K-4 Missile

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
porkistan alone spends 2billion $ on nuclear programme so our spending will be at least 3 times more than them. for your information a new air launched nuclear bomb has been developed u can find it here

Jameson Emoni

This was second test in less than a week.

---

NEW DELHI: India on Friday successfully test-fired the K-4 nuclear capable submarine-launched ballistic missile off the coast of Visakhapatnam for the second time in the past five days, in a major milestone to augment its strategic arsenal and delivery systems.

The missile, developed by the DRDO, has a range of 3,500 km and it will be able to bring almost all parts of Pakistan and several areas of China within its reach, officials said.

The missile is being developed for integration with India's Arihant class nuclear submarines.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

lcafanboy

Country flag
What is being done to minaturise the warhead? At 2.5t it is ten times heavier than Western equivalents and leaves no room for MIRV or penetration aids.
I think you are not aware of Indian nuclear weapons....
I don't want to reveal much but believe me India's nuclear weapons are as contemporary as any P5+Israeli weapons.
We had 155mm howitzer launch nukes as long back as 1994. And now we have very efficient thermonuclear design where very less HEU is used to ignite duterium and tritium to get higher yields and smaller and lighter weapons which can be actually used without causing huge nuclear fallout same as any P5 design. You should remember we tested first weapon in 1974. Also remember we had access to USSR test facilities. Agni 3 itself is 3mirved which is a decade old design. Now you can have fair amount of knowledge how much more we could have achieved. Also in Rafale deal we got access to French super computers for nuclear weapons simulations. Also 2.5 tons payload is a way to tell the world read China that with lower payload we can tweak it have longer range exceeding 5000kms and can reach any part of China from safety of bay of Bengal itself....

I don't even want to consider Pakistan and North Korea as nuclear weapons state as they don't have missile launch capable weapons. They only have air dropped weapons which can be tracked and destroyed along with fighter planes with which they are intended to launch.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think you are not aware of Indian nuclear weapons....
I don't want to reveal much but believe me India's nuclear weapons are as contemporary as any P5+Israeli weapons.
We had 155mm howitzer launch nukes as long back as 1994. And now we have very efficient thermonuclear design where very less HEU is used to ignite duterium and tritium to get higher yields and smaller and lighter weapons which can be actually used without causing huge nuclear fallout same as any P5 design. You should remember we tested first weapon in 1974. Also remember we had access to USSR test facilities. Agni 3 itself is 3mirved which is a decade old design. Now you can have fair amount of knowledge how much more we could have achieved. Also in Rafale deal we got access to French super computers for nuclear weapons simulations. Also 2.5 tons payload is a way to tell the world read China that with lower payload we can tweak it have longer range exceeding 5000kms and can reach any part of China from safety of bay of Bengal itself....

I don't even want to consider Pakistan and North Korea as nuclear weapons state as they don't have missile launch capable weapons. They only have air dropped weapons which can be tracked and destroyed along with fighter planes with which they are intended to launch.
I recently learned that our 1980s missile were still capable of carrying at least 3 separate warheads if need be!
Today we are on a whole different level.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Our nuclear program is very secretive . Very few people have knowledge about full details.. my father in his last year was posted in MOD for 1 year and he never uttered a word about it...we don't need to test hydrogen bomb because now supercomputer simulate it very well.. our nuclear program has come a long way .. even North Korea have tested hydrogen bomb in 2017 with yield greater than 200kt.. with 2.5 tons warhead , the yield would be in MT of TNT... Fun fact as the members have mentioned here Agni 3 is a mirv missile, . But Agni 6 would be our true mirv with at least 5 warhead and decoys..

no smoking

Country flag
Also 2.5 tons payload is a way to tell the world read China that with lower payload we can tweak it have longer range exceeding 5000kms and can reach any part of China from safety of bay of Bengal itself....
Firstly, it was claimed to be 2 tons.
Secondly, the 2 tons payload is the maximum, under this condition, a 17 tons missile can only fly around 1700 km with the techs on earth. Maybe on your planet - Mars, it can fly 3500km.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Please, enlighten me........30000000000chars
A MIRV in itself is an independent missile. It is different then a MRV.

Launching 104 satellites doesn't mean that we are capable of launching MIRV. But it does mean that we have a viable BUS architecture and delivery mechanism.

Important aspects of a MIRV is miniaturization of engine, guidance and most importantly warhead design.

Atcjurvin

A MIRV in itself is an independent missile. It is different then a MRV.

Launching 104 satellites doesn't mean that we are capable of launching MIRV. But it does mean that we have a viable BUS architecture and delivery mechanism.

Important aspects of a MIRV is miniaturization of engine, guidance and most importantly warhead design.
Does porkistan really has mirv capability I doubt that.....

Freezer Dam

Country flag
Firstly, it was claimed to be 2 tons.
Secondly, the 2 tons payload is the maximum, under this condition, a 17 tons missile can only fly around 1700 km with the techs on earth. Maybe on your planet - Mars, it can fly 3500km.
Can you enlighten us about the latest state of our n -programme...

Chinmoy

Country flag
What they will display missile launched from Karachi falling in Islamabad. :rofl:
They would display the multiple hits achieved with one Ababeel. Infact Porkis have an upper hand and proactive in that.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They would display the multiple hits achieved with one Ababeel. Infact Porkis have an upper hand and proactive in that.
yeah porki rocket scientists are even superior than Russian and Chinese that's why there were able to fit mirv in low range missile.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles