Kaveri Engine

Azaad

Country flag
Just show me proof that project ganga exists . It's evident that the kaveri with afterburner exists.
.. You forgot to add - the 80 KN version. Show me proof of that.

no smoking

Country flag
Babu I've worked with these Americans on an Industrial turbine maintenance program.
These people were not even willing to share the know-how of how to replace the blade of a compressor stage, let alone transfer the tech to us.
If that was a maintenance program, certainly replacing the blade of a compressor stage is part of their service. Why should they share the know-how with you? That is where their salaries come from.

Unless in the contract, it was already included that they were supposed to give that part of information to you.

Blademaster

Although 80 kN engine seems a bit underpowered for Tejas line of jets when F404 Indian fork provides 85 kN with afterburner
Incremental progress first. Lets get to the first milestone and then we can think about getting to the second milestone. Its a marathon not a sprint.

mamamia12

Would the Turbine Temperature Increase? Is there any upgrade regarding that.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
What's the sudden kickstart of Kaveri or its variant?
May be usa trying to arm twist india over f404.
Kaveri is already very capable we should thanks Americans for this recent mess over punnu kalesh , blackmail whatever they're doing it's great 😃.
Atleast this suit boot wale have realised that how important kaveri is... We also moved from Americans marine engines to rolls Royce engines..

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag
What's the sudden kickstart of Kaveri or its variant?
GE not being supportive in increasing the production rate of GE404 i.e. 20 per year, also delay in existing order.

So you can imagine the time it will take to produce 180 LCA Mk1.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
GE not being supportive in increasing the production rate of GE404 i.e. 20 per year, also delay in existing order.

Anyways right now have way less than 20 per year manufacturing capacity
hal has plan to expand it to 24 & then 32. They said way back
It seems very unrealistic..
I think 75 engine are already, how many of them are installed on jets ?? did those initial Tejas had engines from this 75 or they were different orders ??

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag

I don't think anyone except India is currently acquiring the F404 off the shelf ( I maybe wrong).
So considering economics of scale, 20 engines/yr for an order of 99 seems plausible.

For the further 97 Tejas we better ask for licence production

Azaad

Country flag
I don't think anyone except India is currently acquiring the F404 off the shelf ( I maybe wrong).
So considering economics of scale, 20 engines/yr for an order of 99 seems plausible.

For the further 97 Tejas we better ask for licence production
Apart from the KAI T-50 Golden Eagle already in service with quite a few AFs & being pitched in minor quantities across the world there's the USAF Advanced Jet Trainer the T-7 Red Hawk which is still in advanced stages of development whose quantities could well be in hundreds .

Then of course you've the Mk-1a.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles