Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

KS

Bye bye DFI
four is a small number.
Thugs = Parties.

After every 5 years, One of the 2 Dravidian party participate in center and gets good no. of portfolio with few heavyweight. 98 - BJP + AIADMK, 99 - BJP +DMK, 2004 till date - Congress + DMK, Future may be AIADMK + BJP or DMK + Congress. No major issue of communal, governance, corruption. It's so easily interchangeable.
In TN also DMK cant come with ADMK..:p

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What none sense is goin on? Again the north south crap. Knock it off

KS

Bye bye DFI
Its not a North-South crap as you may call it.

It the crap when some one tries to teach us about our own state politics.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its not a North-South crap as you may call it.

It the crap when some one tries to teach us about our own state politics.
Everyone is here to share their views. Yes people may not agree bu then civility in discussion is expected. I mean why is it that every time topics such as this has to acquire agessive north south angle?

mayfair

North Indians should shut the hell up when they talk about Tamil politics, they should go read more than an occasional column in a newpaper that they dont even complete. It sounds so juvinial in your understanding of TN politics.
I take offence to that. I am Dilli/Upwaala who has spend over six years in South India and travelled extensively there. I would like to think during my sojourn in Bangalore and elsewhere I did gain quite a few insights into the political and cultural scene. I believe my musings on these fora should amply demonstrate that.

So if someone telling me that an accident of birth should deny me an opportunity to share my opinions on the events that are happening in my own country then I would politely and not-so-politely tell the concerned soul to get stuffed.

P.S. GK, you are quite reasonable most of the times, may I assume something extraordinary happened that set you on the edge and resort to this hyperbole?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Everyone is here to share their views. Yes people may not agree bu then civility in discussion is expected. I mean why is it that every time topics such as this has to acquire agessive north south angle?
I take offence to that. I am Dilli/Upwaala who has spend over six years in South India and travelled extensively there. I would like to think during my sojourn in Bangalore and elsewhere I did gain quite a few insights into the political and cultural scene. I believe my musings on these fora should amply demonstrate that.

So if someone telling me that an accident of birth should deny me an opportunity to share my opinions on the events that are happening in my own country then I would politely and not-so-politely tell the concerned soul to get stuffed.

P.S. GK, you are quite reasonable most of the times, may I assume something extraordinary happened that set you on the edge and resort to this hyperbole?
This was my previous post.

I dont mind them speaking if they are atleast a little bit knowledgeable as this is a free forum and TN also is in India. But when you see people whose knowledge of TN politics doesnt extend beyond few Op-Eds in Times Now..its funny and looks foolish
I have no objections when people who have good knowledge of the local politics talk about it..but obviously some people dont know an inkling about TN politics but teach us what is what of TN politics.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Stop all state politics talks right here. Stick to the topic of the thread. All OT posts from here will get deleted.

trackwhack

I wont beat about the bush, I will tell them that they do not understand nuclear science and how the inherent safety systems work. I would get half a dozen Tamil scientists to study the design and safety features for 2 weeks and give them the report. Then tell them that you strike is not justified and we are revoking your rights to protest. There will not be a hostile reaction from the media or public if you are open and transparent with them. Like you said, they are illetrate and dont understand. So when someone who understands tells them there is nothing to fear, then thats that. Alternatively, the land that they live on has the value of a commodity. They can choose to pack their bags and leave. I would appoint a committee to help those who want to leave with the relocation and support them by topping their deed sale value by 20% and providing moving costs of Rs 10,000.

Step one now completed by Jaya

Koodankulam row: Tamil Nadu sets up expert panel - Hindustan Times

This is what she should have done when the protests initially started. Instead shew chose to antagonize the center for sometime.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
WELL I AM WAITING FOR THE RESULTS . But all i can say is dont have your hopes high. And dont be disappointed if it does not turn out as you wish(fishermen vs nuclear sciences????)

Last edited:

trackwhack

WELL I AM WAITING FOR THE RESULTS . But all i can say is dont have your hopes high.
What results are you waiting for my friend?

Apart from Chernobyl and Three mile island, there has not been a nuclear power plant disaster that has taken a single life. The whole Fukushima drama resulted in 0 deaths. In India we have had zero incidents on the INES scale of higher than 3. The report is going to say - SAFE. The protests are going to continue. Sometimes we have to deal with people with unreasonable demands like the Chinese. Our reluctance to do that is costing our country.

btw : there have been more casualties from thermal and hydroelectric power plants than nuclear power plants. France gets 80% of its energy from Nuclear reactors.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What results are you waiting for my friend?

Apart from Chernobyl and Three mile island, there has not been a nuclear power plant disaster that has taken a single life. The whole Fukushima drama resulted in 0 deaths. In India we have had zero incidents on the INES scale of higher than 3. The report is going to say - SAFE. The protests are going to continue. Sometimes we have to deal with people with unreasonable demands like the Chinese. Our reluctance to do that is costing our country.

btw : there have been more casualties from thermal and hydroelectric power plants than nuclear power plants. France gets 80% of its energy from Nuclear reactors.
no my friend i dint say i am awaiting disaster. I am awaiting the results of the nuke plant drama, though i have little hope it will be over soon. If you followed my posts you would know that i am a staunch supporter of the nuclear plant.
And yeah i know how important nuke plants are. I think nuclear power is more important than it is made out to be. These are my reasons. We should follow the french in this regard, producing 80% of our electricity from it. And rest should be from the renewable sources. The nuke power should be indigenised with the thorium cycle so that we dont have to depend on anyone.

This is very important in the long run for the security of our nation. The world oil deposits are falling fast. We can reduce our requirements of oil to bare minimum, by replacing it all with the alternates whenever possible, and the only alternate as of now is nuke power. We can electrify the rails and increase the network density of the railways hundred folds and we should increase the frequency of the railway connectivity. By doing so , we can minimise the requirement of oil to a bare minimum by replacing the need for personal transportations which need oil . And for other transports which cant be substituted by electricity, we can use ethanol or hydrogen, both being renewable. We can then use oil for synthesis of other things like fertiliser, synthetic fibres etc. Hence nuclear power is not just important for the power and economic growth, we can use it for our strategic planning and future.
Abandoning nuclear power because of past accidents is like refusing to go in a aeroplane fearing a crash, its moronic. Can we abandon buses just because they may face an accident? Anyway that said, we can work to make our nation an unique superpower by making it self sufficient which does not have to invade others for resources unlike those americans. Jai Hind.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yes karthik, I understand, but check the MP wants to close the NLC, which is not right, that is my point
He is just trying to show case how stupid the protests are...!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

KS

Bye bye DFI
TN govt panel gives clean chit to KNPP over safety aspect - Indian Express

I'm repeating this for the n th time that the protests against KNPP, unlike in other parts of India, was not politically motivated. It was through and through a shady deal between the local NGOs and missionary organizations with outside funding - most probably from America and France to scuttle the Russian nuke deals.

Yes karthik, I understand, but check the MP wants to close the NLC, which is not right, that is my point
The minister is trying to show how absurd the allegations (against KNPP) are by saying (to the protestors) that by an extension of your logic even the NLC must be shut down as it also causes environmental pollution.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
The minister is trying to show how absurd the allegations (against KNPP) are by saying (to the protestors) that by an extension of your logic even the NLC must be shut down as it also causes environmental pollution.
Well, this is your interpretation, you never know how the things might turn out, I hope what you are saying is true

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well, this is your interpretation, you never know how the things might turn out, I hope what you are saying is true
Trust me. It's TN politics. :)

Global Defence

Articles