J20 Stealth Fighter

scatterStorm

Country flag

Please claim that these machines are still stealthy.
One can see them even without Binoculars
I believe these are RD33 engines, which are infamous for producing that black smoke, since Chinese are still developing there engine, it also seems that improper combustion in the engine of J31 pertains to just quick and dirty installation of engines and inefficient airflow management through engine air intakes. But these are just speculations, only time and war will tell how good these machines are.

Since I dropped my stance on the Chinese having unproven components and inefficient quality management, this design of J31 is closely similar to the airframe design of F35 lightning 2, which you may already know. Hence airframe wise it's LO, but since there's no mention of what elements constituent the part of it's RAM coating, nothing can be said about it's VLO characteristics. So it's a paper tiger plane as well.

There R&D has got some serious budget and underestimating them is a serious flaw pertaining to justification bias. They are smart, they believe strength in volume and numbers, which is why US has shifted it's policy as "pivot to asia" as they need a new enemy to churn there economic war machine.

J20!

Country flag

Please claim that these machines are still stealthy.
One can see them even without Binoculars
1. That's not a J20 mate.
2. That's the first FC31 prototype produced by Shengyang, a completely different design and production house from Chengdu, which produces the J20.
3. That was the FIRST PROTOTYPE powered by the same engines on the Mig29.
4. Prototypes tend to be completely different from production aircraft.if you haven't noticed. Compare the first J20 prototype and the LRIP aircraft pictured above. Or the YF22 prototype with production F22's or even production F35's and the first prototype produced by Lockheed.
5. This is a revised version of FC31 ie v2.0. Compare and contrast with the pics you posted:

J20!

Country flag

Indian Tejas is fine to shoot these mighty birds
Hahahahaha! Please research before you post.That's an in-flight fuel dump. It's an emergency procedure to rapidly reduce an aircraft's weight before making an emergency landing shortly after take-off. It's a pre-requisite for any jet aircraft's certification:

The AL series of engines ejects fuel from the nozzle mate. That isn't smoke, its fuel.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Hahahahaha! Please research before you post.That's an in-flight fuel dump. It's an emergency procedure to rapidly reduce an aircraft's weight before making an emergency landing shortly after take-off. It's a pre-requisite for any jet aircraft's certification:

The AL series of engines ejects fuel from the nozzle mate. That isn't smoke, its fuel.
Why don't you compare the Smoke's colour .
If you still denied it than you have to ask Chengdu to share the carbon composition of the smoke
Cheers
17759831_1654162778226953_3185151652919228877_n.jpg

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I request you to read my quote again.
I mentioned "Please claim that these machines are still stealthy.
One can see them even without Binoculars"
I didn't mention the Aircraft model.
So I request you to please stop your non-sense smartness.
Check out the bort number for more information
2. That's the first FC31 prototype produced by Shengyang, a completely different design and production house from Chengdu, which produces the J20.
4. Prototypes tend to be completely different from production aircraft.if you haven't noticed. Compare the first J20 prototype and the LRIP aircraft pictured above. Or the YF22 prototype with production F22's or even production F35's and the first prototype produced by Lockheed.
5. This is a revised version of FC31 ie v2.0. Compare and contrast with the pics you posted:

J20!

Country flag
I request you to read my quote again.
I mentioned "Please claim that these machines are still stealthy.
One can see them even without Binoculars"
I didn't mention the Aircraft model.
So I request you to please stop your non-sense smartness.
Check out the bort number for more information
What are you saying?

"Machines"? That's 1 PROTOTYPE. That's in the singular not plural. And again, what does the FC31 prototype have to do with the J20? As I said, they are from two different design houses...

You didn't mention the "aircraft model" because you don't know how different they are.

J20!

Country flag
Why don't you compare the Smoke's colour .
If you still denied it than you have to ask Chengdu to share the carbon composition of the smoke
Cheers
View attachment 14883
Don't try to move the goal posts man.

I was replying to this post which YOU made:

Indian Tejas is fine to shoot these mighty birds
Those two pictures you posted are two J20 prototypes performing a fuel dump procedure.

Now you're trying to say the picture of the FC31's smokey RD33 engines is the same as performing a fuel dump? What are you saying? A fuel dump is not performed during a take-off run genius.

2. FC31 is being developed by SHENGYANG CORP, not Chengdu... Get your facts straight Mr. If you don't know, just ask. No need to pretend you know what you're talking about.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Don't try to move the goal posts man.

I was replying to this post which YOU made:

Those two pictures you posted are two J20 prototypes performing a fuel dump procedure.

Now you're trying to say the picture of the FC31's smokey RD33 engines is the same as performing a fuel dump? What are you saying? A fuel dump is not performed during a take-off run genius.

2. FC31 is being developed by SHENGYANG CORP, not Chengdu... Get your facts straight Mr. If you don't know, just ask. No need to pretend you know what you're talking about.

This is the unedited image which clearly shows that it's not a fuel dump practice snap.
Carbon mix smoke is not as same as of smoke generated during fuel dump process.
I posted images of both J-20 & J-31 at the same time that's why I'm talking about the so called flagships at the same instance of time.
Good day

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
What are you saying?

"Machines"? That's 1 PROTOTYPE. That's in the singular not plural. And again, what does the FC31 prototype have to do with the J20? As I said, they are from two different design houses...

You didn't mention the "aircraft model" because you don't know how different they are.
Oh really?
1. " Its not a machine"
Please stop your non-sense.
Anything which is used to ease our work is machine.
. And ofcourse An Aircraft is a type of machine.
Again, please don't point out : "you didn't mentioned it as "FIGHTER AIRCRAFT" or " STEALTH fighter jet" or bla bla bla

2. When I'm talking about Aircrafts than obviously they are plural.
Again, I suggest you, stop your non-sense.

3. Previously I didn't call you "under smart" , it doesn't mean that you are not. Sometimes, there is no need to write everything.

scatterStorm

Country flag

I do understand that it's not a J31 thread but if possible I have a few questions, which I would appreciate if you don't mind to shed some light on it:

What's the current stats of J31, any new developments?

How many prototypes are built so far?

Are they equipped with an operational AESA?

if so what is the composition of its T/R elements? Are they GaN, GaAr or the cutting edge GaS? If possible please do mention the net power output say 10MW or 15 etc.

What is the TM(thermal management) on its avionics, is it Fuel cooled via a heat exchanger, or liquid cooling or both i.e. using ram air to cool the liquid thereby cooling avionics supported by fuel cooling as well?

Will the first operational squadron will run with RD33s?

Any assumptions about the location of first operational deployment, airbase etc?

J20!

Country flag
I do understand that it's not a J31 thread but if possible I have a few questions, which I would appreciate if you don't mind to shed some light on it:

What's the current stats of J31, any new developments?

How many prototypes are built so far?

Are they equipped with an operational AESA?

if so what is the composition of its T/R elements? Are they GaN, GaAr or the cutting edge GaS? If possible please do mention the net power output say 10MW or 15 etc.

What is the TM(thermal management) on its avionics, is it Fuel cooled via a heat exchanger, or liquid cooling or both i.e. using ram air to cool the liquid thereby cooling avionics supported by fuel cooling as well?

Will the first operational squadron will run with RD33s?

Any assumptions about the location of first operational deployment, airbase etc?
I'll gladly share what little information available thus far about the FC31, but please note that not much information is publicly available on it, less so for the J20.

1. There are only two prototypes that have been photographed thus far. One that first flew on the 31st of October 2012 and a revised version that first flew in December of 2016:

http://www.janes.com/article/66559/china-s-second-fc-31-fighter-prototype-makes-maiden-flight

The v2.0 version has several noteworthy revisions to the air frame, namely the change in vertical stabilizers and the addition of an electro-optical targeting system aperture under its chin, much like the J20 and the F35.

2. There has been 0 indication that the FC31 will ever be inducted into PLA service. Unlike the J20 which first flew with PLAAF insignia from prototype stage, the FC31 has always flown with AVIC insignia and has been marketed to foreign customers from the beginning. As the first prototypes flight demonstrations at the Zhuhai airshow demonstrate. It has always been assumed by PLA observers that it is totally funded by Shengyang Corp with no input from the PLAAF or the central government.

So I couldn't possibly tell you where it will be deployed as there is no indication that it will even be inducted.

WRT the RD33's, again we don't know whether any operational air-frame will run on RD33's. Pictures of the second prototype have no give-away smoke trails like the first prototype, but from the pics available, it does look like the second prototype still flies on RD33's or the domestic production of that engine the WS13. I won't confirm either as fact, as I or anyone else hasn't shown definitive proof of what engine the second prototype uses.

3. There has been no indication that a radar or other sensors have been installed on either of the air frames. We only have a few pictures of the second prototype so maybe time will tell. I won't speculate on what I haven't seen for sure.

J20!

Country flag

This is the unedited image which clearly shows that it's not a fuel dump practice snap.
Carbon mix smoke is not as same as of smoke generated during fuel dump process.
I posted images of both J-20 & J-31 at the same time that's why I'm talking about the so called flagships at the same instance of time.
Good day
"Carbon mix smoke"? How is that "clearly not a fuel dump"? Suit yourself mate.

I've posted several pics of AL31 equipped jets performing fuel dumping procedures. They look exactly like the J20 picture above, because THEY ALL USE AL31 SERIES ENGINES genius. If you cant show me how those photos differ then I can only assume that you're just trying to derail this thread with more nonsense.

Or is this smoke too?:

Post something verifiable or move on mate. You're wasting my time with that nonsense. If the AL series engines on the J20 smoke, then why don't the SAME ENGINES on the SU30MKI or anyother SU30 series aircraft smoke the same way? Stop trolling.

hardip

I believe these are RD33 engines, which are infamous for producing that black smoke, since Chinese are still developing there engine, it also seems that improper combustion in the engine of J31 pertains to just quick and dirty installation of engines and inefficient airflow management through engine air intakes. But these are just speculations, only time and war will tell how good these machines are.

Since I dropped my stance on the Chinese having unproven components and inefficient quality management, this design of J31 is closely similar to the airframe design of F35 lightning 2, which you may already know. Hence airframe wise it's LO, but since there's no mention of what elements constituent the part of it's RAM coating, nothing can be said about it's VLO characteristics. So it's a paper tiger plane as well.

There R&D has got some serious budget and underestimating them is a serious flaw pertaining to justification bias. They are smart, they believe strength in volume and numbers, which is why US has shifted it's policy as "pivot to asia" as they need a new enemy to churn there economic war machine.

this nothing to proof again and again.............

i dont know why ... people shouting on this (j-20) ..

after that...Chinese never build a International slandered jet..
they never proove that they have stealth technology...
(if they have... Like this technology chinese first targets on INDIA ...(as soft target)

this picure prooove that.... chinese just made a dumb copiese... from another... but they cant build a technology....
:biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
this nothing to proof again and again.............

i dont know why ... people shouting on this (j-20) ..

after that...Chinese never build a International slandered jet..
they never proove that they have stealth technology...
(if they have... Like this technology chinese first targets on INDIA ...(as soft target)

this picure prooove that.... chinese just made a dumb copiese... from another... but they cant build a technology....
:biggrin2:
Please avoid baiting.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
"Carbon mix smoke"? How is that "clearly not a fuel dump"? Suit yourself mate.

I've posted several pics of AL31 equipped jets performing fuel dumping procedures. They look exactly like the J20 picture above, because THEY ALL USE AL31 SERIES ENGINES genius. If you cant show me how those photos differ then I can only assume that you're just trying to derail this thread with more nonsense.

Or is this smoke too?:

Post something verifiable or move on mate. You're wasting my time with that nonsense. If the AL series engines on the J20 smoke, then why don't the SAME ENGINES on the SU30MKI or anyother SU30 series aircraft smoke the same way? Stop trolling.
Live with you Chinese cozy dreams
Hv a good day

J20!

Country flag
Live with you Chinese cozy dreams
Hv a good day
I assume that means you have no sources -articles, academic papers or even pictures- to back up your nonsensical claims with. Not even a single answer to the straight-forward questions I just asked. Great.

"Good Day" mate!

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I assume that means you have no sources -articles, academic papers or even pictures- to back up your nonsensical claims with. Not even a single answer to the straight-forward questions I just asked. Great.

"Good Day" mate!
Chinese so called STEALTHY machine J-31 incorporated KLIMOV RD-93 / WS-13 (Planned) and J-20 uses Shenyang WS-10G / Saturn AL-31F-M2 / Xian WS-15

As per your request , I want to tell you that during fuel dump or you can say fuel jettison , FIGHTER AIRCRAFT Jets leave white trails, or contrails, sometimes catches fire due to higher release of fuel.
But if you compare it with pre uploaded photos except 1 (in which both Engines are differentiated) , all releases dark black smoke behind them which is not said to be as " Fuel Jettison"
Oh sorry, its my fault ,
Pictures??
I forgot that you are unable to see pre posted images. I will be back with BRAZIL.
Inbetween Consult a good doc
Hope you will be able to see above posted images.
Get well soon.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
Pictures??
Consult a good doc
Hope you will be able to see above posted images.
Get well soon.
The fuel dump photos you thought where smoke? Yeah I had a good laugh over your ill-informed assumptions.

Next time consult someone who has actual knowledge before embarrassing yourself. Now go post that ignorant nonsense in the "jokes thread".

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
The fuel dump photos you thought where smoke? Yeah I had a good laugh over your ill-informed assumptions.

Next time consult someone who has actual knowledge before embarrassing yourself. Now go post that ignorant nonsense in the "jokes thread".
Why are you jettisoning your fuel?
I have only few words for you.
GET WELL SOON

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles