INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Shadow

Country flag
I would love to see the AAR with our special forces.Special weapon for special people.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Army must order 550,000 insas mk 1c to regular troops and 300,000 ghatak rifle to RR troops operating in Jammu and Kashmir.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Indian Army must order 550,000 insas mk 1c to regular troops and 300,000 ghatak rifle to RR troops operating in Jammu and Kashmir.
Please stop giving numbers like that.

People like me recommend 20 crore rifles to to be manufactured for a grand army and militia.

So, let us not get into such numbers

WolfPack86

Country flag
Please stop giving numbers like that.

People like me recommend 20 crore rifles to to be manufactured for a grand army and militia.

So, let us not get into such numbers
Okay then lets hope Indian Army order good numbers of indigenous assault rifles.

soikot banerjee

Country flag

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The single most important difference is its receiver is machined and single piece compare to its earlier version in service and also in British and other nations as well, The butt-stock design will see change in next few months ..

I think second pic is GPMG which has lighter receiver to reduce weight. Bipod Old GPMG would weight around 11-12 kg but new MG is 9kg. I wonder this is the new light GPMG being developed by DRDO or there will be something completely new?
@soikot banerjee @HarshBardhan @Vorschlaghammer

The first pic is definitely OFB made MAG 2A1,you can find technical specs about it on the official website at
http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/17.htm

The second pic is a bit interesting.To me,it looks like a MAG - PKM hybrid gun,with internals taken from PKM while externals and feed tray are taken from MAG.
For more info on second gun,refer to my post at
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...indian-armed-forces.1496/page-19#post-1350254

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
As part of ongoing joint training between troops #IndianArmy and #Bangladesh Army at #BRC, Danapur Cantt, Lecture-cum-demonstration on room intervention, clearance drills and hostage rescue was organised. Both the armies immensely benefited. The visitors were also given exposure in rock climbing and rappelling in order to ingrain skills for scaling houses, top entry into buildings where terrorists have taken a hostage. The contingents shared the dynamics of operating in Counter Insurgency & Counter Terrorism operations

Source : ADGPI page at FB.

=====================================

All are improved 1B1s ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Validation Ex #Sampriti17, two week #JointMilitaryTrainingexercise #IndianArmy and #BangladeshArmy focused on terrorism & enhancing synergy and interoperability during conduct of such joint tactical operations. The joint exercise of house intervention demonstrated during the final validation showcased the determination of the two Armies to work closely with each other and share their expertise #IndianArmy #BangladeshArmy

Source : ADGPI page at FB.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Indra 2017, joint Russian-Indian military exercises, in Russian Far East
PRIMORYE TERRITORY, RUSSIA - OCTOBER 27, 2017: Indian servicemen take part in Indra 2017, a joint Russian-Indian military exercise, at the Sergeyevsky range. Yuri Smityuk/TASS (Photo by Yuri Smityuk\TASS via Getty Images)

Chinmoy

Country flag
Why are they wearing this type of gloves,with no spacing for fingers?
Doesn't it obstruct while pulling the trigger?
These are not gloves, but gunner mittens. They do have generally a flap in palm to fire a weapon with them being on. Some tactical models do have separate space for the index finger along with thumb.

TYPE-A9A-MITTENS-USAAF-2.JPG

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

PRIMORYE TERRITORY, RUSSIA - OCTOBER 27, 2017: Indian servicemen take part in Indra 2017, a joint Russian-Indian military exercise, at the Sergeyevsky range. Yuri Smityuk/TASS (Photo by Yuri Smityuk\TASS via Getty Images)
I don't like seeing our flag on the front side of the helmet,it should be placed on the side of shoulder or below the name of the soldier.
I think we should re design the whole uniform

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles