay don't have a inherent research body to develope tactics to deal with situation on their own.

People compare our armed forces with usa but they forget that US had CIA, Military and Military Intelligence worked together to deal with threat.
During Vietnam the US tactics change dynamically with the time they spent.
Weapons evolved, tactics evolved and their execution evolved all within a decade or less.
Look at us ek file pass hone me zindagi beet jati he.
Babus don't care they want their cut.
New cadre is good but get demotivated by the system in place.
Powerful babus influence policy.
Babus assisting foreign forces like ford foundation.
Corrupt military higher ups.

Everything is shit and I dont see the effort to improve

doreamon

Country flag
here are my two cents regarding the use of the army I would strongly advise against it as our armed forces their plate is already full with China and Pakistan and not to mention the current situation in Myanmar it would be better if we untie the hands of CRPF they have been fighting insurgency in kashmir the govt needs to stop kid-glove treatment these cunts and their supporters in tv studios make an example let there be coordination between the central and state police forces stop heeding to those cunts who cry in our studio and write op-eds in NY Times and Washington post regarding human rights put them to prison and shank couple of those bastards in prison send a message
But Army officer with experience needed in CAPF . That can be done .

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
here are my two cents regarding the use of the army I would strongly advise against it as our armed forces their plate is already full with China and Pakistan and not to mention the current situation in Myanmar it would be better if we untie the hands of CRPF they have been fighting insurgency in kashmir the govt needs to stop kid-glove treatment these cunts and their supporters in tv studios make an example let there be coordination between the central and state police forces stop heeding to those cunts who cry in our studio and write op-eds in NY Times and Washington post regarding human rights put them to prison and shank couple of those bastards in prison send a message
There is no need for the Army. CRPF is more than enough to deal with Maoists but the problem is that they are under equipped and don’t have clear strategy to deal with this menace. The people in higher echelons of power in the CAPF don’t want to change anything they keep doing the same thing over and over again and again and the result is same with 10 to 30 jawans getting Veergati.

IndianYonko

Country flag
There would be 100s dead if they had AKs
Exactly, it makes sense now. Otherwise 400 men ambushing and only 22 KIA on our side. But this makes sense now.
=========================================
My take
Given the facts, i can safely assume that information must have been withhold somewhere for such unfavorable contact to take place. And later the cover-up attempt by one DG. And same DIG as dantewada. Something is really fishy.

Another thing is naxalis mobilized large number of people to gain superiority in contact with so few resource. Which is against the general logic i.em one using themselves as cannon fodder. This means that conspiracy theory of this being an attempt to stetch CRPF to decrease its density in election duty is also plausible.

==========================================
Solutions I see is very simple, upgrade the gears, that too not by much. Since this happens in Jungles something like sonar using radio waves can be easily used to guess the concentration of people. And other simple equipment can also increase their operational success rate significantly given the fact that they are so ill-equipped.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
During the initial days of Naxalism which began in the 50s weapons were mostly hard to come by and it didn't go above lee Enfield's rifles which they would get from looting Police stations.
During the 70s they came in contact with Nepali communist which trained them to make mortars IEDs bombs. The material needed to make explosive was found easily from mines. During this time they got their hands on SLRs mostly from leftovers from Bangladesh liberation war, this was the same time naxal were at the peak of their power in Bengal the infamous naxalbari.

When Communism in Bengal died most of the weapons moved to Chattisgarh.
OFB kolkata is possibly the biggest supplier of ammunition to Maoist over the years.
Small weapons were arranged from Munger.

During the 90s Naxal Procurred weapons from LTTE.

Currently their top weapons are INSAS, AK, SLR.
Provided only to best of their cadre.

If I were to make a rough estimate from all the pictures I have seen from weapons captured only 2 out of 10 naxals have automatic weapon

Suhaldev

Country flag
Suddenly a video of Prashant kishor interview to rahul Kanwal getting traction that Modi will get benefit from attack on para military force. Just look how randomly he talks about an attack

Ps Don't forget, forces were given info of hidma's presence and info was leaked of movement to setup the trap.

angryIndian

Country flag
There is no need for the Army. CRPF is more than enough to deal with Maoists but the problem is that they are under equipped and don’t have clear strategy to deal with this menace. The people in higher echelons of power in the CAPF don’t want to change anything they keep doing the same thing over and over again and again and the result is same with 10 to 30 jawans getting Veergati.
CRPF's performance in counter insurgency ops in North East is at best tempestuous compelling the Army to get involved every now and then .They are going to suffer until and unless CRPF and other CAPF's are not divorced from IPS.

I believe we also need our own version of Air national guard.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Suddenly a video of Prashant kishor interview to rahul Kanwal getting traction that Modi will get benefit from attack on para military force. Just look how randomly he talks about an attack

Ps Don't forget, forces were given info of hidma's presence and info was leaked of movement to setup the trap.
Naxal attack on CRPF.. is not the same as Jihadi Pak sponsored attack on CRPF. It simply does not have the same s*x appeal, and the ability to polarize is simply not there.. There will be zero benefits to BJP from this attack in West Bengal, Tamil nadu or Kerala polls..

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Har bar church, christian, sonia, nehru ko hi blame kaoge?
6 sal se ho tumne kya kiya?
Elections me campaign Kiya and Kadi ninda.... Wait IPL is starting people will forget this in no time. Also no upror from media as it isn't Kashmir else ab tak Sare media wale studio me hi Air battle shuru Kar dete with cheap graphics

Suhaldev

Country flag
Guys can be make a list of these convicted well know naxal sympathisers? Professor, journalists students etc?
I can only recollect, du professors binayak Sen and G saibaba

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Elections me campaign Kiya and Kadi ninda.... Wait IPL is starting people will forget this in no time. Also no upror from media as it isn't Kashmir else ab tak Sare media wale studio me hi Air battle shuru Kar dete with cheap graphics
The core issue is poverty and population both of them synergies each other poverty breeds poverty we have to break this cycle and for that we need china like policies until and unless we address these issues such incidents will keep happening see the areas affected with Maoism/Naxalism they’re all tribal areas with poor population

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles