Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
While she should be more proactive, I dont see the central govt doing much either except some random statements from the PM and HM.
Hey come on.... You really expect them to antogonise the interests of the communal forces at work there and antogonise a whole community's support.... we are still in INDIA remember... Last time she acted for greater good , She lost the elections......

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Ok, she is the best thing that can happen to the world, then why the heck she is not helping the GoI to open the plants by keeping the politics aside. :)
Hey come one.... You really expect them to antogonise the interests of the communal forces at work there and antogonise a whole community's support.... we are still in INDIA remember... Last time she acted for greater good , She lost the elections......

And nope she is not he best thing that can happen to the world... Its the B.S.Yeddyurappa :p:p....

Any way BS aside... again it was the fact that she lost in 2006 despite her work towards greater good in the interest of common man which was cast as against common man by the media(You dont know about those Bastards called the SUN network)... And before you debate about it now tell me how is decreasing the salary of the workers(which was blown out of proportion) so that the money could be used to fill govt coffers which in turn is going to be used for the public is against public....?????

You dont know the penetration of the SUN network in our state.... here is a sample of how they cover news about GOLD prices

" Day one....: gold prices go up by 500 per sovereign... they will bitch about the govt. and will interview a few 'public' and blame the govt. for that...
Day two.....: gold prices fall by thousand rupees per sovereign... they will Still bitch the govt and will interview a few gold merchants for that..."

Do you get my drift....????

So if she takes any drastic action then, it Will be all over India about the UNDEMOCRATIC process BS... leave her alone... you are in her shoes... what will you do....

I think it will be much more appropriate to deal with them by tracing the fundings to those SOB missionaries and crushing that.... IF YOUR ALL GOOD AND ALL BENEVOLENT Congress is very committed about it why dont they do that... after all phone taping is not so UNETHICAL to them... how about that....???

Param

GoI needs to clear out these hoodlums and let progress commence. There have been enough lies trying to keep India in the Dark.
With all due respect to you Sir, this is an internal matter of India and GoI cannot behave like CCP. India is a democracy and Democratic processes take time.

But the two existing reactors will start producing power anyway. If you are talking about future reactors, they are in fate's hands.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Hey come one.... You really expect them to antogonise the interests of the communal forces at work there and antogonise a whole community's support.... we are still in INDIA remember... Last time she acted for greater good , She lost the elections......

And nope she is not he best thing that can happen to the world... Its the B.S.Yeddyurappa :p:p....

Any way BS aside... again it was the fact that she lost in 2006 despite her work towards greater good in the interest of common man which was cast as against common man by the media(You dont know about those Bastards called the SUN network)... And before you debate about it now tell me how is decreasing the salary of the workers(which was blown out of proportion) so that the money could be used to fill govt coffers which in turn is going to be used for the public is against public....?????

You dont know the penetration of the SUN network in our state.... here is a sample of how they cover news about GOLD prices

" Day one....: gold prices go up by 500 per sovereign... they will bitch about the govt. and will interview a few 'public' and blame the govt. for that...
Day two.....: gold prices fall by thousand rupees per sovereign... they will Still bitch the govt and will interview a few gold merchants for that..."

Do you get my drift....????

So if she takes any drastic action then, it Will be all over India about the UNDEMOCRATIC process BS... leave her alone... you are in her shoes... what will you do....

I think it will be much more appropriate to deal with them by tracing the fundings to those SOB missionaries and crushing that.... IF YOUR ALL GOOD AND ALL BENEVOLENT Congress is very committed about it why dont they do that... after all phone taping is not so UNETHICAL to them... how about that....???
How does this blabbering explains that there is no commitment from her side for power plant?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
She kept politics aside and sacked the teachers and other govt officials who refused to work despite having a FAT ASS salary( a teacher in a private school got Ru2000-4000 per month while those morons got Ru30000 per month ) ... not to mention their absense rate of 25%...... It was not a vendetta as many morons believe but a decision taken in the interest of public(she said she would rather spend the amount in the public welfare)... if you dont believe me do some research before blabberin..

And today is not very different and still many here have peanut sized brain about politics.... You can literally convince them that corruption will benefit them(i am not making that up).... many DMK supporters will still say DMK is better because they did something for them though they might have looted:rofl:.... they cant even understand that whatever that sick ---- of a Cm was giving he was from govt coffer(which again is filled by their own tax) and not from his family money...

When you have a voting population with a mindset like that here what do you expect from the politicians...????
So it is Tamilnadu's population who does not want the power plant right? This is interesting.

Param

So it is Tamilnadu's population who does not want the power plant right? This is interesting.
:facepalm: He means the common public can easily be manipulated and mislead by political and other ideological forces. For any sane political party public perception matters a lot.

Try building a reactor in the Gangetic plains or right next to Bangalore and you will know.

Param

How does this blabbering explains that there is no commitment from her side for power plant?

Why is there no commitment on part of the centre towards further Liberalisation, privatisation and putting an end to unproductive populist schemes like NREGA?

The same reason.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
:facepalm: He means the common public can easily be manipulated and mislead by political and other ideological forces. For any sane political party public perception matters a lot.
So why not effort to change the perception? Or all political parties as well as population are on the same page?

Try building a reactor in the Gangetic plains or right next to Bangalore and you will know.
Is this is the topic?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Why is there no commitment on part of the centre towards further Liberalisation, privatisation and putting an end to unproductive populist schemes like NREGA?

The same reason.
So this means the state government has no responsibility at all towards that plant?

Param

So why not effort to change the perception? Or all political parties as well as population are on the same page?
You are an Indian citizen, maybe you should put some effort too.
If you have any easy & practical methods suggestions are welcome.
Is this is the topic?
Relevant to the Topic.
It means such issues would have erupted in any state ruled by any party or politician. It is not a phenomenon exclusive to TN.

trackwhack

Jaya is responsible for the mess. 300 locals cannot stop something as important as this plant without the state government turning a blind eye towards ti. This is Jaya's way of repaying Sonia for her snub.
Somehow most Tamilians think she is beyond petty politics and does everything for the good of her people. Apologies, but she is nothing but another opportunistic politician. She hasn't even made a commitment to BJP or Modi as yet though they have been courting her for long. Depending on whats on the table after the general elections she may go to the Congress, Third front or BJP.

If she was in the Congress fold, during the very first round of negotiations with the protestors, 4 or 5 months back, she would have closed the deal. Instead she took offence to MMS's commitment to Russia when he was there, further instigating the protesters and giving them more teeth. And you think she has nothing to do with it? This plant is such a critical cog to our energy self sufficiency aspirations and the is the biggest roadblock to it now.

My opinion is to send in 3000 CISF men and put up temporary housing for all the employees within the quarters and get the plant online. Crack down on all funds being sourced to that bastard of a priest. Put some of these monkeys in jail. But the spineless Congress wont do that because they dont want to defy Jaya. If Jaya clean sweeps Tamil Nadu in 2014 (which is quite likely unless she screws up majory in the interim), Congress will need her in the fold

Koondakulam is on the southernmost coast of India. Sri Lankan are at more risk than us from this plant.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Param

So this means the state government has no responsibility at all towards that plant?
Does the Centre have no responsibility towards the economy or the fiscal health of the country when it opposes further liberalisation and supports populist schemes?

If the state govt had no responsibility, KKNPP would have been abandoned a long time ago. It is only because of the state govts efforts that things have not gone out of hand.

I know in PR there are some dreamers who want the centre to take over and advocate some crap like handing over to military but in real life the situation is very different.
The state govt is being cautious and doing all it can do. Any state govt in a similar situation would have done the same thing.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Do you honestly believe people will take the voice of technocrats over evangelists in OUR Country mate...????? I want a honest answer......
I think most people are rational enough to believe who is right if people bring up facts and statistics to argue against blind faith. Its only a matter of which side is going to be more convincing. However people like TR or others wont have the balls to bring this up as a debate.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
to godless kaffir, exactly my friend, not just TR, no one will be stupid enough for a debate on this since it is our country. The scope for instigating and introducing community politics is just too much. Anything any one says, can become a politick might mare for him, so in their right mind will want that in OUR COUNTRY. Then again if you yourself agree that even people like TR(for the reasons you obviously seem to know), what do you expect the public to be.
P.S. You do know that TR conducts that stupid show on SUN NETWORK( how many times should i tell that they are the worst manipulators around) meaning that that bastardly network owns him and that they wont want any work to be done which may favour the ruling party

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
to trackwack, no sir. She is not mad to antogonise the project. Do you know that right now in TN, power cut in chennai is about 1hr average per day and rest of TN it is a whoopin 5 to 6hrs per day. And if the plant opens up, it will but the power cuts by atleast 3hrs per day. So she has more to lose than to gain from this stir.
And as far as the protest is concerned the best way to end it is to trace the monetary support those morons recieve and crush it with iron hand. This should be done by the centre(after all they have no problem watching and taping team Anna's financials). Feel free to disagree

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@nitesh you seem to know nothing about the TN's politics and you are not seemed to be interested in learning about it either. So anythin i say to your stupid arguments here is sure as hell going to fall on deaf ears. So i am not going to waste my time explaining it to you anymore.
And i am from Tirunelvi ******. The proposed plant is just 60km or so from my native town. So i know the problems there much better than your al-mighty presence from bangalore.

Last edited:

trackwhack

to trackwack, no sir. She is not mad to antogonise the project. Do you know that right now in TN, power cut in chennai is about 1hr average per day and rest of TN it is a whoopin 5 to 6hrs per day. And if the plant opens up, it will but the power cuts by atleast 3hrs per day. So she has more to lose than to gain from this stir.
And as far as the protest is concerned the best way to end it is to trace the monetary support those morons recieve and crush it with iron hand. This should be done by the centre(after all they have no problem watching and taping team Anna's financials). Feel free to disagree

1) The reports about the 'negotiations' that she held with the protestors said that she did nothing but pander to their populist sentiment. There were no negotiations
2) She was very wrong to condemn MMS's promise in Russia that India will open the plants in two weeks. Again, singing a populist tune for votes.
3) The report on the money trail is already 3 weeks old and nothing has happened. Why not? Is the state not responsible?

And finally, irrespective of how many hours of power shortage Chennai faces, Jaya does not face a single second. 1 hour of power shortage a day is well within acceptable limits for a political administrator.

I differ with your views on this one as I am absolutely convinced that Jaya is playing a game so that she can encash big in 2014. There is absolutely no reason why 300 protestors cannot be handled. If DMK was running the government, this would have not happened because they are a Congress ally and hence they would not have any benefit in antagonizing them.

Finally the criticality of nuclear power to India just cannot be understated. We do not have the financial muscle of China to go around buying oil fields. There is nothing that the center or state should do or tolerate when it comes such roadblocks. Unfortunately the bickering between Congress and AIADMK is costing us a lot.

Please note, I am not absolving the center from all responsibility. If I were the center I would take a tougher stand citing national interest but this government wont do that because like I said earlier they need to keep their options open in 2014.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles