Naval MRCA contest. Lockheed offers F-35 to IN

Crusader53

well f35 is not bad option for indian navy

but it will take at least 10 years

USA is not trust able

we cant go for f35 in more number as we have pak fa as future plane option
Some "Americans" think India is not trustworthy...............I think both side need to work on that.

arya

Country flag
Some "Americans" think India is not trustworthy...............I think both side need to work on that.
i agree with you as USA is elder and bigger they have to take steps

i don't know why USA talk and action are always different

USA should support India for permanent seat in UN

neo29

American's are well aware of Pak Fa, FGFA and AMCA program which are all 5th gen programs. They may be skeptical about F-35's future in India. ToT of F-35 is out of question as US will never give it. US thinks India is a good market and can influence them if they use US hardware. On the other hand India doesnt trust US policy of selling hardware. India has bought good junk of US hardware but which can be overlooked in terms of ToT like c-130, P-8's and m777. India will surely think 100 times before buying lethal hardware where US can influence them.

neo29

The USMC and USAF will be inducting in 2014. The USN will be 2016. Not to mention the other 7 countries who had already placed order. Easily if India places order we will be in the pipeline and will get in only in 2022.

12 years in the waiting when Pak FA naval variant will be available and our own AMCA program is developing. Completely illogical purchase. This will be similar to the move by establishment when they chose T-90 instead of home grown Arjun.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Better consider AMCA naval variant or PAKFA naval variant that even Russia is thinking of. It is better since anyway we'd have to wait so much for JSF to come. PAKFA/AMCA offers us the choice of producing at many without any strings attached.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Naval FGFA not reality till 2020. Basic AMCA variant will arrive by 2025. Logic dictates to go for Naval Mig35D or few squadrons of Rafale/F18SH for IACs.

sandeepdg

If the MiG-29K will become outdated in just a decade why did we order them? Just to make Russia happy or what?
Common man, as we if don't operate outdated aircraft as of now !! We still use 200 of the 60's vintage Mig 21, Mig 27, the Mig 23 and Mig 25 were also recently retired. Mig 29K production line will also retire in the next decade as the Russians themselves are not interested in it as compared to the SU-33 for its navy.

sandeepdg

PakFa is more or less not going to enter IAF let along Navy. India may well jump in for the F-35. Time is running out for the Russians to take India on board the PafFa project which will evolve into the FGFA. Russia doesnt seem too keen to make the FGFA for us. India will have to look at new options. MCA can come in later.
Mate, why do you cut such a sorry picture for the PAK-FA ??

plugwater

Common man, as we if don't operate outdated aircraft as of now !! We still use 200 of the 60's vintage Mig 21, Mig 27, the Mig 23 and Mig 25 were also recently retired. Mig 29K production line will also retire in the next decade as the Russians themselves are not interested in it as compared to the SU-33 for its navy.
Mig-29K is more advanced than IAF Mig-29. Russians have also ordered 24 Mig-29K for their Navy.

Crusader53

i agree with you as USA is elder and bigger they have to take steps

i don't know why USA talk and action are always different

USA should support India for permanent seat in UN
The US does support India becoming a "permanent member" of the Security Consul.

Crusader53

American's are well aware of Pak Fa, FGFA and AMCA program which are all 5th gen programs. They may be skeptical about F-35's future in India. ToT of F-35 is out of question as US will never give it. US thinks India is a good market and can influence them if they use US hardware. On the other hand India doesnt trust US policy of selling hardware. India has bought good junk of US hardware but which can be overlooked in terms of ToT like c-130, P-8's and m777. India will surely think 100 times before buying lethal hardware where US can influence them.

I think your going to be surprised when the IAF selects the Super Hornet for the MMRCA.

Respectfully,

Crusader53

Crusader53

does america trust any country in this world except japan

Funny, the US sells some of its most Advance Weapons and Technology. To every NATO Member and most Major Western Powers. So, any such talk that the US doesn't trust anybody is hardly supported by fact. Plus, the US would be extremely foolish if it did not have strict rules to protect its Military Secrets. As to do otherwise would dangerous..............

Crusader53

The USMC and USAF will be inducting in 2014. The USN will be 2016. Not to mention the other 7 countries who had already placed order. Easily if India places order we will be in the pipeline and will get in only in 2022.

12 years in the waiting when Pak FA naval variant will be available and our own AMCA program is developing. Completely illogical purchase. This will be similar to the move by establishment when they chose T-90 instead of home grown Arjun.
Sorry, if the MMRCA was selected today you won't see it in service until 2020. As a matter of fact I doubt the PAK-FA will make before 2020. Let alone a Naval Version of the latter................

Crusader53

Mate, why do you cut such a sorry picture for the PAK-FA ??

Personally, I think the PAK-FA does offer some value and should be a useful counter to the PLAAF in the east. Yet, any Naval Variant would be a extremely costly undertaking and offer less capability than the F-35C.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I dont think there is much to think about getting this, we definitely need the F-35 even if the strings are attached! Not that we need to replace the Mig-29k but 6 of these in each carrier would definitely make anyone back off. The disadvantage is it carries only two missiles?

If none of it works they should come to me and i will build the hammer head stealth aircraft in my profile!
:)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Funny, the US sells some of its most Advance Weapons and Technology. To every NATO Member and most Major Western Powers. So, any such talk that the US doesn't trust anybody is hardly supported by fact. Plus, the US would be extremely foolish if it did not have strict rules to protect its Military Secrets. As to do otherwise would dangerous..............
USA don't even want to share source code with the UK... their closest ally. When it comes to ToT, US is the worst.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles