Launch failure for Chinese Long March 5 heavy-lift carrier rocket

scatterStorm

Country flag
Completely ignoring the fact that you ignore china hiding its failures...
What sample are you talking about? Tell me which year or what period of time are you talking about? How are you calculating the 'rate' ?
This is true, during the live launch on Youtube, many saw that the video ended abruptly without any warning or acknowledgment of the issue, as if they were running away from there failures.

The commentator also stopped talking and his only words throughout the live video was "in any moment the secondary should detach".

Then there state controlled media, just uploaded the launch video in few minutes. Many people were still thinking that every thing went fine, but it was not. Confusing people over the globe, so unprofessional!

Instead of being bold and courageous and telling the world that it failed, they kept there mouth shut.
The only information came from ABC.news (funny they were the first to tell this). Later RT reported it.

xeaaex

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
China has over engineered LM5. It has 4 liquid boosters with 2 engines each total 8 booster engines and 2 first stage engines total 10 engines at lift off. Add 4 more engines of 2 upper stage and now we are dealing with 14 engines and 4 stages in total. Pinpointing exact issue in this rocket would be a mammoth task. This situation reminds me of Russians who over engineered their rockets so much so that in the end they lost space race to USA.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
speaking of IQ, china with an average IQ of 108 ranks 3rd, while India with an average IQ of 82 ranks 25th.
https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
The IQ test is bullshit. How is an illiterate farmer or laborer with severe malnutrition supposed to ace the test? India has massive number of poor and we are struggling to fix this.

China has done well to develop since the 60s when India was stuck under a corrupt left wing party.

Chinese IQ is high because of good education available to everybody and good nutrition, India only educates a relative few in their elite schools. Also IQ tests are available in native languages which is a huge benefit while Indians are forced to take them in English which is a second language.

Anyway, how do Indians fare when they are educated in good schools ie Indian Americans? Their IQ rises above Chinese to a 111 ! You can bet that Indian Space research is not being run by illiterate farmers from Bihar, it is being run by people smarter than yourself.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Madam, how come the people of the world came to know of Chinese failure ?? Is it not the Chinese are very good in hiding their failure ?
because we never hide it.
Completely ignoring the fact that you ignore china hiding its failures...
What sample are you talking about? Tell me which year or what period of time are you talking about? How are you calculating the 'rate' ?
how about that? you decide the way of calculating, the period of time. and cut the crap about China hiding launching failures, what kind of losers are you to make an argument like that? are you even capable of making a proper argument?

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
how about that? you decide the way of calculating, the period of time. and cut the crap about China hiding launching failures, what kind of losers are you to make an argument like that? are you even capable of making a proper argument?
Well pardon me, China is not exactly known as a beacon of transparency in the rest of the world, no matter how the average Chinese views their country.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Oh Please China had piss poor launch records. You can thank Billy for your making Chinese rockets not fail too often

View attachment 17230
well, I would rather say that Chinese launch record is not bad, pretty impressive since 2000.

how about that? we do a comparison between China and India, would you be kind and post a similar graph about indian launch record?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well pardon me, China is not exactly known as a beacon of transparency in the rest of the world, no matter how the average Chinese views their country.
the one million dollar question is, is it possible to hide a rocket launch failure?

indiatester

Country flag
because we never hide it.

Dude, we had cases even recently where accidents in China were not available on internet in China, but existed for all of us.
None of us will buy your statement that you do not hide.
Latest example: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
the one million dollar question is, is it possible to hide a rocket launch failure?
Probably not from other countries watching China's activities. But the average citizen gets their news from the media and the Chinese media isn't exactly perceived as free.

Anyway, this is the wrong question for Indians to delve upon. We should strive to get similar stats and payload capacities as you guys. Even if the stats are fake, we end up improving our space program.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Man what is even the point of arguing here.
Yes failure and success are all part of space program everyone had their share of bad days.
Act a little bit more mature and take the criticism like a champ, u people bashed us on our failures all the same as we are doing now.

All the best for the next time.

Hindi Chin Bhai Bhai :hippo:
criticism? if that is criticism, we will take it gladly.

what i saw is pure ridiculing and gloating. even that, I would take it reluctantly if India is doing better than China.

what I will not take is racist taunt from a bunch of indian losers.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Probably not from other countries watching China's activities. But the average citizen gets their news from the media and the Chinese media isn't exactly perceived as free.

Anyway, this is the wrong question for Indians to delve upon. We should strive to get similar stats and payload capacities as you guys. Even if the stats are fake, we end up improving our space program.
the statistics about Chinese launch record quoted here are not from "unfree" Chinese media, but western source.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Like I said before, racist taunts are in reply to racist taunts by Chinese elsewhere. Focus on your own people if you really want them to stop.
maybe your fellow indians should not take it to DFI from somewhere else.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Take a deep breath. You know inhale and exhale.

Now, try to insult me like you mean it. Prepare a blueprint about what you are about to post and type coherent and funny sentences.

Contact me if some confusion persists. I am always here to help others.:)
it's OK if you are not smart enough to understand what I said. it is subtle way to say indians rank the first in big mouthing.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Apart from all the mud slinging, has the cause of failure been found ?
too many talents left the aerospace sector due to low payment.
Dude, we had cases even recently where accidents in China were not available on internet in China, but existed for all of us.
None of us will buy your statement that you do not hide.
Latest example: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social
dude, nothing there on this thread is from Chinese internet.

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
Is it possible to simmer down the flame war ? The recent launch of long March heavy lift vehicle has failed. That's it. The story is couple days old, most people who are interested in this kind of news already know it. IMO this thread has outlived it's purpose. If that purpose is to continue with the flaming and mockery then please proceed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles