Modi's India votes against Israel once again

Should India change its position in future on resolutions against Israel?

• Total voters

anoop_mig25

Country flag
My friend, you should see the map of BJP LS constituencies after LS2014. I think you will have to redefine the word - Cow Belt.
One time/Modi phenomena.still need to penetrate orissa/most souht states/north east states/west bengal

Even if in this states BJP becomes oppsition i would be happy

BATTLE FIELD

Battle Captain
pics source=manoj kureel
israel.jpg

well i support Israel
they do what is right no matter what the world thinks.
not what looks right to the world but not for them.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@roma Like it or not, your family feud is out in the open on an international forum. India and for that matter, any and every country of that forum has a right to vote on it.
I would like to point out some inconsistencies in what you say.
You say that it is not serious as Unesco and not Unsc is the platform for this resolution. Yet you choose to make a mountain out of this mole hill, because of the fact that some legitimate members of the forum voted in favour of the resolution.
If you have some idea of history, you would know that 'anti semite' India has always voted in favour of Palestine. And this time was no exception. And every single time your money loving jew friends chose to supply India with the weapons we paid for anyway. So I don't exactly understand what we lose through this vote. Next, BRICS voted as a bloc, not as a group of as you say, Anti Semites. You probably don't even understand fully what that term means. So, to you, BRICS unity is less important than some hot relationship you have cooked up in your head. Nice.
No, I don't know what, who and how of your beliefs and dogmas. However, international law is law. You showed your capacity, now we are showing ours. If Zionists think there will be no fight. They couldn't be more wrong.
Take a lunch break, Israel.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@roma
If you have some idea of history, you would know that 'anti semite' India has always voted in favour of Palestine. And this time was no exception. And every single time your money loving jew friends chose to supply India with the weapons we paid for anyway.
That history needs course correction and hence the debate on this thread. At least the money loving Jew friends have something to give in return. What good does Palestine offer other than clubbing India with camel riders from Arabia?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
That history needs course correction and hence the debate on this thread. At least the money loving Jew friends have something to give in return. What good does Palestine offer other than clubbing India with camel riders from Arabia?
Yeah, whatever...
All of you Zionist fanboys are trying hard trolling on this thread, trying to prove the unprovable argument that India and Brics committed a great sin by voting in favour of the truth. To a neutral observer, it would appear you have failed miserably to establish that point so far.
What does Palestine give to us? Well most of the times- absolutely nothing, if you can imagine. But that is the point, sometimes siding with the truth brings you brickbats from the Zionists. But hey, india will survive despite your best efforts against her I guess.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What does Palestine give to us? Well most of the times- absolutely nothing, if you can imagine. But that is the point, sometimes siding with the truth brings you brickbats from the Zionists. But hey, india will survive despite your best efforts against her I guess.
Explains very well, who is trolling on this thread- someone fed on anti-Zionist agenda through random youtube channels on conspiracy theories!!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@spikey360 makes absolutely no sense on this thread.

We benefit from Israel's technology, weaponry, and other skills. We gain zero benefits from the Palestinians. He has not been able to give even one good reason why we should support his Palestinians instead of Israel.

It's pretty idiotic to say that "Israel sells us weapons anyway". Everyone sells weapons, but it takes something extra to go beyond that. Developing stronger ties with Israel will reap technological, economic and military benefits for India.

One shouldn't watch too much Youtube shit regarding "Zionist conspiracies" etc. Simple-minded Indians cannot comprehend these videos which were made for a different target audience with a bias towards a certain kind of thinking.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

We benefit from Israel's technology, weaponry, and other skills. We gain zero benefits from the Palestinians. He has not been able to give even one good reason why we should support his Palestinians instead of Israel.

It's pretty idiotic to say that "Israel sells us weapons anyway". Everyone sells weapons, but it takes something extra to go beyond that. Developing stronger ties with Israel will reap technological, economic and military benefits for India.

One shouldn't watch too much Youtube shit regarding "Zionist conspiracies" etc. Simple-minded Indians cannot comprehend these videos which were made for a different target audience with a bias towards a certain kind of thinking.
He wants India to now align with BRICS in this matter.

Russia, China- anti-Israel
SA, Brazil- small relative to other two and would never matter in world affairs

Only India stands to gain significantly by being pro-Israel or neutral. But no, we should now profess the new NAM, equally stupid as the last one which failed to deliver any benefits. Not to forget the initial flag-bearers of NAM like Egypt were the first one to ditch it and kiss Israel's ass.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

You are assuming too much. Perhaps it is you who watch too much of those videos, which make you a self proclaimed expert on them, so much so that you have appointed yourself as the judge of what what Indians should and should not watch. And people complain BJP is a moral police.
India should keep buying Israel hardware, it certainly isn't the worst in the world. Business should stay in its place. However, so overenthusiastic fools extrapolate business mistaking it as some sort of relationship. In international politics, there are no friends and enemies. Only interests, be it national, supernational or something else, sometimes, believe it or not, even truth.

amoy

anti Semite or anti Zionist is totally irrelevant. big powers don't vote becoz of that.

what abt getting the most out of your relationship with Israel while still holding fast to yr position voting against Israel? here is a role model China ~ Israel is still cordially awarding to China key strategic projects and bringing in Chinese workers despite her consistent votes in favour of Palestine.

don't leave one critical factor behind ~ millions of Indians look to GCC for jobs not Israel. u could irk Arabs if u turn yr back on Palestinians imprudently.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
anti Semite or anti Zionist is totally irrelevant. big powers don't vote becoz of that.

what abt getting the most out of your relationship with Israel while still holding fast to yr position voting against Israel? here is a role model China ~ Israel is still cordially awarding to China key strategic projects and bringing in Chinese workers despite her consistent votes in favour of Palestine.

don't leave one critical factor behind ~ millions of Indians look to GCC for jobs not Israel. u could irk Arabs if u turn yr back on Palestinians imprudently.

Assumption: Arabs have less need of Indian labor as compared of Indian need for Arab remittances.

Benefits are reaped by both sides more or less equally. Arabs won't ban cheap Indian labor due to an abstention against Israel.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

basically agree with you sir,,, India CAN and MUST get involved when their interests are involved or if there are serious HR violations , but this particular case was only of religious significance so it were better india allowed the sons of abraham to solve it between themselves ....
but as i said the oic wants the whole world to kick in and side with them as they know they are gonna lose even when 30 of them gang up against 1 israel so they want the world to come in and talk stuff they dont know kindergarten about

He wants India to now align with BRICS in this matter.

Russia, China- anti-Israel
SA, Brazil- small relative to other two and would never matter in world affairs

Only India stands to gain significantly by being pro-Israel or neutral. But no, we should now profess the new NAM, equally stupid as the last one which failed to deliver any benefits. Not to forget the initial flag-bearers of NAM like Egypt were the first one to ditch it and kiss Israel's ass.
@roma Like it or not, your family feud is out in the open on an international forum. India and for that matter, any and every country of that forum has a right to vote on it.
I would like to point out some inconsistencies in what you say
you can vote , if you inderstand the issues otherwise you show the whole world how clever you are

again you paint me as an israel lover , ...which i am not ...i am against india showing the whole world how clever we are through an uninformed representative at the un who doesnt know kindergarten about the religion but wants to vote for the sake of voting or appeasing the oic ,...just abstain is the right thing to do , no need to support either party and no need to be israel fanboy either -- simply abstain , declare its not your interest

I am protecting indians and not israel when i say no need to get involved in those matters which are not of interest to us

i was actually about to tell @spikey360 that i went a bit overboard in my post but since he as already replied to it - so i shan't bother

what i meant to say in my original post is that the OIC countries have a knack of taking a purely religious matter and taking to the UN and get every body who doesn't know the first kindergarten thing about the religious matter to comment about it

let me ask @spikey360 to think of the following :- did israel get involved in the Babri mosque affair, did israel get involved in the ayodhya affair , did they poke their nose when usa, UK were being besieged by OIC to ban Modi --

-answer is NO NO NO every time - israel had the good sense of staying out of India's business when it did not directly concern them

that's all i am saying - nothing much more than that - when it is a RELIGIOUS matter ( and @spikey360 has not answered my qns on the religious questions and they are of VITAL significance - mt moriah, rachesl's tomb the cave of patriarchs - folks in the middle east will kill & go to war for that ) and @spikey360 doesnt answer , neither i suspect is india really interested,.

..and that's fine , we dont expect you to , so the logical thing therefore is ..... stay out of it ! -that's all i am saying -..a more polite way is to say , you dont need t get involved

save your energy for what does concern you ..your core issues - like babri, ayodha , guerat massacres - and israel doesnt say a word on those ......is that asking too much ?

when india wants to resolve Kashmir matter , packland wants the UN to get involved .....in that case people like @spikey360 can understand that it is a bi-lateral issue , so why cant he understand that these religious matter are also bi-lateral issues ?

he is bringing in a lot of other issues and perhaps unconsciously to cloud the mistake that was made

he talks of BRICS unity ....BRICS "unity" ??

im not Israel fanboy .---- when it cones to human rights issues ....eg some of what is going on in gaza, then i dont support them totally ...I'll tell them it is overkill and if india does the same then im proud of india ...but on religious matters its different ....know the difference is all im saying

it is simple - some issues you get involved , some you dont ....and on religious issues just as Israel doesnt interfere in hindu Muslim affairs so please dont get involved in Jewish Christian Muslim affairs .....we now how to handle them without the wrong kind of interference from people who dont need to get involved and are actually better off not getting involved...more politely , you dont need to bother about our religious affairs just as we dont when you have a tussle with islamic issues , we dont interfere in those matters too

hope that helps @spikey360 have a better idea of what i meant
not against anyone here - just a clarification.
long as it may be
best regards,
R

Last edited:

amoy

Assumption: Arabs have less need of Indian labor as compared of Indian need for Arab remittances.

Benefits are reaped by both sides more or less equally. Arabs won't ban cheap Indian labor due to an abstention against Israel.

what abt revising yr conclusion as Israel won't stop selling Indian misers hi-tech due to a vote against Israel.

u pay for what Israel offers. u ain't getting something for nothing. so what's the big deal for Modi's sticking to the old posturing ?

Arabs can have easy replacement (partly), like from poorer Arab countries Palestinians Egyptians etc. . but Indian labor won't be that easy getting employed back home.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
what abt revising yr conclusion as Israel won't stop selling Indian misers hi-tech due to a vote against Israel.

u pay for what Israel offers. u ain't getting something for nothing. so what's the big deal for Modi's sticking to the old posturing ?

Arabs can have easy replacement (partly), like from poorer Arab countries Palestinians Egyptians etc. . but Indian labor won't be that easy getting employed back home.

Indian labor is better than their neighbors hence the invitation. Tribal fights between various middle East countries stop them from opening borders to their neighbors.

Israel would not mind selling simple technologies, but more cooperation is needed to acquire cutting edge technology and develop joint ventures.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@roma Your post doesn't say anything new or useful. Just the same recycled victimization card. Go play that card in front of self hating Germans and politically correct Americans who will pay better than India can at present. Just know that India is not so foolish that it will allow third parties to vote on a bilateral issue. We have gumption enough to shoot down such attempts even before they start.
Your Israel won't be able to affect anything for or against India, it loves money much more than you love your Abrahamic dogmas. Better start accepting reality.

Aravind Sanjeev

in general you would be right and i would certainly agree with you
but please reasd my second part below and see if you agree with that as well ?

i am appalled by your inability to see thing in context and instead to generalise my post to a romance with israel but as i havent had much contact with you on this forum , so i guess it is your style ?

nevertheless, let us look at the actual circumstances, without generalising

this was a decision by UNESCO to say that israel did NOT have exclusive rights to the temple mount and i quote from the lead post by @Mad Indian as follows:-
, the executive board of UNESCO, the UN’s cultural heritage agency, passed a one-sided resolution that solely condemned Israel’s aggression on the Temple Mount, and declared that the Jewish holy sites of the Cave of the Patriarchs and Rachel’s Tomb are “integral parts of Palestine.”

can i ask you @spikey360 do you really know the significance of temple mount , Rachael's tomb or cave of the patriarchs, without looking up via google ? really ? ...i dont think you do ! ...do you know who Rachael was ? and her significance ...i would take a guess that with out help from google you would have the tiddliest idea ....do you know her Jewish name ? eh ? do you know the sacrifice she made for Israel ? ...what claim do muslims have on her ? none ! what claim spikey do you and india have on her ? zero, zilch, nada ....that's why i said - go for lunch !

you see the three sites - lets take mt moriah ...i as a christian and the jews too say isaac was sacrificed ...the muslims say it was ishmael ...are you spikey a christian or muslim ? because if you are neither , then what business is it of yours ? thats why i said go for extended lunch ...now due to lack of time ...i shall summarise and say that so too the other two sites are of religious significance only to those who are of the Abrahamic faiths jews and christians are of one viewpoint and muslims are of the other opinion ---

what has this got to do with hindu india ?
Thats' why i said - go for extended lunch or take the day off

this has deep-seated heart feelings only to us abrahamic folks - nothing to do with hindus , atheists or parsees ., sikhs, - though we have great respect for all of you in other matters to be sure

when it comes to religious matters - and all three cited are religious sites neither UNESCO nor india should have much say in the matter ...it doesnt mean a thing to indian hindus , much as we like you guys

this is a family feud in particular matters and it has nothing to do with you guys, so please have the day off !

~the above was also addressed to @Aravind Sanjeev

the motion raised by UNESCO has deep religious significance ( not just "cultural" as UNESCO stated ) and is NOT a human rights issue ...if it was a HR issue , then india would have every right to participate and vote according to he she saw fit ....the so-called aggressiveness that israel used was in defending the sites and not of particular significance otherwise the security council would have had the matter raised in it ....instead it is from UNESCO - so big deal , not a HR issue it is a cultural matter and the OIC is as usual opposing for the sake of it
besides india , the oic voted agaisnt israel plus argentina, russia and mexico ( well-known anti semites ) , unfortunately china also did so .......appeasing the oi i guess
best regards,
R
"
who are Abrahamic faiths jews and christians are of one viewpoint and muslims are of the other opinion ---

what has this got to do with hindu india ?"

"when it comes to religious matters - and all three cited are religious sites neither UNESCO nor india should have much say in the matter ...it doesnt mean a thing to indianhindus , much as we like you guys"

This is an incorrect way of defending the argument. There are Muslims in India, there are Christians in India, for one reason, constitution call India secular, so I assume every vote India gives out also envisages and represents each Indian citizen which contain Muslims, Christians (in millions) and even Jews perhaps. It is not a vote of "Hindu India".

when it comes to international forums, the votes are not even based on proper research on what belongs to whom. If you hate a country, you always votes against the country, and if you ally a country, you always vote for the country. This might sound hilarious, but this is the international forum these days and will continue to.

Now there might be a proper argument that India should have supported Israel because Temple mount is totally for the Jews. or at the least abstained it.

For most of the time when India votes on an international forum in a non-HR issue, India will always oppose the country it has a great alliance with. According to India's foreign policy outlook, it is a method of showing non-alliance and neutrality. (Yes by voting against, not abstaining.)

This is not the first time India did this to Israel, and even Russia.

So yup, UNESCO contains the term cultural by words and just like every other international forum, results are based on voter's foreign policy.

Your argument does not work here. And I support India to stand on self-words and actions.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I would rather suggest , get the intelligence input on other countries voting. Like on numbers voting in favor of Israel and who are not in favor. Then decide whether to vote in favor , remain abstain or support palestine.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I would rather suggest , get the intelligence input on other countries voting. Like on numbers voting in favor of Israel and who are not in favor. Then decide whether to vote in favor , remain abstain or support palestine.
You don't need intelligence input, you just need intelligence. Most of the countries do not change their voting pattern.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
You don't need intelligence input, you just need intelligence. Most of the countries do not change their voting pattern.
This is not obligatory to India. More over, as I said, information might have been there, that only 7 will vote against Israel, so even if India had voted would not create any difference. Hence Intelligence input is necessary before going to UN for voting!!

Then WHY To Waste vote by voting against Palestine, which does not fulfil our bigger interest of isolating Pakistan from GCC's funding.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles