Liaoning (Varyag) - Chinese Aircraft Carrier

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What about the ability of private companies to do this kind of high tech espionage?

J20!

Country flag
If a commercial satellite company can find a carrier at sea, then Chinese Yaogan SAR series satellites can surely provide targeting data for the DF21D. So I guess it isn't as impossible to target carriers in the pacific as was insinuated by some on this forum.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Targeting is always possible, decimating that target is tough.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If a commercial satellite company can find a carrier at sea, then Chinese Yaogan SAR series satellites can surely provide targeting data for the DF21D. So I guess it isn't as impossible to target carriers in the pacific as was insinuated by some on this forum.

Who said it's impossible? I think what some members here said on more than one occasion is that China cannot do it. :rofl:

J20!

Country flag
Who said it's impossible? I think what some members here said on more than one occasion is that China cannot do it. :rofl:
Not to go off topic, but its pretty clear that between UAV's and SAR satelites in orbit, the Second Artilery Corps are capable of finding carriers at sea, anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Why develop and build the DF21D if you cant provide targeting for it it?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Not to go off topic, but its pretty clear that between UAV's and SAR satelites in orbit, the Second Artilery Corps are capable of finding carriers at sea, anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Why develop and build the DF21D if you cant provide targeting for it it?
In this case, news reports had indicated generally where the carrier was beforehand, so the satellite did not need to search a huge area.

J20!

Country flag
In this case, news reports had indicated generally where the carrier was beforehand, so the satellite did not need to search a huge area.
True Ewald, but a carrier that wanted to assault your coast would have to be in the vicinity of your territory, so you'd know where to look, instead of searching the entire Pacific. Plus, I'm sure the carrier based in Japan is constantly tracked via space based assets. Never mind the DF21D, let's get back on topic.

charlyondfi

they don't have it :D
Great. Just great. A country with jets but no carrier -- still waiting for its new one, waiting, waiting...-- laughing at another one with carrier but no jets... ...
How easy you can always find humor in human being, in life...

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Great. Just great. A country with jets but no carrier -- still waiting for its new one, waiting, waiting...-- laughing at another one with carrier but no jets... ...
The obvious answer is an alliance between the two.

Oh, wait...

Never mind.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
India is the lone country in asia who has operated aircraft carrier in peace as well in war time for a decades now., we have one aircraft carrier operational i.e INS Viraat

INS Viraat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we are waiting for 1 Vikrant class aircraft carrier and 1 Vikramaditya class aircraft carrier. both expected around 2012-2013. we have plans to operate 3 aircraft carrier by 2020.

Last edited:

charlyondfi

India is the lone country in asia who has operated aircraft carrier in peace as well in war time for a decades now., we have one aircraft carrier operational i.e INS Viraat
INS Viraat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
we are waiting for 1 Vikrant class aircraft carrier and 1 Vikramaditya class aircraft carrier. both expected around 2012-2013. we have plans to operate 3 aircraft carrier by 2020.
I do know about Viraat (R22), Vikrant (R11, not IAC). I do know all the good IN CSG scored in 1971. And I do know all the long waiting for Vikramaditya, and India's great effort for IAC. Thanks.

Appreciate your politeness after my laughing...

This race between IN and PLAN in CSG is yet finished -- one of them will be shadowing Taiwan's democracy very, very soon. Both have their own strength and weakness. For me, I would rather see that everyone proud of its own country -- especially those thru colonial era of humiliation and depressure -- and proud of that strength, but NEVER, EVER use it.

Forgive my nagging...

Last edited:

DMF

In Chinese forum, somebody say the arrester can be seen in this photo, can you see the rope?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
^^ No, I dont think so, no arrestor cable visible above the most likely leaf spring type of component, I believe it their would be a cable the leaf spring looking like component should not at the height where it is now,

Second point is the picture is most likely showing the middle part of the flight deck, mind the island visible in the back side, while the arrestor cable component should be positioned at the rear part of the CV just refer to the picture below....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles